Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

Boom Box 6.5 GT Maps update

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 12:48 PM
mchertel
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Boom Box 6.5 GT Maps update

As I am sure you all know as CVO owners we get 3 free updates over 5 years to the Nav Maps. I decided to go ahead and do that since each one is worth ~150.00. Just wanted to give a heads up on what I found.

The "fingerprint" I took from the bike DB was "NACVO-MY2017" When I synced this to the NaviExtras Toolbox it showed there was an update to be had and an install button. It does not show what the update was though. If you go to "shop" from the toolbox under North America it shows that the latest is "NACVO-MY2018". Makes perfect sense then that this is what downloads when you click install.

However, after the unit was updated the Maps DB name shows "HMNA 2016 Q2". I found this to be a bit weird. So I took another "fingerprint" (Export of the DB) and ran it through the toolbox and it indeed stated "your device is up to date."

I called Harley support to ask why the naming scheme is different on the update and here is the answer. "For some reason they failed to name it "NACVO-MY2018" but instead named it after the actual map file name of "HMNA 2016 Q2" which indicates the actual date of the map updates. Apparently they are 2 years behind, in other words it takes two years after the update to create the actual available update for the units.

Just wanted to put this out there in case others had questions.

Last edited by mchertel; 11-14-2017 at 01:01 PM.
Old 03-15-2019, 07:53 AM
zubaugh
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Do I need to Register

I have a 2018 CVO Limited. I would like to see what my NAV version is compared to what is available. Since there are only 3 free updates in 5 years can I wait a year or more to register or does the 5 year clock start with my year model? Seems like there is no reason to update the maps now. Also can I update dealerships and POI without using one of the free updates? Can't seem to get past the log in/register to find current versions

Old 03-15-2019, 10:52 AM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,628 Likes on 5,180 Posts

Originally Posted by zubaugh
I have a 2018 CVO Limited. I would like to see what my NAV version is compared to what is available. Since there are only 3 free updates in 5 years can I wait a year or more to register or does the 5 year clock start with my year model? Seems like there is no reason to update the maps now. Also can I update dealerships and POI without using one of the free updates? Can't seem to get past the log in/register to find current versions
Dealership up date is free and not part of the Map updates. You can update the dealership location when ever they offer one.

Old 03-15-2019, 11:22 AM
zubaugh
Road Captain

"when ever they offer one"
Sounds like I need to register for them to offer; any idea when the 5 year period begins?

Old 03-15-2019, 02:26 PM
merman
Club Member
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds like I need to register for them to offer; any idea when the 5 year period begins?
My experience is that you just have to check your BOOM software versions against Harley's software website to see if there is an update available. Harley used to provide the software changes in a text format on they're website but I'm not seeing that for the current software release. The 5 year countdown begins the day you buy your bike. I've got a 2017 and still haven't updated the NAV software because as far as I can tell, there's nothing newer available.

Old 03-15-2019, 05:12 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Dealer updates are on the download page you download and install. Of stop in the dealer they will do it for you free. As of now GTS is up to date The Boom 6.5 go here scroll down to dealer location.

https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/e...-box-65gt.html

https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/e...avigation.html

Old 03-19-2019, 09:52 AM
zubaugh
Road Captain
Default Not Sure

I have looked at my Harley and found:
Software Version: Version 1.22.0.1
EQ Version: 2.2.1
Navigation Software: 9.10.14.710617
Map Database: NACVO-MY2018
Dealer Database: DLR-2016-Q4

But how do I check to see if I have the latest?

I think I should check and/or update
BOOM!™ BOX PREMIUM CVO
DEALER LOCATION UPDATES
MAP UPDATES
But I am not sure

I am concerned that I will mess something up if I download the Zip files and extract them all to a Thumb drive and place the Thumb Drive into the USB and try to update. I looked on You Tube but could not find anything current.

Old 03-19-2019, 06:32 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

I have looked at my Harley and found:
Software Version: Version 1.22.0.1
EQ Version: 2.2.1
Navigation Software: 9.10.14.710617
Map Database: NACVO-MY2018
Dealer Database: DLR-2016-Q4

But how do I check to see if I have the latest?

I think I should check and/or update
BOOM!™ BOX PREMIUM CVO
DEALER LOCATION UPDATES
MAP UPDATES
But I am not sure

I am concerned that I will mess something up if I download the Zip files and extract them all to a Thumb drive and place the Thumb Drive into the USB and try to update. I looked on You Tube but could not find anything current.
Stop by your deal if you not comfortable with doing the free updates they will do it no charge.

Old 03-19-2019, 06:52 PM
zubaugh
Road Captain

Originally Posted by smitty901
Stop by your deal if you not comfortable with doing the free updates they will do it no charge.
Thanks, I will discuss this with the dealer the next time I am near. However, since I have not been able to find anything in the manuals or on line that explains how I can tell what the current verisons are, I was hoping someone could help so I did not needlessly follow the update instructions.

Old 03-19-2019, 07:00 PM
zubaugh
Road Captain

Originally Posted by smitty901
Thanks, I will ask a dealer the next time I am near one. However, since I have not been able to find in manuals or on-line how to find current available versions I was hoping someone could explain so I can compare my version to the latest without needlessly updating all

Quick Reply: Boom Box 6.5 GT Maps update