Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

No TourPak lid organizer for CVO Limited??

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 06:22 PM
jjscott
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default No TourPak lid organizer for CVO Limited??

I wanted to purchase the Harley TourPak lid organizer (p/n 53000392) for my 2018 CVO Limited, but it is not listed under the fitment section. They make one for the standard Ultra Limited. Anybody know why they don't offer one for the CVO?

They don't even offer the wall organizer for the CVO. I'm guessing this is because of the power locks as the wall organizer covers the inside latch area. Just a guess.

Any recommendations for a third party lid organizer.

Old 09-06-2017, 08:53 PM
dixonk
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,508 Likes on 3,579 Posts

Because the CVO has a liner on the top of the tourpak and the standard Limited does not. The organizer adheres to the bare plastic.

Old 09-07-2017, 08:10 AM
mazz
Road Master
Received 193 Likes on 116 Posts

i put my lid organizer from previous limited on my cvo limited it fits it just doesn't stick or stay up very well, tried all sorts of two sided tape etc
Mazz

Old 09-07-2017, 08:32 AM
jjscott
Advanced

Originally Posted by dixonk
Because the CVO has a liner on the top of the tourpak and the standard Limited does not. The organizer adheres to the bare plastic.

I'll need to doublecheck, but I think my existing lid liner just attaches to the lid with Velcro strips and that's how the lid organizer attached to the lid of the non-CVO models. If this is correct, one would think you could simply remove the lid liner and replace it with the organizer. I'm guessing I would need to cut out a section on the liner for the lid light.

Old 09-07-2017, 08:33 AM
dixonk
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,508 Likes on 3,579 Posts

Originally Posted by jjscott
I'll need to doublecheck, but I think my existing lid liner just attaches to the lid with Velcro strips and that's how the lid organizer attached to the lid of the non-CVO models. If this is correct, one would think you could simply remove the lid liner and replace it with the organizer. I'm guessing I would need to cut out a section on the liner for the lid light.
Correct.

Old 09-07-2017, 08:33 AM
jjscott
Advanced

Originally Posted by mazz
i put my lid organizer from previous limited on my cvo limited it fits it just doesn't stick or stay up very well, tried all sorts of two sided tape etc
Mazz

Thanks. Did you try the Velcro strips that are used to mount the organizer to the bare plastic lid of the standard Limited?

Old 09-07-2017, 05:03 PM
jjscott
Advanced

Originally Posted by dixonk
Correct.
Ok, I'm still at a loss as to why they don't make an organizer for the CVO model. You should be able to remove the standard liner from the lid as it is attached with Velcro strips and replace it with the organizer that also adheres with Velcro strips. The dealer didn't have an answer either. Weird.

Old 09-07-2017, 06:01 PM
Airborne350G
Club Member
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Why wouldn't the Velcro just stick to the liner? I know my gloves Velcro sticks pretty good to it.

Old 09-08-2017, 08:35 AM
mazz
Road Master
Received 193 Likes on 116 Posts

for some reason Velcro doesn't stick to the top of the tour pack for me it stay on the organizer just fine but the material on the inside top of tour pack just wont hold on .
i am a piece of S#@$ mechanic but i can work with Velcro usually !!

Old 09-08-2017, 04:56 PM
dachbr
Advanced
Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

This was our first purchase to go with our 2017 CVO Ultra almost a year ago. The factory liner comes out. (made an excellent bed for our cat) Super sticky tape adheres the velcro strips to the tour pak lid. Velcro holds the organizer VERY securely. We keep a lot of stuff in it and it has not moved whatsoever. The hole for the light was a punchout if I remember right.

Attached Thumbnails No TourPak lid organizer for CVO Limited??-20170908_143917-1.jpg   No TourPak lid organizer for CVO Limited??-20161015_175702-1.jpg  

Quick Reply: No TourPak lid organizer for CVO Limited??