Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Protective Boots and Floorboards

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 07:58 PM
103 sedona orange
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 190 Posts

http://www.511tactical.com/atac-storm-boot.html I've been wearing this brand for several years. They're light weight, comfortable & waterproof. 5.11 Tactile has many different boots with safety toes also. Good luck.

Old 05-26-2016, 09:10 PM
BigUglyMan
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by HKMark23
Glad to hear it bro ! I ordered a pair of Dayton 13" Engineers boots early August last year. I wanted a full leather lining, hence custom, hence the wait. ETA, early August 2016.
Are the Engineers made to order like the black Beauties? Like I said, my old pair are actually my Dad's from 1965. He wore them to ride in his younger years but two destroyed knees caught up to him and he stopped riding and they lived in the closet. I dug them out in the mid 90's and wore them pretty steadily until the mid 2000's. I wore out about 7 soles and finally the saddler that I took them to told me that they were on their last sole. I wish that I had the sense back then to go with a Vibram sole for the last go round. But I didn't. I replaced them with a new pair that I had made after a visit to Dayton's factory in East Van. But I kept wearing the old ones and for the entire first season that I rode, I wore those boots, especially after Dad passed last August. The old ones will still get out on for a ride on special occasions, but it's time for the new ones to get broken in.

Old 05-26-2016, 09:46 PM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,936 Likes on 1,112 Posts

Originally Posted by BigUglyMan
Are the Engineers made to order like the black Beauties? Like I said, my old pair are actually my Dad's from 1965. He wore them to ride in his younger years but two destroyed knees caught up to him and he stopped riding and they lived in the closet. I dug them out in the mid 90's and wore them pretty steadily until the mid 2000's. I wore out about 7 soles and finally the saddler that I took them to told me that they were on their last sole. I wish that I had the sense back then to go with a Vibram sole for the last go round. But I didn't. I replaced them with a new pair that I had made after a visit to Dayton's factory in East Van. But I kept wearing the old ones and for the entire first season that I rode, I wore those boots, especially after Dad passed last August. The old ones will still get out on for a ride on special occasions, but it's time for the new ones to get broken in.
Yep. You get the instructions for measuring your foot / calf and send Dayton the measurements.

Feature for feature Daytons are the Canadian equal of a Wesco boot. Canadian dollar pricing makes Dayton's the winner IMHO unless you're after options that only Wesco provides. The Dayton site doesn't reflect a lot of optional possibilities but they'll work with you if there's something extra or unique you want. Options do affect price and build time as they put your boots off the line.

Last edited by HKMark23; 05-26-2016 at 09:53 PM.
Old 05-27-2016, 05:53 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 71,790 Likes on 21,724 Posts

I've had several brands and the fit for me that is the best is the HD Faded Glory boots.
Amazon.com: Harley-Davidson Men's Faded Glory Boot: Harley-Davidson: Shoes Amazon.com: Harley-Davidson Men's Faded Glory Boot: Harley-Davidson: Shoes
Some say that they would rather resole their broke in boots, but I would rather have a new pair as they are not all stretched out.
Besides after 3 or more years don't you think that you would want your feet in a new boot?
Stink, sweat etc.

Last edited by lionsm13; 05-27-2016 at 05:56 AM.
Old 05-27-2016, 06:00 AM
rockhousebadboy
Tourer
Received 42 Likes on 35 Posts

Another vote for the tactical boots here. Bought a these last summer before a 2500 mile ride on the hottest week of the year and feet stayed cool and dry.

http://www.amazon.com/5-11-Tactical-Mens-Storm-Side/dp/B007EK1KPI http://www.amazon.com/5-11-Tactical-Mens-Storm-Side/dp/B007EK1KPI

Lightweight and very comfortable as well. Boots are like seats though and different brand will fit different people better or worse but I would stay in the tactical line. Uniform stores are a good place to try them on.

Old 05-27-2016, 07:19 AM
DOCGSS
Advanced
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Actual Motorcycle Boots

So many of the boots in this thread are not actually motorcycle boots which are built for protection in a crash. Having totaled a bike on am manure spreader patch at night, with my beautiful wife aboard and skidding down the asphalt for a distance, (thankfully with no real injuries) I am mindful of the importance of the protective gear we were wearing that literally saved our hides. BUT I am also searching for boots that are comfortable and wearable off the bike.

I have found two great options to consider both are CE rated. For a waterproof "old style" lace up work boots the TC X-Blend Waterproof boots is amazing, broken in when you get then with great Italian boot quality.

For summer good weather riding the ICON Tarmac @ is almost too comfortable to believe and has a laceless system that is amazing.
TCX X-BLEND

ICON TARMAC 2

Old 05-27-2016, 12:28 PM
gregski
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Danner Acadia. Have had 2 pair (1 for work, 1 for riding) for over 10 years. Super comfortable.

Old 05-27-2016, 02:03 PM
BigUglyMan
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by lionsm13
Besides after 3 or more years don't you think that you would want your feet in a new boot?
Stink, sweat etc.
Nope, not a chance. Those old Daytons of mine are as comfy as we pair of slippers. I'd have worn them until the sides blew out if it wasn't for the inability to resole them.

Old 05-27-2016, 02:26 PM
foxtrapper
HDF Community Team

Received 1,353 Likes on 887 Posts

Originally Posted by DOCGSS
For summer good weather riding the ICON Tarmac @ is almost too comfortable to believe and has a laceless system that is amazing.
TCX X-BLEND

ICON TARMAC 2
Wow, that's an interesting one!

Old 05-27-2016, 05:07 PM
7roper7
Cruiser
Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

You should buy boots that you have tried on and are comfortable, not what a stranger on the internet thinks.