Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who Switched Brands Because of new 2018 Softail

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2017, 12:29 AM
badcooky
Banned
Received 473 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by b bop n bob
noticed you didn't refer to the two guys as 'friends'. don't blame you. Anyone that doesn't appreciate an EVO is no friend of mine, LOL
Man it takes all kinds right.
The MOFOMOCO might be on to something with the new styling who knows.

Been trying to get guys to step up to HD's for years .

Old 10-24-2017, 12:35 AM
yankees1996
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Wanting to get back into motorcycles, I narrowed my interest/choices down to an Indian Scout, Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster and a HD Fat Boy ! I decided that I liked the Fat Boy looks the best ! The Scout wasn't very passenger friendly and I do like the classic looks of the Triumph but HD won out !

Old 10-24-2017, 12:36 AM
badcooky
Banned

Originally Posted by yankees1996
Wanting to get back into motorcycles, I narrowed my interest/choices down to an Indian Scout, Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster and a HD Fat Boy ! I decided that I liked the Fat Boy looks the best ! The Scout wasn't very passenger friendly and I do like the classic looks of the Triumph but HD won out !
And it always will !

Old 10-24-2017, 02:35 AM
Kendoji
5th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I’ve been riding 12 years and the last few years have been a happy Moto Guzzi owner. I still love my Bellagio 940 but a few months ago I started thinking about moving to something bigger with more torque, but wasn’t attracted to the 1400 behemoth Moto Guzzi cruisers. I was watching biker videos on YouTube and started following some of the Harley vloggers. This made me a little envious of the culture and community around Harley. Previously I’d never been attracted to Harley as a brand, if I’m honest. And then the 2018 models came out. Since then I’ve been obsessing about them - and wavering between the Fat Bob, the Heritage and the Breakout. I’m fairly sure now that I’ll go with the Fat Bob in a few months.

As a 41 year-old rider and Harley outsider I’ve been amused by all the negativity online about the new bikes. A lot of folks seem to criticize Harley for trying to appeal to ‘yuppies’ and ‘hipsters’. Whenever I read that I chuckle to myself and think ‘oh I think they mean me!’ In other words guys in their 30s and 40s who can afford a new bike. In any case I love the progress Harley has made with the new bikes. I get some of the criticism of the aesthetics but I’m sure they’ll tweak in the coming years and come out with bikes that address those questions too.

So unless Moto Guzzi announce something truly spectacular in November (they’ve been working on a new engine too) I’ll be converting to Harley very soon.

Old 10-24-2017, 07:01 PM
triumph900
Road Captain
Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by upwgdrb
So do you view that as negative or positive that the new Softails are getting looks from non traditional customers.
I personally think HD has taken a giant step forward. I still think all bikes should have ABS and traction control though.
I think it’s a huge positive. There was nothing in the HD lineup that I was interested in until the new Fatbob. I had a number of HD products over the years, but the older I got, the less the old stuff appealed to me. Unfortunately, I’m not the demographic HD needs, I’m too old. But at least HD got me back in the fold. Love my Fatbob.

Old 10-24-2017, 09:13 PM
badcooky
Banned

Originally Posted by triumph900
I think it’s a huge positive. There was nothing in the HD lineup that I was interested in until the new Fatbob. I had a number of HD products over the years, but the older I got, the less the old stuff appealed to me. Unfortunately, I’m not the demographic HD needs, I’m too old. But at least HD got me back in the fold. Love my Fatbob.
I hear ya !

Old 10-25-2017, 10:21 AM
Mobjack
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had many bikes over the years, Hondas, Yamahas, Harley. Just traded a 2015 Yamaha Bolt R-Spec in on a 2018 Slim. I haven't picked it up yet as I am waiting for some parts to come in and be installed. Mechanically I like what they did with the 2018 line up, but there are a few things I wish they had left alone aesthetically. Regardless, It will be nice to be back on a HD again.

Old 10-25-2017, 12:19 PM
Kendoji
5th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice! I might like the look of the Slim the most out of all the 2018s but for some reason that model is way more expensive than the Fat Bob over here so it’s tough for me to justify.

Old 10-25-2017, 03:31 PM
Another Old Timer
Tourer
Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

I had an excellent '14 Road King that I really enjoyed and had no thoughts of selling it.

Several weeks ago upon visiting the closest HD dealer in Chattanooga, saw a new 114 Fat Bob, sales guy said to go try it out, I did and after thinking this is like no HD I had ever ridden. Ordered a 114 Heritage on the spot, primarily a BMW rider with several at home.

Short story, traded the RK and enjoying the heck out of my new one week old 114 Heritage Classic.

Old 10-25-2017, 08:16 PM
badcooky
Banned

Some great stories here guys cheers .

Quick Reply: Who Switched Brands Because of new 2018 Softail