Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Tail of the Dragon - Late May

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 03:14 PM
SuburbanMom
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ok, dyna rider told me the Devil's Triangle is in rough shape from the coal trucks. Maybe that should be a pass!

Old 03-04-2010, 03:43 PM
AluminumGT40
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Nervous on the Dragon

The last I had been on any kind of scoot was 28 years ago. AND, my first outing after all this time off of any bike was on the Dragon. Never owned a Harley. During a Gatlinburg trip this past June, as a tease I told my wife, "Lets rent a Harley" OOPS she was all for that. I asked the HD people at Pigeon Forge where might be a good place to ride as we were getting the rental set up. We rented a 2008 FLSTCI Softail Heritage Classic. They told me the Dragon and gave directions. Off we went to the Dragon. The first time I had ever been on a Harley. Had my wife onboard too. Well, we both survived and had a great ride. Came back home and bought a 2003 FLSTCI Softail Classic. Only got a few hundred miles on it before old man winter hit. Been buying a lot of chrome, leather and bike gadgets. Looking to wear out some roads this summer. Learning more every day. You will be OK.