Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Natchez Trace Trip starts (5-20-11)

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 07:45 AM
Michel T
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Natchez Trace Trip starts (5-20-11)

We are leaving on a road trip tomorrow morning (5-20-11). There will be 6 couples; we will be doing the Natchez Trace. I always posted our trips and video of them here. This will be a little different; I will try to keep our face book updated at each stop with pictures etc.. It all depends on phone signal. Don’t have facebook, that’s alright, at the end of each day we will update our webpage of the trip hope to have some HD pictures and maybe small video clips, along with a little write up by Marcia. This is our vacation so I am not going to spend a whole lot of time on this, but I will give it my best shot. Don’t get aggravated if I don’t respond much on the forum with the trip, I will be busy pushing buttons, and also keeping company with Red Stag in the evening.
http://michelmarciamotorcycletrips.com/Natchez2011.html

Old 05-19-2011, 08:06 AM
adlad
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope you have packed your water wings. There is going to be a lot of water as you get closer to Vicksburg. We did the Trace two summers ago and it was a great trip. We went for 20 miles at a time without seeing any other vehicles. Gas stations can be few and far between so don't pass any up. Stop by Tupelo and visit the Elvis home. It is pretty neat. Have fun and be safe.

Old 05-19-2011, 09:00 AM
Michel T
Tourer

Natchez is to crest may 21 Keep checking with them the fort by port gibson is closed so far

Old 05-19-2011, 11:21 AM
Harley Guy
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking forward to the pictures.

We will be on the Trace in early July - the upper 100 miles or so as a detour from Nashville to Birmingham.

Have a great trip.

Old 05-19-2011, 12:30 PM
birddog174
Advanced

I am also looking forward to seeing the pictures, Looks like its going to be busy in july thats when we are heading down also.

Old 05-19-2011, 11:25 PM
Michel T
Tourer

Well I am still up 7 more hours until we leave. Making some Cd's for my Buddy's to listen to will riding. I will be posting pictures tomorrow, oh I guess it really is today. Like I said will post also on our face book but the pictures are not that great using my phone for that but tomorrow evening will have some on our website should be higher definition. The trace will not start until Sunday, we should make Natchez Saturday afternoon.

Old 05-20-2011, 02:47 PM
vulcanater
Road Captain

Looking forward to it. We will be doing the Trace towards the end of summer.

Old 05-20-2011, 09:35 PM
rdc401
Road Master
Received 120 Likes on 88 Posts

you will get to see the damage the tornado done around french camp,also stop at frensh camp where the cabins are at nice place to eat lunch,have great dill pickle to eat with your lunch.

Old 05-21-2011, 07:27 AM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

Please post pics and tell us how the ride was. Thinking of doing a fly and ride.

Old 05-21-2011, 01:47 PM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I ran the Trace last October, and it was one of the most relaxing and enjoyable trips I have ever taken. Many will say that it's a boring road, but if you immerse yourself in the history of the Trace, it's absolutely wonderful! Eager to see your pictures and commentary!

Quick Reply: Natchez Trace Trip starts (5-20-11)