Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

2018 CVO Limited - Hard to find?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2018, 12:37 PM
Jetset
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy 2018 CVO Limited - Hard to find?

Last year I started thinking about trading my 08' Ultra for a CVO. I asked my dealer how to order one and was told it would not be a big deal to get one, that last year they actually had too many CVOs and were selling them to other dealers, and to just let them know when I wanted one. So in November I let them know I wanted one, and they have not been able to give me a straight answer since! I finally got sick of hearing: "I can try to get one, but I don't know for sure IF or WHEN I can get one..." So I have started to look around. Cycle Trader has 23 listings (for Black Earth Fade), but a quick sort by "date posted" shows that most of these bikes were listed in August-November 2017 time frame. When I call around to the dealers advertising these bikes, they all give me the same story: "We sold that one but MAYBE we can get another...leave a deposit and I will see what I can do." We are halfway through the model year, and all the news reports say HD is in a sales slump - so why is it so hard to get one of their flagship bikes - or even a guarantee from a dealer that they CAN get you one by a specific date? Is anyone else experiencing this or am I doing it wrong?

Old 02-21-2018, 02:06 PM
PFWiz
Stellar HDF Member

Received 378 Likes on 228 Posts

When I started thinking about buying a CVO Limited back in Oct I ask my dealer to call me when one came in. He told me sure he would call me, but the rest of the message would be that someone else already owned it. The best he could tell me was that he had Sunglo Fade CVO due in sometime between Jan and June.

I a fit of total insanity I bought the bike that day sight unseen. It arrived in the end of Jan and the phone calls started coming into the dealer. Half a dozen different dealers called trying to trade for it. Another dozen individuals called wanting to come in and look at it / buy it (like I was gonna do).

HD has cut way back on the numbers of CVOs they are making. My advice is to decide ahead of time if you want it and then start calling around with your credit card in your hand to make a deposit. As far as finding them online goes many dealers show they have all 3 color CVO limiteds when they really have none. They are just trying to get you to come in.

As far as dealing went. My dealer gave me all the the money for my trade in a great deal on 5 extra years of extended warranty and a few little spiffs on his MSRP bike.

Last edited by PFWiz; 02-21-2018 at 02:08 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Jetset (02-22-2018)
Old 02-21-2018, 02:25 PM
tbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 690 Likes on 465 Posts

A bike just like yours sitting on the Showroom Brant's Marion Indiana.

Old 02-21-2018, 03:50 PM
Jay Gillespie
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got lucky. Went in on a Saturday, came back on Tuesday and bought it

Attached Thumbnails 2018 CVO Limited - Hard to find?-bba590a5-58b2-4d9c-8132-5d764a64848d.jpeg  
Old 02-21-2018, 05:17 PM
chrisangie
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Reserved a red one in September and just got it last week.

Old 02-21-2018, 06:33 PM
tbob
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by chrisangie
Reserved a red one in September and just got it last week.
You will need pictures to back that up.

Old 02-21-2018, 07:15 PM
chrisangie
Road Captain
Old 02-21-2018, 07:17 PM
chrisangie
Road Captain
Old 02-21-2018, 07:22 PM
tbob
Outstanding HDF Member

I do like that color,its awesome!

Old 02-21-2018, 07:24 PM
FlyingSkeet
Road Captain
Received 85 Likes on 61 Posts

Red fade pretty hard to find here in CA the few you see on Cycle Trader I called on all have been sold, they leave the ads up to draw traffic. Black fade not so much I could have made a deal on a few of them. a lot of anniversary models floating around. I wanted Red pretty bad and was green lighted with the boss but can’t find one. dealers say they can get them but want over MSRP and can’t tell me when. I have decided to wait to see 19s maybe they will make RoadGlide Ultra CVO, new frame? Better color choices or find a late model year 18 red CVO at a discount when the 19s arrive. It’s good to have options!

Quick Reply: 2018 CVO Limited - Hard to find?