Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Rent and ride in Nashville, where?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 10:56 AM
dboyenga
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rent and ride in Nashville, where?

Vacationing next week in Nashville, TN. Thinking of renting for a day. According to HOG, Boswells is the place to rent. I'm looking for suggestions for a nice ride in the area out in the country maybe with places to stop and see along the way. Is there a good ride heading towards Lynchburg to tour Jack Daniels or are there better destinations?
Thanks for the replies.

Old 03-06-2012, 01:45 PM
efdbrian
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I'm looking at a trip down there this summer. I live in south central PA and plan on riding. It's a little over 800 miles one way. So far the plan is to stay off the big slab and stick to the rural 'highways'. Mostly US11 on the way down. I'm planning on staying in the Chatanooga area I think. I'm going to take a day to go to Jack Daniels and a day or so over in eastern TN to ride the Tail of the Dragon and other roads in that area. I'm interested in what you end up doing.

Old 03-06-2012, 02:11 PM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 605 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by dboyenga
Vacationing next week in Nashville, TN. Thinking of renting for a day. According to HOG, Boswells is the place to rent. I'm looking for suggestions for a nice ride in the area out in the country maybe with places to stop and see along the way. Is there a good ride heading towards Lynchburg to tour Jack Daniels or are there better destinations?
Thanks for the replies.
It would make a nice day trip..Lyncburg is a nice area,and my dealings with Boswells has been nothing but nice..

Old 03-06-2012, 05:37 PM
MCHOGG
Road Captain
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

The ride to Lynchburg is a nice ride and fun place to visit.
To the west is Natchez Trace a slow ride full of history.
Enjoy your visit and ride in the area.

Old 03-08-2012, 11:09 PM
nozzlehead
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes sir Captain Itch, Boswell's was great with me whenever I rented from them. They have done me good every time.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:29 PM
dboyenga
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by efdbrian
I'm looking at a trip down there this summer. I live in south central PA and plan on riding. It's a little over 800 miles one way. So far the plan is to stay off the big slab and stick to the rural 'highways'. Mostly US11 on the way down. I'm planning on staying in the Chatanooga area I think. I'm going to take a day to go to Jack Daniels and a day or so over in eastern TN to ride the Tail of the Dragon and other roads in that area. I'm interested in what you end up doing.
We did our trip week before last. Had a great time. Did Jack Daniels, the bars on Broadway, a bunch of historical stuff, Ryman tour and an Orpry show. The highlight of the week for me was renting an Ultra Classic for a day. Weather has freakishly warm, in the 80's. We rented at Boswells and headed east of town out to hwy 96 east of Dowelltown and up 96 into the hills as suggested by someone here. Awesome ride! Came down out of the hills and stayed on 96 all the way over to Liepers Fork and got on the Nachez Trace Parkway. Went down the parkway for a while until a big thunderstorm blew up and ended our day. Had to get off the parkway and took freeway back to Nashville.
Almost 400 miles in 8 hours on the Ultra two-up. We hadn't ridden since November and my wife is ususally only good for an hour or two on the back of my RKC. No complaints from the back seat all day... so now I'm thinking, add a Ultra (ours), keep the King (mine), might have to work on that for a while!
Thanks to all for your tips and suggestions.
I downloaded some pics on a thread with the same name on the touring forum.