Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to hide signal stabilizer and Run/Brake/Turn modules?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 06:01 PM
dandrumheller
Road Master
Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts
Default Where to hide signal stabilizer and Run/Brake/Turn modules?

Hey folks...

Just picked up Bullet Ringz front and rear, and Custom Dynamics slim load stabilizer and Smart Triple Play Run/brake/turn module to run them. Got the lights installed, and hooked up the load stabilizer and triple play units. All are working great, but I can't seem to find a reasonable place to stash the two modules that will keep them out of sight and not interfere with the seat.

Anyone have any tips on where (and how if it's not obvious) to stash these modules? My under-seat setup is stock, and I'm running a stock seat ('08 Deluxe).

Pics would be great as well!

Thanks!

Dan

Old 03-01-2015, 06:42 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,788 Likes on 9,863 Posts

Tucked mine around the battery area. Close quarters in there. Maybe when it warms up a little I'll see if there is room to locate them in the electrical box area behind the battery box.

Old 03-01-2015, 07:06 PM
Pete3323
Road Master
Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

Just did the run,signal, brake mod on my Heritage. Module fit under seat towards back of the battery.

Old 03-01-2015, 08:26 PM
Echo6 Sierra
Road Captain
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Its pretty tight under my seat with the Heartland kit; I had to move the ECU behind the rock guard and mounted my RTB module and load equalizer where the ECU was. I used Velcro to mount it; been there for a year and no issues.

Old 03-02-2015, 11:54 AM
dandrumheller
Road Master

Originally Posted by Pete3323
Just did the run,signal, brake mod on my Heritage. Module fit under seat towards back of the battery.
Not positive if the Heritage is just like the Deluxe under the seat - are you talking the space between the top rear edge of the battery and the ECM? That does seem to be the biggest open space under the seat...

Originally Posted by Echo6 Sierra
Its pretty tight under my seat with the Heartland kit; I had to move the ECU behind the rock guard and mounted my RTB module and load equalizer where the ECU was. I used Velcro to mount it; been there for a year and no issues.
So you moved the ECU to between the rock guard and the rear of the frame? Hmmm...might have to look into that option...

Old 03-02-2015, 12:23 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 816 Likes on 802 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete3323
Ditto here.. been there for 8yrs.. mine lays flat across the back, top part of the battery.. Heritage..

Old 03-02-2015, 12:43 PM
Echo6 Sierra
Road Captain
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by dandrumheller

So you moved the ECU to between the rock guard and the rear of the frame? Hmmm...might have to look into that option...

Yeah, it wasn't that bad. The hardest part was getting the wiring harness connector snaked behind there. If you go this route do yourself a favor and pull the rear wheel.

If you have any questions PM me and I can text you some pics.

Old 03-02-2015, 12:44 PM
Speedfreaktv
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I mounted mine behind the rear splash shield. Zip tied it in there works like a dream!

Old 03-07-2015, 06:37 AM
dandrumheller
Road Master

Well, finally had a chance to get back to trying to fit the modules in.

I pulled the battery, and there's a relatively large space at the bottom rear of the battery box, below the wiring harness that feeds the fuse box.

There was 'almost' enough room there to fit both modules - but because of the size and bulk of the wiring bundles from the Run/Brake/Turn module, and the sharp bends necessary, I was afraid of gettting wires pinched and broken.

I ended up padding up the load equalizer with some foam weatherstripping tape to cushion it a little and keep it firmly in place, put that in the space behind the battery by itself, and put the battery back in.

I 'think' the R/B/T module might work right up at the front of the battery - had the bike up on the lift doing some other stuff so had a strap over the frame and couldn't try the seat yet with this setup.

Also, was looking around behind the splash shield - there appears to be a bump stop on the rear of the frame for the top of the swingarm to 'run into' at full compression of the rear suspension. It didn't look to me like there was much room left between the swing arm and the of the frame at full suspension travel, up high where I'd need to mount the module for the wires to reach. How did you guys who mounted stuff between the frame and splash guard ensure clearance there for suspension travel?

Last edited by dandrumheller; 03-07-2015 at 06:43 AM.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:54 PM
Pete3323
Road Master
Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

[QUOTE=dandrumheller;13762889]Not positive if the Heritage is just like the Deluxe under the seat - are you talking the space between the top rear edge of the battery and the ECM? That does seem to be the biggest open space under the seat...

Yes. Haven't had any probs with it.

Quick Reply: Where to hide signal stabilizer and Run/Brake/Turn modules?