Notices
2018+ Softail Models Breakout

RGS to Heritage Classic

Old 06-19-2019, 10:54 AM
Thingfish
Elite HDF Member
Received 516 Likes on 406 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin Gallardo View Post
we have a couple Heritage's. '17 and '18., I kinda wish there was an in between the full touring bike and the softail. I suppose I can just load up on aftermarket goodies.
The Road King is as close as you’ll get. It’s basically a Heritage on steroids, but on a full touring platform. You don’t get all the bells and whistles of the Glides, but you get all the road manners and stability at speed. You can add fairings and gadgets to taste.

Old 06-20-2019, 09:26 PM
Marks57
Senior Rider
Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by leftyjm View Post
I really like my RGS but donít really ride it for what itís made for. I do like the nimbleness of it even if it is a bigger bagger but just donít ride it for what itís made for......Touring. Therefore Iím thinking of going with a new Heritage with the 107, donít need the bigger engine.
Has anybody else done this? Looking for opinions and advice.
Thanks
In February I traded my 18 RG for a 19 Heritage. I love the Heritage. Much more fun to ride.

Old 06-22-2019, 08:09 AM
sectime
Club Member
Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

If you donít tour or ride in cold wet weather much then a Heritage makes sense. I kept my Ultra Limited because it extends riding season where I live. I ride my heritage far more and dislike the weight of the Ultra every time I ride in the city. Heritage is as much fun as my Buells were in the mountains. Rear tire wearing edge to edge. Going to trade the Ultra for a RGS next month miss having one.

Last edited by sectime; 06-22-2019 at 08:15 AM.
Old 06-23-2019, 06:22 AM
CGURRO
Senior Rider
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by leftyjm View Post
I really like my RGS but don’t really ride it for what it’s made for. I do like the nimbleness of it even if it is a bigger bagger but just don’t ride it for what it’s made for......Touring. Therefore I’m thinking of going with a new Heritage with the 107, don’t need the bigger engine.
Has anybody else done this? Looking for opinions and advice.
Thanks
I did exactly what you're thinking of doing. Traded my RGS in on a Heritage 114. I miss the luxuries of the tunes and navigation on the bagger. However, the fun factor trumps all. I have a RAM cell phone mount to take care of the NAV. Haven't done a long mile trip on it yet.
Overall I'm impressed with the comfort and ride of the new Softail

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: