Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What have you hit (or what has hit you) while riding?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 07:34 AM
HD32141
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What have you hit (or what has hit you) while riding?

So I'm cruising along a local 2 lane country road about 55, cruise on and my feet up on the highway pegs. Out of the trees on my right I see a huge buzzard drop straight for the ground. At the last second he makes a hard 90 and ends up square in the middle of my fairing. All I can do is put my head down and grip the bars tight.

Kills the bird. I stay upright. I have to stop to clean the poop off the fairing. I've got spider cracking around one of the windshield bolts. I feel lucky it didn't turn out worse.

Old 02-18-2019, 07:40 AM
CSMHOG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 281 Likes on 177 Posts

I hit a goose once, feathers everywhere!! Not fun. I've lost count of all the small birds I've hit over the years, probably 10 or so. I had a deer jump right over me once, that got my heart pounding. Had to make a hasty stop for chicken coop that fell off someone's trailer, the chicken coop was about 10' x 10' x 8' and made almost of nothing but wire and a few 2"x2" for support. What caught my eye was a chicken that appeared to be "perched" in the middle of the air as I approached it. New something wasn't right so I hit the brakes!! I've hit numerous other things but all unidentified.

Old 02-18-2019, 07:44 AM
Ezridr60
Tourer

Received 122 Likes on 47 Posts

Wild turkey. About 70mph. Saw the flock too late, crossing the road. Just as I got even with them the lead bird took flight, hit the front fork right at the fork brace. Had he hit the laced wheel, who knows what woulda happened, or hit me. Only damage was a bent turn signal stalk.

Old 02-18-2019, 08:19 AM
RK_Classic
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,581 Likes on 2,515 Posts

Squirrel starring right at me, snake stretchered across the road, dirt clod off a dump truck hit me square in the knee, That one hurt bad. almost hit a skunk one morning.

rk classic.

Old 02-18-2019, 08:28 AM
Tarkus60
Road Warrior

Received 303 Likes on 218 Posts

A small deer ran out of the woods into the side of my bike, KZ1000 back in the day. Pushed my knee into the gas tank.

Old 02-18-2019, 08:28 AM
Mallard Slayer
Road Warrior
Received 4,157 Likes on 1,125 Posts

the last thing I hit wasn't very big but was very painful!! last summer I had a yellow jacket go between my helmet and face and end up inside my ear canal as I was grabbing gears and ton of brake pressure to get stopped I could feel it crawling in deeper and deeper!! finally got my helmet off but couldn't get it out!! it was kind of like defusing a bomb one wrong move and wamo!! messed around several minutes trying to get it out!! yep it stung me inside my ear and man was that mother sore!! my entire ear turned bright red and swelled up almost instantly!! hope that never happens again!!

Old 02-18-2019, 08:29 AM
Sandcrab
Stellar HDF Member
Received 381 Likes on 226 Posts

One undecisive squirrel who went left, then right which was his swan song maneuver.

Old 02-18-2019, 08:32 AM
Harfar
Road Captain
Received 488 Likes on 226 Posts

I hit a coyote once, damn thing ran right into me at the foot peg. Put me into a serious speed wobble, but I kept the rubber side up. coyote would have probably made it , except for getting hit by pick up in next lane when it was dancing stunned in middle of the bend in road.

Old 02-18-2019, 08:34 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,622 Posts

Had a bee enter my FF helmet from underneath (somehow)...got nasty stinger on chin. >.<

Old 02-18-2019, 08:34 AM
JCryder
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Deer. Riding at 100 kph the deer ran straight into me. Its head hit the right driving light and its haunch flipped around and crushed my wife's right knee. Was able to keep the bike up so no damage there other than the driving light and turn signal and some minor damage to the right saddlebag. My wife was operated on by the surgeon who worked on Eric Lindros' knee. Two bolts pulled all the pieces together and she is fully recovered. Got lucky.

Quick Reply: What have you hit (or what has hit you) while riding?