Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RG or SG - Forward Controls? Whats available?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 09:57 AM
2WHEELFREAK
Road Master
Received 73 Likes on 63 Posts
Arrow RG or SG - Forward Controls? Whats available?

Gents,

Figured I'd post this question. I thought I subscribed to a thread with someone else asking the same question, but I cannot find it. I know there are PROs/CONs, but I am seriously considering making the switch.

I am looking at options to get rid of my footboards on my '16 RG. Are any of you guys out there running any forward controls on your RGs or SGs? If so, can you post pics of your setup and also where did you order yours? If there are companies that make the controls for our bikes, which ones are really high quality? Websites? Prices for setup? Thanks in advance.

Old 06-22-2017, 11:01 AM
INJEKTER
Road Warrior
Received 204 Likes on 157 Posts

there are Acutronics and jay brake.. im running the jay brake......easy do it yourself install.... i hate floor boards so this was a no brainer for me....way more comfortable... i dont run hiway pegs as i find plenty of foot positions the way it is....

Old 06-22-2017, 12:32 PM
azgrumbles
Road Captain

Received 281 Likes on 140 Posts

Wow. I like that!

Old 06-22-2017, 04:47 PM
2WHEELFREAK
Road Master

WOW! INJEKTER, the FCs look kikker and your bike is baddass!

How tall are you? Are your legs fully extended with the FCs?

You bike would look totally baddass if you could get some Switchback wheels!

Thanks for sharing. I guess this isn't a popular change for touring bikes. Cost I suppose or just guys like have the footboards.

Old 06-22-2017, 05:15 PM
INJEKTER
Road Warrior
Received 204 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by 2WHEELFREAK
WOW! INJEKTER, the FCs look kikker and your bike is baddass!

How tall are you? Are your legs fully extended with the FCs?

You bike would look totally baddass if you could get some Switchback wheels!

Thanks for sharing. I guess this isn't a popular change for touring bikes. Cost I suppose or just guys like have the footboards.
thanks... 5' 9" the jay brakes are adjustable... they can rotate to closer or farther positions then locked down. legs can be fully extended by resting foot on top of peg...they are really comfortable..... anytime i see someone riding straight up with floorboards the theme song from chips plays in my head.....the forwards were the first thing a did after pipes....they are a must

Old 06-22-2017, 08:04 PM
not a sock
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 984 Likes on 551 Posts

I have Accutronix on my '15 FLHTCU;
and Jaybrake on my '16 FLHXS;

Old 06-22-2017, 08:15 PM
not a sock
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 984 Likes on 551 Posts

oops, I forgot to tell where I purchased the Forwards;

The Accutronix were from Kutter Harley, cheapest price I could find with free shipping. They were only $700.00

The Jaybrake came from www.2wheel.com
At the time I bought from 2wheel, these were $881.00

If I trade for a new bike, I'll sell the Accutronix and buy the Jaybrake. They are more comfortable than the Accutronix.

The best thing about the Forwards are; they get your legs down on the seat where they are 'flat' so your butt bones aren't supporting all of your weight and giving you 'monkey butt'. My legs are long and the floorboards put my knees in my face. Not so, now with the Forwards.

The following users liked this post:
INJEKTER (06-23-2017)
Old 06-22-2017, 10:43 PM
2WHEELFREAK
Road Master

Originally Posted by INJEKTER
thanks... 5' 9" the jay brakes are adjustable... they can rotate to closer or farther positions then locked down. legs can be fully extended by resting foot on top of peg...they are really comfortable..... anytime i see someone riding straight up with floorboards the theme song from chips plays in my head.....the forwards were the first thing a did after pipes....they are a must
LOL! I about pissed myself laughing so hard regarding the "Chips" comment! I've thought the same when I'm riding as well. I tossed the highway bar a long time ago, and what the footboards gone as well.

Well, next upgrade will be the FCs! Just have to decide which set. Thanks for posting the info and sharing pics.

The following users liked this post:
INJEKTER (06-23-2017)
Old 06-22-2017, 10:49 PM
2WHEELFREAK
Road Master

Originally Posted by not a sock
oops, I forgot to tell where I purchased the Forwards;

The Accutronix were from Kutter Harley, cheapest price I could find with free shipping. They were only $700.00

The Jaybrake came from www.2wheel.com
At the time I bought from 2wheel, these were $881.00

If I trade for a new bike, I'll sell the Accutronix and buy the Jaybrake. They are more comfortable than the Accutronix.

The best thing about the Forwards are; they get your legs down on the seat where they are 'flat' so your butt bones aren't supporting all of your weight and giving you 'monkey butt'. My legs are long and the floorboards put my knees in my face. Not so, now with the Forwards.
not a sock/INJEKTER,

Thanks for posting the pics and info! Bikes look great! Its even better to read your perspective on having used both designs. I was leaning toward the Accutronix, but after reading what INJEKTER stated about the Jay Brake models being adjustable, I'll probably lean towards Jay Brake.

After seeing your pics and INJEKTERs pics, it appears the Accutronix peg is positioned a little higher on the mount. True? The diameter of the Accutronix peg is smaller than the Jay Brake peg.....wonder if that is the reason for the Jay Brake setup being more comfortable (peg size and being able to adjust length/foot position).

Last edited by 2WHEELFREAK; 06-22-2017 at 10:58 PM.
Old 06-23-2017, 08:20 AM
SavageChopper
Tourer
Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

I have Jaybrake's on my SG. It was one of the first mods I did as I can't stand floorboards. They are adjustable and I can ride all day without issue.

Quick Reply: RG or SG - Forward Controls? Whats available?