Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slim S

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2015, 11:13 AM
Kojax
Grand HDF Member
Received 139 Likes on 94 Posts
Thumbs up

i have the 2 inch baffel sound good sure sets off car alarms i love it

Old 09-13-2015, 04:40 PM
dansax
Elite HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by SLV
I haven't received them yet, but I ordered the 2.25". Listen to their YouTube channel. The 1.75" have a slight metallic sound, the 2" sound a little better, and the 2.25" sound just right.

I don't know why they would. The stock pipes are 2-2. If anything, the grenades should wake up a bit more torque and power throughout the rev range.
The 1.75 are the best ones to get. I have them and there's no metallic sound. You lose too much back pressure with the 2.25. Plenty of threads on this.

Old 09-13-2015, 05:59 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Slim S

Originally Posted by dansax
The 1.75 are the best ones to get. I have them and there's no metallic sound. You lose too much back pressure with the 2.25. Plenty of threads on this.
Thanks. They're already in transit with 2.25", but I'll keep that in mind in case it's too loud or doesn't tune well.

Old 09-13-2015, 08:48 PM
Yankee in Texas
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great looking bike! New slip ons should give it some bark..

Old 09-13-2015, 11:15 PM
misterslim
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Well, as I said, I was curious as to what everyone else had.

As my sig states, I am running 2" baffles in mine. They have a deep throaty sound and are plenty loud enough for me. From what I have read, as the packing burns out, they get louder. But I had Rush slip ons with 2" baffles on my old XL1200 for over 5,000 miles and the sound never changed, so who knows??

The Slim had quite a bit of decel popping with the slip ons and Screamin Eagle air cleaner modification that my PowerVision Auto Tune couldn't cure, but Jamie at Fuel Moto came through with a modification to my Auto Tune map that works fine. Bike runs great and averages 43/44 mpg.

Old 09-14-2015, 06:14 AM
SLV
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by misterslim
Well, as I said, I was curious as to what everyone else had.

As my sig states, I am running 2" baffles in mine. They have a deep throaty sound and are plenty loud enough for me. From what I have read, as the packing burns out, they get louder. But I had Rush slip ons with 2" baffles on my old XL1200 for over 5,000 miles and the sound never changed, so who knows??

The Slim had quite a bit of decel popping with the slip ons and Screamin Eagle air cleaner modification that my PowerVision Auto Tune couldn't cure, but Jamie at Fuel Moto came through with a modification to my Auto Tune map that works fine. Bike runs great and averages 43/44 mpg.

Cool bike. Is that the HD solo bag? If so, how do you like it? I ordered the HD one in brown, but it hasn't come in yet.

Old 09-14-2015, 10:23 AM
misterslim
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

[QUOTE]Cool bike. Is that the HD solo bag? If so, how do you like it? I ordered the HD one in brown, but it hasn't come in yet./QUOTE]

Thanks.
Yes that is the HD bag. The quality of the bag and the way it attaches is fine. If you fasten the attachments really tight there is very little movement. My only disappointment is that there is no visible grain in the leather. It is the same as the strip on the tank, but I can live with that. Maybe the brown one has grain. Some have said that water enters the bag if ridden in the rain - I can see that happening as the attachment straps go through slots in the rear of the bag. I don't ride in the rain, but if caught in an unexpected shower, the contents in my bag are in zip lock bags anyway.

Old 09-15-2015, 04:14 PM
wrussi
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for those that have the rush slip ons, can you put the OEM shields on them?

Old 09-15-2015, 04:20 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Default Slim S

Originally Posted by wrussi
for those that have the rush slip ons, can you put the OEM shields on them?
I read a post that says yes. I'll know for sure on Friday.

Old 09-15-2015, 04:22 PM
Kojax
Grand HDF Member
Received 139 Likes on 94 Posts

1 Think You Can Use Them.

Quick Reply: Slim S