Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softail Heritage 114 Stage I

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 07:21 AM
kenny55
Tourer
Received 94 Likes on 71 Posts
Default Softail Heritage 114 Stage I

Since the Softail Heritage 114 already comes with the SE High Flow A/C wouldn't it already be considered to be at Stage I upgrade? I guess it does not have the SE exhaust but I wonder what difference there is to the factory fuel map vs stage I map. Too bad you can't load and view the base map in their Pro Street Tuning software.

I bought the 107 Heritage last fall and I've started to do the Stage I on it but now actually considering trading for the 114. I'll be adding the SE Muffler's slip-ons and will have to re-tune the ECM.

My guess is that the fuel schedule differences will be negligible between 114 Base map and 114 map with SE Mufflers.

Old 01-09-2018, 08:55 AM
beardo
Tourer
Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Winter sucks, and it breeds dwelling thoughts.

If you must have a 114, then just do a big bore kit.

Why take the hit?

For what it's worth, stock for stock, 107 vs 114, isn't a whole hell of a lot of difference. Noticeable, yes. Overwhelming, no.

The difference between 107 and 114 is the stroke. Everything else is the same.

In Harley speak, Stage I is air cleaner and exhaust.

If sound and performance is what you seek, skip the SE mufflers. There will be better aftermarket alternatives.

Old 01-09-2018, 09:26 AM
kenny55
Tourer
Received 94 Likes on 71 Posts

The problem is this, i walked into the dealer the other day and noticed the 115 Anniversary Heritage. I acted like i didn't see it and kept my focus on the t-shirts and belt buckles.
Then this past weekend my wife and I went to another dealer just for something to do since it was freaking cold as sh#t out. Well, they also had the 115 Anniversary bike sitting there right out in the open like they put it there on purpose. I took a long look at it. It's blessed beautiful. I must have it. When will this madness end!

Old 01-09-2018, 09:41 AM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 911 Likes on 662 Posts

Well...that makes sense. It happens, especially in the cold months when you're already ride deprived and weak. Guess you gotta see what you can do. Another option is paint your 107, but sometimes it's fun to scratch the itch...especially if you've got the scratch

As for stage 1 on either 107/114...the new motors run so well out of the factory you won't see a remarkable boost until stage 2 by many owners reviews. With the 114 you'll be spared the AC swap on either stage 1 or 2, but that's only a few hundred dollars. If it's about the stage 1 I'd keep the 107....if it's about the Anniversary...well, that's a different kettle of fish. Good luck on the descision.

Old 01-09-2018, 10:26 AM
Will Belden
Tourer
Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by kenny55
...they also had the 115 Anniversary bike sitting there right out in the open like they put it there on purpose. I took a long look at it. It's blessed beautiful. I must have it.
Saw it my shop in Dallas the other day. It was indeed good looking and I drooled a bit, maybe. While I like the 2018's...those bags....just can't decide if I like them or not. Certainly smaller than those on my 2016.

Old 01-09-2018, 10:53 AM
abadley
Road Captain
Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts

The anniversary model is a nice looking bike!

Old 01-09-2018, 12:22 PM
kb_jag
Tourer
Received 144 Likes on 99 Posts

Have to agree with fish. If Olive had the 107 I don't think I'd chase much else. Both great motors.

If it's an anniversary thing, and you love it, that's different again. It was high on my list, but happy I got Olive.

The bags, heheh, one of my biggest criticism....till I bought. The look is good. Suits the bike. The space is enough. The lock on top, sigh...thought there could have been something more clever here....but..The convenience, noted on day 1. No more stooping down to open and close latches. click...boom. done.. If you forget to latch it, close it on the fly..No issues. Very very handy. You forget about any negatives pretty quickly. They just work great. Good luck with the hunting.

Last edited by kb_jag; 01-09-2018 at 12:23 PM.
Old 01-09-2018, 12:51 PM
Another Old Timer
Tourer
Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

From a pure tune stand point, there is very little flow difference between the stock cans on the 114 Heritage and the flow of the SE cans. That is another reason that my torque cam install on my 114 Heritage is with the stock cans.

Old 01-09-2018, 02:19 PM
FatBob2018
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,229 Likes on 1,268 Posts

That Anniversary Edition is riveting, isn't it?

Okay, between the 107 and the 114, I think the easiest way to think of it is that the 114 = the 107 plus a stage. So a 107 at Stage 1 is about on par with a stock 114. A 107 at Stage 2 is about on par with a 114 at Stage 1. And a 107 at Stage 3 is about on par with the 114 at Stage 2.

When I looked at the Fat Bob, I had the choice of a 107 or 114; initially I wanted the 114 because duh, who wouldn't, but was it worth $2,000 more than the 107? Probably not. However, on the Fat Bob model, when you go with the 114, you also get ABS ($800) and the Ventilator ($300). So that's $1100 of value, and I had to have ABS anyway, and would have put a high-flow air cleaner on a 107 if I had it... So was the 114 engine worth $900 more than the 107? Oh hell yes.

On the Heritage, ABS is standard on both versions, and the price difference is $1300 (plus $900 more for the Anniversary paint, over the cost of a Vivid Black version). So is the 114 engine and the Anniversary paint worth $2200 to you? Only you can answer that...

Old 01-09-2018, 05:38 PM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 911 Likes on 662 Posts

Originally Posted by kb_jag
Have to agree with fish. If Olive had the 107 I don't think I'd chase much else. Both great motors.

If it's an anniversary thing, and you love it, that's different again. It was high on my list, but happy I got Olive.

The bags, heheh, one of my biggest criticism....till I bought. The look is good. Suits the bike. The space is enough. The lock on top, sigh...thought there could have been something more clever here....but..The convenience, noted on day 1. No more stooping down to open and close latches. click...boom. done.. If you forget to latch it, close it on the fly..No issues. Very very handy. You forget about any negatives pretty quickly. They just work great. Good luck with the hunting.
I agree, bags bugged me till I owned it...ok one time I had to break open a 12 pack of bottles because the latch placement won't let a box that size past the opening....but otherwise no problems, and I was used to RK bags which are significantly bigger. Down the road I may order Iron Bags, but the stockers work well for me. Too many things I like about this bike to get stuck on the bags.

Quick Reply: Softail Heritage 114 Stage I