Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To Sell or Not to sell. Thats the question

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 01:16 PM
rchop
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default To Sell or Not to sell. Thats the question

I have a 93 Softail that I have it the way I have always pictured it.. Now since I got the Street Glide I don't seem to ride it that much. may be three times from August till Jan. I have mixed feelings on this subject, Lots of good times with the bike and very few bad times. So my question is, what would you do?

Old 01-22-2015, 01:34 PM
Carolina Joe
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It boils down to this for me: If I didn't need the bucks the Softail represents, I would keep it ! It sounds to me like that isn't the case here. To many of us, you are in an enviable position. Make yourself ride it a little more. Seems like the only way I could come to a conclusion would be by riding it.

Old 01-22-2015, 01:34 PM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 282 Likes on 187 Posts

Well what I did was keep both bikes. I love riding my SG, but sometimes I need something that is a little easier for running around town making several stops. The SG starts to get a little heavy for that kind of riding and my Evo softail is just easier. I don't have to worry where I park the Evo because I can push it up an incline if I have to, while the SG ain't going up any incline under human power. I jump on the SG for rides longer than 25 miles or in heavy Oklahoma winds.

I consider myself fortunate to have two bikes in the garage.

Beary

Old 01-22-2015, 01:36 PM
Greatscott
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I am one of those guys that if I'm not using it I sell it. In my opinion, once you quit enjoying the bike you are just throwing money down a black hole for things like registration and insurance. But I understand that some people get all sentimental....for me, once I notice money going down the drain with nothing in return all that **** goes out the window.

Last edited by Greatscott; 01-22-2015 at 02:15 PM.
Old 01-22-2015, 01:46 PM
dfwhockey17
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 283 Likes on 250 Posts

If you don't need the money, keep it. I understand it doesn't get ridden much, but if you make it a point to ride it more you will probably enjoy it more. Since you have it set up the way you have always wanted it I would guess it is more valuable to you than what you can get out of it selling it. Having a second bike is also nice when you have friends or family visit so you can ride with said friends and family...Keep creating those good memories with her!

Old 01-22-2015, 02:12 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 816 Likes on 802 Posts

Same here with my 07 Heritage... I have way too much in her to give it away and I love the ride and look I've got, but I am starting to look and think about another ride. But being 65 I truly thing this one would last me..
But, with 50K + miles I know many would shy away and a dealer would LOW ball me, Still I know hows she been ridden and taken care of since day 1... I would ride her to Cali and back today and not worry one bit.. Well, she would need a new rear tire to do that..

So I am saying eff-in I get another bike,, I don't think I'd ever part with the one I have now..

Old 01-22-2015, 02:23 PM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I take a different stance than greatscott. after riding for years, I sold my last bike prematurely. I missed having that Harley in the garage, so I bought this Fat Boy, mostly to say I have one. I may only ride 500 miles a year. BUT, it's in the garage if and when I want to ride. to me, it's not a dark hole. thankfully, my pension allows me to spend a little money on it without missing any.

Old 01-22-2015, 03:37 PM
Old Sorrel
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would absolutely sell the Street Glide.

Old 01-22-2015, 04:15 PM
2002flstc
Road Warrior
Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Old Sorrel
I would absolutely sell the Street Glide.

If you have to sell one let it be the glide...

That being said, it is always nice to have a spare. What would you ride if the SG should get a flat?

Old 01-22-2015, 07:02 PM
09heritagerider
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like it's perfectly set up for you...since it's a '93, you're probably not going to get much $$$ for it anyway, so I say keep it. It will give you an option if the SG goes down for upgrades, repairs, etc.

Quick Reply: To Sell or Not to sell. Thats the question