Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

$10 mount.....$1300 phone 🤔

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2018, 04:49 PM
LIMike
Road Captain
Received 366 Likes on 196 Posts
Default $10 mount.....$1300 phone 🤔

Hey guys, It was a beautiful day today so I decided to take my bike to work and use it throughout the day. I was enjoying the ride cruising down the highway doing about 75 when It suddenly came to mind that my new iPhone Xs plus is being held on against the wind by a $10 phone mount...... literally cost me 10 bucks and the phone was almost $1300. Definitely not a smart move on my part but seems to work well. Needless to say I decided to stop by my local Tmobile and added insurance to the phone. I was just sitting at home thinking about it and figured I would share it with you guys lol

Last edited by LIMike; 11-19-2018 at 04:58 PM.
The following users liked this post:
GarageJockey (11-20-2018)
Old 11-19-2018, 06:54 PM
tryus
Road Captain
Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

I like the looks of that thing, those rubber straps on the corners look more secure than my $60 holder. What kind is it?

Old 11-19-2018, 08:17 PM
DonN
Road Warrior
Received 207 Likes on 141 Posts

Double up on the straps for added security. Looks similar to Vibrelli on Amazon. Also will hold my GPS and powervision.

Last edited by DonN; 11-19-2018 at 08:19 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by DonN:
LIMike (11-19-2018), Uncle Larry (11-24-2018)
Old 11-19-2018, 08:20 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,786 Likes on 9,863 Posts

Those bikini straps are pretty secure.

Old 11-19-2018, 08:24 PM
LIMike
Road Captain
Received 366 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by tryus
I like the looks of that thing, those rubber straps on the corners look more secure than my $60 holder. What kind is it?
I was ordering a helmet and it showed up as a special. I figured for $10 why not? I completely forgot That I ordered it until I opened up the helmet box. Seems to work well so far.
I think I’ll take your advice Don and double up on the straps. It really doesn’t give any indication that it’s going to let go.....but then again the only indication would be my phone bouncing down the road 😂

https://www.bikerhelmets.com/product...le-phone-mount

Old 11-20-2018, 06:11 AM
Mac-427
Cruiser
Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts

I've tried a bunch of of phone holders. Most of them had problems. Many of them were not secure and the rubber straps were a pain to work with. With my I-Phone 7, I found that the rubber straps on some of the holders caused the phone to "creep" until the jaws of the holder touched the buttons on the phone causing it to do crazy things. I finally settled on a GUB holder purchased from Amazon for around 15 bucks. I've used it on my former Roadglide and on my current 2018 Fatboy with great success. The holder is CNC machined and very sturdy. In addition it comes with a variety of hardware to accommodate different sized handlebars. My wife also has one on her Sporty. We use our phones for navigation so we have them mounted where we can see them clearly. Our Summer trip went from the Dallas/Ft Worth area to Gatlinburg, TN and back. The GUB holders worked perfectly. After seeing these holders in action, most of our friends have purchased them and like them. We use the Harley handle bar mount electrical receptacle on both our bikes with a coil cord and find the configuration to be very convenient and uncluttered.

Old 11-20-2018, 08:14 AM
Will Belden
Tourer
Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

Not a shill here, but I sure do like the QuadLock stuff. Got it in my car and on my bike.

j33ptj (11-21-2018)
Old 11-20-2018, 08:30 AM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,412 Likes on 4,016 Posts

I usually put my phone in the tourpak or saddlebag.......

But that can be dangerous too... I frequently forget about it. Once I went 3 days with it in my saddlebag....

Yeah, I know, I'm not like most people with my phone. I'm retired and can go 2 or 3 days without using it. Just phone calls and a text or two... no pics, no internet, I don't even have one APP on my phone....

Believe it or not, I'm actually typing this on a computer...

Old 11-20-2018, 12:09 PM
adm
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,460 Likes on 1,407 Posts

Originally Posted by Will Belden
Not a shill here, but I sure do like the QuadLock stuff. Got it in my car and on my bike.
Yep - I am a QuadLock fan as well. Great cases and mounts for phones. I have them on my motorcycles and bicycles and they have always worked flawlessly. I use the bicycle stem mount versions and cable tie them on the bars. Works great, is super low profile and almost invisible when the phone isn't mounted.

Another added bonus is that you can buy universal mount adaptors with ultra strong adhesive that allow you to pretty much mount anything. I have one on my PowerVision tuner and one on the remote control box for my heated clothing.

Oh - and I got a mail from QuadLock today saying everything is currently 30% off for Black Friday....

Old 11-20-2018, 12:22 PM
LJLKRL05
Tourer
Received 143 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by hattitude
I usually put my phone in the tourpak or saddlebag.......

But that can be dangerous too... I frequently forget about it. Once I went 3 days with it in my saddlebag....

Yeah, I know, I'm not like most people with my phone. I'm retired and can go 2 or 3 days without using it. Just phone calls and a text or two... no pics, no internet, I don't even have one APP on my phone....

Believe it or not, I'm actually typing this on a computer...
I wish I could get away with that. I would throw mine in the lake if it was not a work requirement.

hattitude (11-20-2018)

Quick Reply: $10 mount.....$1300 phone 🤔