Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Night Train springer bobber styled

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 07:31 PM
SKT
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Ink83

Always loved these crazy tank paint jobs, maybe be something I will do later down the track. Right now I'm just going to stick with a rough all business look

X2 Ink - here's another vote for a loud, wild, custom and quality paint job for the bike when it's completed.

Pete "Hot Dog" Finlan (former painter for WCC) lays down some ridiculously awesome paint. Boosted Brad has also turned out some killer paint jobs too.

Here are a few pics for motivation:

Old 02-13-2015, 03:27 AM
Bighec
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by klf33

Bike is a beaut, tank is badass. Bike just needs one thing... A springer front...

Old 02-13-2015, 04:33 AM
Ink83
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts

SKT that ***** delicious!

Originally Posted by Bighec
Bike is a beaut, tank is badass. Bike just needs one thing... A springer front...
That'd do it for me too

Old 02-13-2015, 08:03 AM
Bighec
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

...and yes colorful looking tins are cool, but black is way cooler!

Old 02-13-2015, 09:02 AM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

****! That green train is wild !!! That clean neck does a hell of a lot for the looks too. Looks like he welded a small gusset in there to keep the strength up to par.

I know one of the rocker guys cleaned up his neck like that and didn't weld anything back into it, just left it clean. I think it was Micahop if you wanna reach out to him ink and see what he thought about it. That's if you're planning on going that route.

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm glued to this thread man. Keep that progress going ink.

Old 02-13-2015, 09:45 AM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 430 Likes on 379 Posts

I try to imagine my self on one these ultra cool works of art. And even though passer by's be goin "wow" and whoa"? I'd just be thinkin, "WTF"?
These are great show bikes for sure! Can't really say more than that.
Just gimme a totally ratted rigid or soft tail with combinations of blk pwdr, brushed alluminium and a bit of brass accents here and there and I'm stylin.

Now ask me if I would love to own customs such as those? And I can only answer, sure!
Maybe sumpn like this...

Old 02-13-2015, 12:06 PM
digthemlows
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 for color!!

And it's a springer :-)

and your build is awesome Ink!!!

Old 02-13-2015, 01:44 PM
Ink83
Road Warrior

Thanks fellas!

I'm digging all these bikes and ideas you guys are throwing up.

I think I have just about everything on the way. I'm still looking for mirrors (I'd rather none), headlight bracket to sit the light right, possible new headlight if the daymaker I have is too big.

Old 02-16-2015, 07:41 PM
stal94gt
Road Master
Received 95 Likes on 88 Posts

hey inked i was wondering what you are doing with your seat pan. it is tight getting the computer under there and maintaining the low profile look. i was considering buying a smaller battery for mine and making another seat pan.

Old 02-17-2015, 07:20 AM
Ink83
Road Warrior

I was going to try a smaller battery too, and depending on room, either try cram it down beside the smaller battery or behind the splash guard. I got 2" springs that have been resets lower.
Would like to hard mount it, but it looks like it'll interfere to much with the rocker two up seat I got for it. I may reset the springs again even lower until it's close to being as low as a hard mount. The seat is probably one of the last things I'll look at once everything is coming together.

I know what you guys are thinking about the two up rocker seat. Yes ugly as ****, but I ride solo 90% of the time, but I want the option of still being able to take the misses places on it. I ride every day I can, cutting the two seat option off completely would mean I'd have to take the car whenever we do **** together and that sucks *****. I want swing arm fender mount, but I need two up option open, so this was the option I took

Quick Reply: Night Train springer bobber styled