Rockford Fosgate Audio High performance motorcycle audio systems, purpose built for Harley-Davidson.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rockford Fosgate PMX2 issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 11:48 PM
rwskinner
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So you said....
“So no, you can't browse PLAY LISTS>ARTISTS>ALBUMS>GENRES>SONGS>COMPOSERS>AUDIOB O OKS>PODCASTS”

Although your user manual clearly states we can? With this known, give Crutchfield authorization to buy this receiver back for the full price since it does not do what your specs and manual says it does.
I am not losing $399 on this because your documentation is wrong and the PMX-2 doesn't have basic USB navigation capabilities. Fire your programmer and hire a real one !!! I never seen a media receiver this lame.

BUYERS BEWARE !!!

Last edited by rwskinner; 09-17-2018 at 11:55 PM.
Old 09-18-2018, 08:07 AM
rwskinner
Intermediate

Sorry, that last message was uncalled for. I'm just aggravated and upset.

Originally Posted by rwskinner
So you said....
“So no, you can't browse PLAY LISTS>ARTISTS>ALBUMS>GENRES>SONGS>COMPOSERS>AUDIOB O OKS>PODCASTS”

Although your user manual clearly states we can? With this known, give Crutchfield authorization to buy this receiver back for the full price since it does not do what your specs and manual says it does.
I am not losing $399 on this because your documentation is wrong and the PMX-2 doesn't have basic USB navigation capabilities. Fire your programmer and hire a real one !!! I never seen a media receiver this lame.

BUYERS BEWARE !!!

Old 09-24-2018, 01:03 PM
rwskinner
Intermediate

I have but there hasn't been responses other than the original response telling me to read page 9 of the manual.
I even left my phone number but I hadn't received a call back either.
It would be nice to know if they were working on a fix, or don't plan on messing with it because it makes a difference if I keep this product or not.

Richard

Originally Posted by Rockford Fosgate
rwskinner,
Be certain to let our Technical Support know about any/all issues found versus logging them here on a 3rd party forum. I forwarded this thread to technical support and they were able to reproduce the unexpected USB folder browsing issue, so they are looking into that. However, they were not made aware of the PMX radio locking up, so that is an issue that will need to be reproduced.

Also regarding the below comment, this does not apply to USB thumb drives, only Apple devices when browsing. We may need to revise the manual to state "USB (iPod) Operation" so it's crystal clear what topic is being discussed:

Old 09-25-2018, 06:17 PM
Rockford Fosgate
Platinum Sponsor
Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

Engineering investigated the folder browsing and it is indeed limited to two levels. Since this is a limitation of the hardware, there is no option within the current software to support a third level.
Our engineering is looking into the USB locking up issue.

Old 09-25-2018, 10:29 PM
rwskinner
Intermediate

Thank you. I see there was a response but for some reason that response was in my spam folder. I'm not sure why but it was.
It was basically the same thing you are saying here.

Engineering investigated the folder browsing and it is indeed limited to two levels. Since this is a limitation of the hardware, there is no option within the current software to support a third level.
Our engineering is looking into the USB locking up issue.

Old 09-26-2018, 11:35 AM
Rockford Fosgate
Platinum Sponsor

rwskinner,

Thank you for confirming you received the email. Our engineering is attempting to reproduce the locking-up issue...with your USB drive you stated:

"USB operation constantly pauses while it loads more USB data. I only have 59 songs on my USB and it takes forever and locks up."

What is the maximum folder level you have on your USB? Is it like this:
Root Folder (folder 1)
......Artist Name (folder 2)
------------Albums (folder 3)
-------------------Songs (folder 4 - music files ONLY reside here)

Old 10-15-2018, 05:15 AM
woodguy75
Advanced
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

is this still a problem qith the pmx2 receiver?, ive been looking to pick one up, been debating between rockford and infinity

Old 11-20-2018, 11:54 AM
Rockford Fosgate
Platinum Sponsor

Sorry I missed this ... with help from the user, our engineering team was able to identify the lockup issue and provided a software fix for it. Since then we have yet to hear any feedback.

The USB folder browsing is limited to two levels as mentioned earlier as this is a limitation with the hardware.

Old 05-19-2022, 05:56 PM
HarleySilverback
Stage II
Default Pmx2 Bluetooth problems

Hi shadango,

I'm working with a customer through private email and feel I'm having the exact same conversation.

It seems our website did incorrectly state that album art and browsing was compatible with iPhone and Android. We missed removing that feature once the manual was completed, and I have removed that info from the website with a disclaimer that Android has limited functionality, this is solely based on the Android operating system as iPhone users have full compatibility of features. I'll need to contact Crutchfield and notify them of the assumptions made on their descriptions.

It appears your software has the latest version that's not even listed on our website, so you don't need to update anything at this time. The GUI and DECODE are only one incrementally version newer on your PMX-2, so this is likely a tiny update that will be included in the next full version that will be downloadable from our website. For others reading this, all our PMX software updates are available for download/update on our public site here:
http://rftech.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1205

As for the Pandora dropping, we have a full article here on the procedure to reconnect Android drops:
http://rftech.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1346

Location Services is inside the Android App which turns-on the Bluetooth radio.:
  1. Tap Settings.
  2. Tap Location.
  3. Move the slider to On.
  4. Tap Mode.
  5. Select Mode as High Accuracy or Battery Saving (no GPS):
Since we failed at providing accurate product information required for you to base your purchasing decision on, how do we move forward? if you'd like to take that part of the conversation offline.
I'm having all the same issues. This is my 2nd head unit from Reckless purchased in 3/19. The first one was replaced 2 months after purchase do to the volume randomly going up to max or down to 0. The new HU will connect via Bluetooth on my galaxy s22 and my wife's galaxy 20, it shows the track playing and and the timer but no sounds thru the speakers. I also have your amp and since putting the 2nd head unit in the 2 left speakers don't work. I was able to use an auxiliary cord to play music, so I settled for 2 speakers which still sounded amazing. However there's no auxiliary connection on my new s22. So the only thing I can listen to is fm radio which only picks up 1 to 3 stations and spotty at best. I'd send it back to Reckless but the process of taking the whole fairing off is impossible for me, lack of proper tools so I have to pay $150 to take off and put on can't imagine how much it would be at a Harley store. Plus Reckless charges me $150 for shipping. If I'm going to pay 300 plus I should just replace it all but I'm not confident that I won't have the same problems. Very disappointed over all. I got one good month back in 19 that was amazing.
I'm not mechanically inclined so I'm hoping you or someone can recommend a local dealer I can talk to in person.