Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 2016 Fat Boy S

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 07:13 AM
Fatboy16S
Cruiser
Received 60 Likes on 35 Posts
Default My 2016 Fat Boy S

Daisy decorated in deer internal parts after exploding.

I picked up a 16 Fat Boy S back in September. This is my first Harley as well as first time back on a bike since my 86 Shadow 1100 I have had since 18 which has not been ridden in 10 years. I put 60,000 miles on it and then life happened (career, house, marriage, kids).

I wanted a place to show the progress of the bike to give others the ability to help in there project. The bike is currently back at the dealer to have the front end replaced after a deer incident. I am stopping in tomorrow to order a Reinhart Crossback exhaust system and a TTS tuner along with a dyno set up. I have been researching the Crossbacks for a while now and find very little info on them. So when I get the bike back I will be sure to post dyno results and pics. Also thinking about the street slammer handle bars which the dealer has a set in stock which I can put next to the bike to see if they are what I am looking for?

Thanks in advance for any input or comments which will hopefully help me with Daisy's (her name) evolution.

Last edited by Fatboy16S; 12-02-2016 at 09:25 AM.
Old 12-02-2016, 09:30 AM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,389 Likes on 1,560 Posts

Wow what a mess, are you ok?

I have a 16 Fat Boy S from new, almost 20,000 miles on it. A couple of electrical problems otherwise it's great.

Old 12-02-2016, 10:57 AM
Fatboy16S
Cruiser

Yeah, luckily I didn't go down. Just ended up holding the deer in my lap until I stopped. It covered me helmet to boot in blood and guts. Even ate a little bit. Happened super fast. Not something I want to ever do again! The smell was one of the worst I have ever smelled.

Wow, you already put 20,000 miles on yours. That's impressive! I have read some bad comments on our model year, but hopefully they are few and far between? I'll head over and check yours out right now. I have wanted one of these since Arnold road one off the overpass in 92 I believe. I'm glad I waited with the S model now available.

Old 12-02-2016, 11:43 AM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator

So far I've had a recurring problem when the bike gets very wet in either rain or washing the left signal light and the high beam indicator light stop working although the signal and beam work fine. So far I am up to 4 replacements.

The headlight housing burnt itself out and had to be replaced.

The biggest downside with this bike is the tires, you'll go through a rear every 5k and a front every 8-10k. I am not a crazy rider but the stock Dunlops don't wear well.

I changed the seat because I couldn't last more than 20 minutes without tailbone pain. As you can see I ride a lot so comfort was pretty important. I went with Ultimate. I have a Capt Itch crotch cooler, the heat is still bad by the air cleaner when stopped in traffic. I have V & H pipes with a Thundermax system. I've done a few cosmetic changes like grips and pedals/pegs and taken off the heel shifter.

Old 12-02-2016, 11:58 AM
Fatboy16S
Cruiser

Your one of the posts that I read already about the light issue. Sorry to hear that. When I went to pick mine up from the dealer initially, as I was getting ready to leave, my brother noticed an oil leak under the bike which made me have to leave it for a few days. Talk about starting off on the wrong foot.

Is the ultimate a Harley seat or an aftermarket? I have been looking at the C&C seats. Have been resisting the urge to pull the trigger on one of there solo seats with removable back support. I think $600.00 which is why I haven't yet. Did just pick up a new license plate holder, speed/tach combo, flush gas caps with led and orange 10mm spark plug wires. And as stated in this thread am going to go with the Rienhart Crossbacks and TTS tuner tomorrow. Bike won't be fixed until the painted parts come in from Harley anyway so the exhaust won't delay the fix. Will just have to get an IOU on the dyno since I'm only at 700 miles currently. First service will be pretty quick after I get it back.

Old 12-02-2016, 01:21 PM
Johan96
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats with a great bike��

Old 12-02-2016, 01:27 PM
Big_Al47
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 93 Likes on 40 Posts

Dang! Glad you made out OK

Old 12-02-2016, 02:58 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator

Ultimate is the seat brand, they are in Daytona but ship anywhere and give you a 2 week free trial.

I have the speedo/tacho combo too. I love it.

Old 12-02-2016, 03:00 PM
03fattyaz
Road Master

Received 442 Likes on 216 Posts

Damn that is gnarly! Took mad skill to keep it upright with a deer in your lap...good job. Plus you got a snack👍

The following users liked this post:
Johan96 (12-04-2016)
Old 12-02-2016, 07:59 PM
Fatboy16S
Cruiser

Thanks Johan96 and Big_Al47!

UK Lauren, thanks for the info. I've never heard of ultimate, but will be sure to put them in the choice of seats when I do get one.

03fattyaz, I'm not sure if it is skill or simply dumb luck, but I am OK with the outcome regardless. Worst part is no bike for over a month. I guess living to tell the tale is pretty awesome. If only it was a pig. I'm not big on deer meat. I do love bacon though!

Quick Reply: My 2016 Fat Boy S