Shovelhead A place to talk about Shovelheads.

1983 FXDG Twin Belt Wide Glide

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2021, 02:55 PM
troy montoya
Road Master

Received 626 Likes on 339 Posts

Heres a Disc Glide that is for sale from an estate auction in Ontario Ca. they are asking 16500 $ . . .

the ad said they have the original header pipes ,but missing the mufflers ,front brake line is non OEM . . .also looks like a front wheel drive speedo ? looks like they were doing some service on it . . .

white wall tire on an FXDG ?!?!? rear disk rotor is also non OEM ,16500 $ seems a little hi for this bike in its current condition . . .

The following users liked this post:
Architect (12-05-2021)
Old 12-22-2021, 07:27 AM
troy montoya
Road Master

hi everyone hope you are enjoying this Holiday season,
i am constantly looking for images of FXDG's on the internet, i really enjoy finding new ones to add to my personal library/collection, heres one i found not long ago . . . this example of an FXDG looks alright at first glance , but there are a lot of small details that are not correct on this machine . . . the front rotors stick out the most , only one throttle cable & its not routed correctly, also not sure if the tanks & fenders are re-paint or the dash, cam & kicker covers are repaint ,either way they all don't match, might be easier to tell if i had a left side view of the primary, also the cam cover is missing the chrome Acorn head screws . . .it also looks like at some point the electrics have ben worked on based on how the cables from the solenoid, starter & relay have ben arranged behind the rear exhaust & between the batterie tray . . . .also looks like a Sturgis sissy bar pad . . .& last but not least the exhaust !! (other than that she looks pretty original) . . . lol

interesting image , looks like a collection of rare or collectible Harley's . . .hmmm, . . . maybe the owner is going to restore the Disk Glide . . .

Architect (12-22-2021)
Old 12-22-2021, 07:31 AM
hellonewman
Club Member
Received 5,823 Likes on 2,493 Posts

I'll take those two fireballs, you can have the twin belt bike

Old 12-22-2021, 12:59 PM
troy montoya
Road Master

howdy y'all
heres some more photos from my last post of the FXDG from Japan . . .

looks like chrome mirrors too . . .

heres a better shot of the left rear, . . . yep license plate, Japan, its got the short Super Glide fender struts & he's also missing the fender medallion . . .

to bad this is not a better lit photo , but looks like the primary matches the cam & kicker covers . . . so could be that the tanks & fenders are repaint . . .

Last edited by troy montoya; 12-22-2021 at 01:04 PM.
Old 12-31-2021, 06:25 PM
troy montoya
Road Master

ok ya'll
heres a very special FXDG, its a 1982 Prototype made from Harley-Davidson before the regular production in 1983, if you compare this machine with the promotion photos you'll see that it has the same original Drilled Brake Rotors, and '82 Gas Tanks . . . it also has a set of original Handlebar & Sissybar Pouches, this is truly the HOLY GRAIL of FXDG Disc Glides !!! the owner say's that he has replaced the aftermarket exhaust with a set of original exhaust pipes , & removed the oil cooler, . . notice it has the late 1981-1982 oil lines from the tappet blocks to Cylinder base fittings . . .

the Grand Father of all FXDG's !! . . .

Harley-Davidson Promotional Photo, notice the '82 tanks & prototype Drilled Brake Rotors !

Architect (01-05-2022)
Old 01-05-2022, 02:50 AM
troy montoya
Road Master

heres a n FXDG that was posted on the net from the Check. Republic i tried to access the web site but the ad was deleted or no longer available, it looks pretty much original except for the chrome mirrors, the rear turn signals have bin moved rear wards for the saddle bags & i don't see the rear fender Medallion . . .

would be interesting to see the right side of this machine . . .

Old 01-23-2022, 01:25 AM
troy montoya
Road Master

here's a few other photos of the previous machine, its in Switzerland not Checkei my bad, any way looks like its all there . . . ie fender Medallion . . .

talk about a pampered bike , looks like its in his living room !! lol

man, these machines are so detailed that when when its not correct, it really sticks out, the chrome mirrors gotta go !

also a little strange ,this bike looks like it has the front wheel drive MPH/KPH speedo . . .

Architect (01-24-2022)
Old 02-05-2022, 08:57 AM
troy montoya
Road Master

heres a Disc Glide that was posted on Facebook Classic Cycles Trader back in Nov. 2021, looks pretty clean, could be a tank re-paint as it looks like the '84 gold Tank Decal . . .

this looks like a pretty clean FXDG, tank Decals look to be the '84 year version . . .

hard to tell if the rear Belt Pulley is painted the correct colour or if its black . . .

Last edited by troy montoya; 02-05-2022 at 09:50 AM.
Old 02-05-2022, 01:59 PM
john lee
Road Warrior
Received 347 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by troy montoya
heres a Disc Glide that was posted on Facebook Classic Cycles Trader back in Nov. 2021, looks pretty clean, could be a tank re-paint as it looks like the '84 gold Tank Decal . . .

this looks like a pretty clean FXDG, tank Decals look to be the '84 year version . . .

hard to tell if the rear Belt Pulley is painted the correct colour or if its black . . .
whats the speedo note ?

Old 02-05-2022, 04:29 PM
troy montoya
Road Master

could be the buyers name . . . "Robert Orank" . . . !?!?

Quick Reply: 1983 FXDG Twin Belt Wide Glide