Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Nashville TN

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 10:08 PM
doug62
Road Captain
Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Nashville TN

I am in the planning stages of a motorcycle trip I'll be taking to Nashville Tn in the next few weeks. I know there are plenty of things to do there but having never spent any time there I need suggestions on what to see and do while I am there. Sight seeing, shows, rides, restaurants.... Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I'll be spending roughly three days in the area. Thank you.

Last edited by doug62; 08-20-2014 at 07:17 AM.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:51 PM
MikeBel
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,501 Likes on 639 Posts

Go see the Parthenon. I'm not kidding. Full size replica and amazing inside as well. We've been twice and I'd go again. It sits in a very large open park. Both times we went, there were concerts and activities in the park. Parking can be a bitch though if the park has activities, so check ahead. Here's the link.

http://www.nashville.gov/Parks-and-R...Parthenon.aspx

Last Nov. my wife and I went to Greece for our 25th anniversary and we went to the real Parthenon. We laughed wondering how many people have been to both!

PS. It's in the city so as you're riding you'll think it can't be where you are, but it's there.

Last edited by MikeBel; 08-19-2014 at 10:57 PM.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:56 PM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 334 Likes on 203 Posts

Park your bike on Broadway, sit back, and watch the magic happen. Oh, and check out the Johnny Cash museum and Tootsie's Orchid Lounge. All within walking distance on Broadway. Also, your less than a couple of hours north of Chattanooga, which has Rock City, Lookout Mountain and a pretty good aquarium. I'm sure there's some TN folks here who have even better suggestions.

Old 08-19-2014, 11:56 PM
Buckshaw
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you like catfish, check out "**** of the Walk" its about 2 miles from the Opry Land Hotel. Best catfish I have ever tasted.

Old 08-20-2014, 03:03 AM
JW1200
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 20,925 Likes on 8,255 Posts

There's free concerts all the time in Nashville in the summer. And if you want to spend $$, chances are there will be some big name acts in town as well. Check out the honkey tonks, and Printers Alley.

Old 08-20-2014, 04:26 AM
FLS103
Road Warrior
Received 240 Likes on 154 Posts

The Lane Motor Museum is cool. See if there is anything scheduled that interest you at TPAC (TN Performing Arts Center). Fort Nashboro is downtown, its the original settlement. The Bell Witch cave is about an hour north by northwest in Adams, TN. Lots of Civil war History in the area if you are into that.
Go to S&G Custom Cycles in Columbia (about an hour south)...very cool place. Lots of Harley history there, its has the decor of a bikers Cracker Barrel. They have parts from a pre-1903 Harley ( before they were founded) google S&G and check them out. Great museum and people, also a big boneyard of parts.

Old 08-20-2014, 04:32 AM
brent1024
Tourer
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Way way lots too do! Defiantly walk into any guitar shop. There's always some people in there pickin & grinning. Good way to here some great music plus everyone is pretty cool to talk to. They will give you the heads up on what the check out & tell ya where are the tourist traps to stay away from.

Old 08-20-2014, 07:13 AM
doug62
Road Captain
Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

All great suggestions! I will certainly be following through with all of this. I really appreciate the help.

Old 08-20-2014, 07:47 AM
JohnnyRebKY
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Finally someone comming to my area lol. I echo the suggestion for Tootsies lounge, also The Stage. Hell broadway is a awesome place period. Just park and take off walking and you will know where to go. The back alley behind the bars is the alley against the ryman auditorium which was the original grand ole opry. Very mystic place if you like music history. The broadway bars like tootsies are good places to pick up a " partner" as a lot are out of towers staying nearby looking for a good time lol.

If you need a dealer while your in town go to cool springs Harley Davidson. Great place. boswells is closer but very small.

Nashville within itself is mainly a party crowd sorta thing and music history. If you get out of town within a 50 mile radius there's lots of things to see also. bowling green ky is 47 miles north as has the corvette museum and assembly plant and other things. south of Nashville such as franklin has civil war things to see. The list goes on and on. Point is don't limit yourself to nashville metro area unless you just want to drink and chase girls...,which is cool too lol.

One place I wouldn't miss is the Jack Daniels Distillery in Lynchburg. Not far away and beautifull twisty roads leading to it. Is the poster stamp of what Tennessee should look like. The tour is free and a lot of fun. You won't regret the ride to that place. Stunning scenery.

Also the nickname for Nashville is " Crashville". The reason is self explanatory and it's no joke. People are crazy on the surrounding interstate highways so be very cautious. I won't even ride a motorcycle into Nashville. Also do not be on them between 3pm or so and 6-7pm unless you want a overheated harley sitting in a gridlock. Not trying to discourage you just heads up on what to expect.

Last edited by JohnnyRebKY; 08-20-2014 at 08:05 AM.
The following users liked this post:
jkghdrider (07-18-2018)
Old 08-20-2014, 08:33 AM
williamfrog
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 7 Posts

We just got back ,we liked Wild Horses Saloon

Quick Reply: Nashville TN