Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Info - 2003 Heritage Springer & Heritage Softail Classic Rear Fenders...

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2020, 04:31 PM
Old Man Wolf
Advanced
Received 23 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Need Info - 2003 Heritage Springer & Heritage Softail Classic Rear Fenders...

Hello,
I was hoping someone could give me some info on the rear fenders for 2003 Softail Heritage Springer & Heritage Softail Classic please (and maybe Softail Deluxe)???
Are these the same fender with different taillights or are they 2 different fenders due to the taillight mounting lug???

I like the tombstone taillight assembly & rear fender shape on the Heritage Springer & Softail Deluxe and would like to put that setup on a different Softail model I'm trying to buy...
... Also wanted to know what years that rear fender is the same (Heritage Springer or Deluxe Softail if it's the same fender too) so I know what years I can search for parts to buy please???

Thanks For Your Help In This!!!
Blessings!

Old 08-10-2020, 12:01 PM
bustergut
Tourer
Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

This would involve a fair amount of research, which anyone with sufficient patience can do by using Original Part Search here: https://www.jerseyh-d.com

Old 08-10-2020, 02:23 PM
Old Man Wolf
Advanced

Originally Posted by bustergut
This would involve a fair amount of research, which anyone with sufficient patience can do by using Original Part Search here: https://www.jerseyh-d.com
Thank You Buster!
I'll sit down and spend a little time with this my next 2 days off...

Blessings!

Old 08-12-2020, 04:12 PM
cocky
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 152 Likes on 124 Posts

I know the deluxe rear fender has a recessed area for the tombstone taillights and blinker bar.

Old 08-12-2020, 05:08 PM
Old Man Wolf
Advanced

Originally Posted by cocky
I know the deluxe rear fender has a recessed area for the tombstone taillights and blinker bar.
Thank You Cocky,

Old 08-12-2020, 09:57 PM
Old Man Wolf
Advanced

Originally Posted by cocky
Hey Cocky, I found this photo of a 2003 Heritage Springer rear fender on Ebay tonight...
... Is this the recessed area you were mentioning - the square area around the mounting lug or were you talking about much newer fenders???

Old 08-13-2020, 01:31 AM
S.D.M.F
Road Warrior
Received 339 Likes on 218 Posts

A Deluxe rear fender has these recessed areas for the turn signal light bar to attach.

Old 08-13-2020, 08:05 AM
Old Man Wolf
Advanced

Originally Posted by S.D.M.F
A Deluxe rear fender has these recessed areas for the turn signal light bar to attach.

Awesome!
Thank You S.D.M.F.!!!

Old 08-28-2020, 10:10 PM
klf33
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Deluxe is different than fatboy & Heritage

Old 09-03-2020, 08:44 AM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,510 Likes on 4,065 Posts

Make sure you get the proper part number for your year/model... or check that the fender matches up well...

I found out that there can be subtle differences between the various model's fenders...

I bought a replacement fender for my 2003 Heritage, from an HD Dealer in about 2005...I didn't pay attention to the part number they ordered or if it was the correct one for my model.... I delayed putting it on until a couple years later....

When I finally put it on, all the fender struts and light holes bolted up... but the hole for the seat mount was about 3/4" too far to the rear... it didn't line up with my OEM seat mount tab.. I had to extend the seat mount tab so it would fit...

Quick Reply: Need Info - 2003 Heritage Springer & Heritage Softail Classic Rear Fenders...