Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

Street Glide CVO Seat

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2018, 06:17 PM
tbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 690 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by no1martian
Update. Harley Davidson decided that the seat issues are normal wear and tear. Truly disappointing that a company wont stand behind their product, a leather seat at 6,000 miles should not show signs of wear. My first new HD will turn out to be my last HD!
Harley has never made a good stock seat for touring. Get you a good Corbin and don't look back.

Old 08-14-2018, 11:06 AM
no1martian
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't mind the seat but it should hold up.

Old 08-15-2018, 07:37 AM
Serdvd6
Tourer
Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

I also had a issue with 2016 CVO SG seat, passenger seat was fine but riders had an issue like water had laid in on it for awhile, unfortunately I bought the bike from a dealer out of state, I took it to two dealers in my area and neither one would replace it, both brought out a service bulletin showing defects and not defects, apparently mine fell into the "none defect" area, so I called HD customer service, I might as well have been talking to a wall, those people do not know anything about customer service, so the last effort was to call my selling dealer, I did talk to the owner (we had talked when I was there making the purchase since I had travelled 550 miles) He would also not do anything, he said that I should have said something earlier, I told him I did when his salesmen called me to see how the bike was doing about two weeks after I bought it. His salesmen should have went right to him with my complaint. So the only thing else I could do was tell the owner that I would let other people know what my experience was buying from his store with Google reviews and on a couple of forums, he the offered to sell me a new seat at his cost and free shipping to me, at that point I figured that was the best I could do so I took his offer.

It seemed to me the dealers where scared on replacing the seat for feared of not being paid, I'm a retired service manager at a BMW auto dealership and HD could not hold a candle to BMW's customer service!

Old 08-15-2018, 07:37 AM
Magnut1
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,682 Likes on 825 Posts

A good auto trim shop should be able to replace that one panel. Take it there, they remove it, make a pattern and boom. new better leather. I had one make a whole backrest cover for my CVO RK seat that moco doesn't sell, Looks pretty darn close to original.

Old 08-15-2018, 07:49 AM
no1martian
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

At Serdvd6

i had the same experience you had with customer service they offered to pay 50% of the cost of the seat and I asked them if the issue is caused by me riding the seat why would a new one be any better. I told them keep their seat. It is my first new HD purchase and will be my last I’ll go buy a BMW where based on experience from friends they are a professional company with very good dealers. I work at an Automotive OEM and why our dealers are not perfect once it gets to Corporate we do everything we can to resolve the issue especially when the vehicle is relatively new.

Last edited by no1martian; 08-15-2018 at 07:51 AM.
The following users liked this post:
rrlane (08-17-2018)
Old 08-22-2018, 08:39 PM
Serdvd6
Tourer
Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by no1martian
At Serdvd6

i had the same experience you had with customer service they offered to pay 50% of the cost of the seat and I asked them if the issue is caused by me riding the seat why would a new one be any better. I told them keep their seat. It is my first new HD purchase and will be my last I’ll go buy a BMW where based on experience from friends they are a professional company with very good dealers. I work at an Automotive OEM and why our dealers are not perfect once it gets to Corporate we do everything we can to resolve the issue especially when the vehicle is relatively new.
Yea, when I bought my CVO I was still working, if I would have bought a BMW, I would get it at invoice plus any incentives that where going on at the time because I was a employee at a dealership, makes wish I would have gotten the BMW

Old 08-30-2018, 05:32 AM
RSDUDA
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

both mine and my wifes stock cvo seats are in the basement with less then 500 miles her Corban had over 40,000 miles mine ha almost 30,000

Old 08-30-2018, 09:09 AM
RichM752
Road Master
Received 371 Likes on 215 Posts

I've replaced every seat on every motorcycle I've owned. I rest my case.

Old 08-31-2018, 02:57 AM
nytryder
Elite HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 176 Posts

I too like the Corbin seat. That said I'm not sure Corbin CS is any better than Harley's.

Old 09-02-2018, 06:14 PM
kojak
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,494 Likes on 1,244 Posts

Originally Posted by Serdvd6
Yea, when I bought my CVO I was still working, if I would have bought a BMW, I would get it at invoice plus any incentives that where going on at the time because I was a employee at a dealership, makes wish I would have gotten the BMW
Nothings stopping you now my man from trading it in and buying a beemer.

Quick Reply: Street Glide CVO Seat