Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Photos anyone!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 06:54 PM
fatboy1729
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Talking Photos anyone!!!

Hope you all don't mind if I start off with a story first. Well, I have been on this forum for approx. 8 years now. Most of my posts never had photos of my ride. I always wanted to share photos when the time was right. I have made some good friends along the way through this forum. A great percentage of mods that I did to my ride came from this forum in which inspired me to attempt to do to my bike. If I didn't have a clue on what to do, by asking the forum, made it that much easier with all the ideas and advice. I have an 06 Fatboy that I bought brand new. It took me nine years to get it the way it looks today. Every winter the bike was stripped down for mods. Probably most do the same. Last winter the motor was out for the 98" upgrade and also replaced the tins after paint. The tins were a gift from my children for x-mas last year and I had them painted. My son designed the seat. My wife gave me the chrome wheels, rotors and pulley 2 years ago for x-mas. There are just too many mods to list and probably more to come. 95% of all the chrome on the bike are not covers. I replaced those parts with chrome parts. But there are a couple. The ones that are were a p.i.a. to replace. I just want to say thanks to all who replied to all my posts/threads over the years. I don't have comparison pic's but many should know what a stock Fatboy looks like. Having said that, it is time to see what she looks like today...Enjoy...Ray...P.S. I should of had her slammed when taking the pic's since I have the Shotgun Shock. LOL...

Last edited by fatboy1729; 11-07-2014 at 09:10 AM.
Old 11-06-2014, 07:09 PM
kneesinthebreeze
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Nice. The paint on the tank looks 3D. I like the colors. What is the significance of the rear fender graphic? Nice seat design.

Old 11-06-2014, 08:04 PM
Jd Swiper
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking good bro!!

Old 11-06-2014, 08:12 PM
Berick
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Sweet ride man! I notice you have an extra gauge on your bars.... is that a tach? Also, The chrome tube you have on the front of the frame... is that for tools and if so, do they make a bit of rattling when the ****s running?

Old 11-06-2014, 08:12 PM
Tailsfrommycrib
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Dude, super sweet ride. Thanks for sharing

Old 11-06-2014, 08:14 PM
fatboy1729
Road Captain
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by kneesinthebreeze
Nice. The paint on the tank looks 3D. I like the colors. What is the significance of the rear fender graphic? Nice seat design.
Thanks brother. The tins themselves are a 3d embossed flame. They were actually stamped in the design of each of the tins. The paint started off Kandy Tangerine but I really was up in the air about it. Too light. I asked the painter if he could go darker and this color was formed. He is calling it a Deep Dark Tangerine. If the sunlight or any type of light hits it, you could see the Kandy Flakes and it really gets nice and light. My son is a designer. He designed both the seat stitching pattern and rear fender design. If you look at it for a while you can see that the seat reads HARLEY from the back of the seat to the front. And the paint design reads FATBOY. Some fancy lettering but I love it. Thanks for your compliment and your reply...Ray...

Originally Posted by Jd Swiper
Looking good bro!!
Thanks bro...

Originally Posted by Berick
Sweet ride man! I notice you have an extra gauge on your bars.... is that a tach? Also, The chrome tube you have on the front of the frame... is that for tools and if so, do they make a bit of rattling when the ****s running?
Thanks for the compliments. That is a tach on the bars. Mini tach and housing from Barons Custom Acc. The tube I use it for is for the registration and a few small tools. H.D. makes it and I think it is a little pricey. Got that one on ebay for a steal. No rattling that I can here. Thanks again...Ray...

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 11-07-2014 at 11:24 AM.
Old 11-06-2014, 08:20 PM
amkaos
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Really really nice..You ever consider brown leather seats to match?

Old 11-06-2014, 08:21 PM
fatboy1729
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Tailsfrommycrib
Dude, super sweet ride. Thanks for sharing
Thanks for the comp's...Ray...

Originally Posted by amkaos
Really really nice..You ever consider brown leather seats to match?
never thought about it but hell, it would look good...Thanks...Ray

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 11-07-2014 at 11:25 AM.
Old 11-06-2014, 08:24 PM
mikeman54
Supporter
Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

That's a show stopper. Gets my vote.

Old 11-06-2014, 08:27 PM
schlacker
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Very sweet - nothing but love & respect for the fatty.

Quick Reply: Photos anyone!!!