Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Corbin Solo

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2017, 09:48 AM
Ashnic
Road Warrior
Received 270 Likes on 107 Posts
Default My Corbin Solo

I have a heated Corbin Solo, backrest and rear pillion. Love the looks of the seat and really comfortable other then my lower back. The heat part..say what ever you want..feels great on cold mornings. But my lower back is really starting to get to me a bit. I can plant my feet flat but not up against the backrest or rear of the driver seat. I am wondering if I should have went with a Mustang close solo..I am 5'8" with 30" inseam. Now the last thing I want is to be crowded up on the tank but I am planning some longer trips this summer and want to make sure my back doesn't start aching in the middle of our trips. I was thinking of taking the seat and having modified but I hate to have such a nice/expensive seat modified. Any thoughts? I also prefer a solo mainly because I ride by myself most of the time with the wife taking a ride a couple times a month..

Old 04-14-2017, 10:03 AM
INJEKTER
Road Warrior
Received 204 Likes on 157 Posts

IVE THE SAME SEAT...love it...not sure the back rest should touch when not riding...it is adjustable ...i assume you moved it forward...i had corbin do what they call a nose job on mine helps from spreading your thighs out.....im thinking you might need different bars .. little more pull back...i can lean back into my rest without stretching forward for the bars

Old 04-14-2017, 11:27 AM
Inop
Stellar HDF Member

Received 682 Likes on 292 Posts

Looks good, I am a big fan of the solo seat. I have a le pera on order.

Last edited by Inop; 04-14-2017 at 11:33 AM.
Old 04-14-2017, 08:18 PM
Ashnic
Road Warrior

Well I took my back rest to my local leather seating shop and they are going to try and do a little work to it to help with my lower back..we will see...If not I guess I will be getting a mustang or trading the Corbin for one!

Old 04-17-2017, 04:44 PM
wskadavis
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Corbin adjustments can be difficult as the instructions are clear as mud. Loosen the nut and take both hands and move the back rest to the position you think you want it, then sit in it and see what you think. The back rest can be difficult to move, but you won't break it, just add a little muscle.

Old 04-17-2017, 05:51 PM
Ashnic
Road Warrior

I believe I know how to adjust it..but as far as moving the bar forward, it will move forward but no way to secure it. The bolt at the bottom only goes in 1 location so the bar can only be in 1 spot.

Old 04-17-2017, 06:12 PM
rjjj629
Road Warrior
Received 343 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by Ashnic
I believe I know how to adjust it..but as far as moving the bar forward, it will move forward but no way to secure it. The bolt at the bottom only goes in 1 location so the bar can only be in 1 spot.
On mine, there's an allen screw in the slot of the back rest, and another screw in the base of the seat (only visible with the seat off the bike). The allen screw in the slot sets the fore-aft adjustment. It seems to act like a stop. No matter where it is set I can always move the seat back forward - all the way until it almost folds down onto the seat.

I adjust the seat forward to where I want it and then screw the allen screw in to hold it there. If I back the allen screw out, then I can push the seat back backwards.

Old 04-24-2017, 10:06 AM
INJEKTER
Road Warrior
Received 204 Likes on 157 Posts

its possible to heat and bend the mounting post for more adjustments

Old 04-24-2017, 10:14 AM
Ashnic
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by INJEKTER
its possible to heat and bend the mounting post for more adjustments
Have you done this?

Old 04-24-2017, 11:21 AM
tpcowfish
Road Warrior
Received 192 Likes on 169 Posts

Did you buy it new from Corbin ?, I think they allow one adjustment, you ship, I would call them and see what they can help you with first. As far as backrest, i can never seem to get any brand set the way i like,, Or maybe i just don't like em, tried 3 different types, seem ok at first then bug me, good luck

Quick Reply: My Corbin Solo