Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kuryakyn passenger decks

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 04:21 PM
soulpatch
Tourer
Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Kuryakyn passenger decks

Bought a set of the mini decks (#4392) for my wife. Everything I've read says they bolt right on in place of the stock pegs. Well, that's true on the right side. Plenty of room and adjustment possible. The left side, folds right down on top of the primary housing. Obviously not a good thing. If I move it back, putting the decks on was a waste, moving it forward just amplifies the problem. Anybody else have any issues doing passenger boards? Or better yet, offer a style that will work for me?
2013 electra glide ultra classic
Really appreciate it. Was a little disappointed that every website claimed they fit this bike.

Old 12-30-2016, 04:29 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 396 Likes on 338 Posts

from the pics- it looks like they are meant for a street glide type peg mount- that'll stick out past the primary.

does that shed any light?

for my wife- we find that a foot on boards will slide out with vibrations and the position of the leg.
She finds that SG pegs work better as she hooks her heels on them and her feet stay in place better.

they are also better for me when backing up

SG pegs and mounts etc show up on the classifieds all the time

mike

Last edited by mkguitar; 12-30-2016 at 04:33 PM.
Old 12-30-2016, 04:38 PM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 25,623 Likes on 12,011 Posts

I have them on our SGS. BUT - I used these -
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They're described as being used to raise the pegs for shorter legs, but they also work for longer legs, which is how I have them. They lower the boards and put them wider apart. Cheryl likes them.

The down side is some calf bang if you have shorter legs. I have really long legs so it's not an issue for me.

They also look a little funky.

Old 12-30-2016, 05:32 PM
soulpatch
Tourer

That's what I'm trying to avoid as well. Banging my calf when backing up, but at the same time was trying to help the wife out comfort wise over long trips. Figured I would either have to get different posts to mount them, or just stick with the stock.

Old 12-30-2016, 05:39 PM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 25,623 Likes on 12,011 Posts

Yeah....those won't help calf bang at all. They don't fold up the way regular HD passenger footboards do - they stick out at an angle.

What I don't get is - you should already have passenger boards - not pegs - on your Ultra. No?

Old 12-30-2016, 05:53 PM
soulpatch
Tourer

they aren't really decks. 4" wide by 2 length. I believe the year after is when they started putting on more of a deck for the passenger. but ya, it's a catch 22. if I put decks on, more than likely bit my calfs all the time. but think the next ride, just going to see how she feels and go from there. maybe save the money for something else.

Old 12-30-2016, 07:12 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 396 Likes on 338 Posts

the pass floor board has been of substantial size since the evo era...the 2016 uses the 1991 passenger footboard part number

You may be dealing with a previous owner or dealer added modification.

post a pic

here's a pic of my '95 with boards

as a matter of fact when i bought my 09, I swapped over the chrome covers for the FB's from the 95...this pic was taken after the swap when it was time to sell the '95.
see those little grills on the side covers? they were nice to keep her boots from messing up the paint- the bike looks in good shape for 15 years old and 85,000 miles

Mike

Last edited by mkguitar; 12-30-2016 at 09:11 PM.
Old 12-31-2016, 05:01 AM
soulpatch
Tourer

Hmmmm, I thought that from 2009-2014 they didn't have the full decks, but maybe I'm thinking of another bike. I bought this one used, so it's quite possible the previous owner swapped them out to what I have. The ones that are on there, about 4" wide and 2.5 inches in length. So maybe off a road king? So likely i'll have to find some stock decks for it then.
Okay, so what i've seen, there are two types of mounting posts. One has a stud (guide pin) and a single bolt, the other requires two bolts. I checked, mine has the two bolts. So I'll have to look around at stock mounts to see what's out there.

Last edited by soulpatch; 12-31-2016 at 06:27 AM.
Old 12-31-2016, 07:00 AM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member
Received 821 Likes on 528 Posts

Hey Soul,

I have had these since my bike was brand new in 2009.

I'm not a big fan of Kuryakyn stuff, but these have served the purpose and were pretty inexpensive.

The main reason I got these were that they were small enough and they didn't hit my legs when backing up my Rig. They fold up nicely and out of the way.

Bonus: stock passanger pegs became my Highway pegs.

Happy New Year!

YB

Old 12-31-2016, 07:55 AM
soulpatch
Tourer

Your passenger boards are what I have now for highway pegs lol Ya, going to figure it out and see what will be a good option. I want her to be comfortable for overnighters, but at the same time, sucks backing up and smacking your legs all the time.

Quick Reply: Kuryakyn passenger decks