Notices
"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Sleepy Hollow Bar and Restaurant, Floral City

Old 01-15-2019, 08:57 AM
Prime Rib
Elite HDF Member
Received 192 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Nomadmax View Post
Or the owner fell on hard financial times and saw an opportunity to recoup his losses?
The rumor is that the owners didn't have any insurance on the place. Again, that's the "rumor".

The following users liked this post:
Nomadmax (01-15-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 09:33 AM
Prof Rene
Road Master
Received 422 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by Nomadmax View Post
Or the owner fell on hard financial times and saw an opportunity to recoup his losses?
They did not have insurance on the building so it is a loss for them and will have to pay out of pocket for the rebuild.

Nomadmax (01-15-2019)
Old 01-16-2019, 07:12 AM
Raider Bill
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 287 Likes on 169 Posts

I bet it would be pretty hard to get insurance on that building here in the land of last resort insurance.

Old 01-16-2019, 07:38 AM
Tonebender
Club Member
Received 712 Likes on 351 Posts

Been there many times. I doubt they will rebuild. I've always heard that place has been a bone of contention for the local residents and further the County officials. I am sure they will make it very difficult/costly for it to return. It was in the rotation of places to visit on Sunday afternoon and a good ride destination but I could take or leave the place itself. The food was "meh". I once ordered chicken wings and got a basket of 10 Buffalo chicken legs.

The most recent owner did tell me when it was revamped that he had spent quite the wad on renovations. He quoted a number that was not apparent to the naked eye but maybe a lot of it was kitchen gear. The stage did a 180 turn and saw improvements which was the most apparent change. It's a shame to see any biker friendly facility go away.

Hey Man (01-16-2019)

Search this Thread
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: