Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

calling all ape hangers

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 09:39 PM
Deuce N 2006
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: calling all ape hangers

ORIGINAL: Geoff

How's this for apes...

This is just to funny!

Old 11-01-2007, 09:10 PM
CNC WHEEL GUY
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Moondognyc

You're putting hard oil lines from the motor to the swingarm on a Softail ?? You're looking for trouble. I don't mean to sound like a dick, but hard lines are meant to be mounted to a rigid object. But if your guy says it will work, he must have experience with it.
I think you missed the part when he said there would be a flexibble joint between the SA and frame.

ORIGINAL: Fumanchu
Moondognyc and johnny night train:
Thelower legs will have to wait! I just dropped it off at the shop today. Notice where the remote oil filter bracket is right above the rocker shifter. You can see my blue "Purolator" oil filter there.That bracketis getting removed. My shop guy is thenremoving the swingarm, cutting off the belt guard tabs (asI removed the guards)then making a small bracket that welds to the swing arm. A "car" remote oil filter is going on the bracket and he is bending up some hard lines to run. At the frame, the lines become rubber so they can "move" slightly as the swingarm moves. The swingarm itself will be powdercoated when it's done. Always wanted an "Indian Larry" style remote oil filter! Should look pretty sharp.....Getting an S&S carb too......
Also just had a sign painter paint some Corvette crossed flags right below the taillight asI have two Corvettes. I'll have to get some pix when the bike comes out of the shop sometime in November......
My wife turned off the money spigot after the carb and swingarm/remote oil filter mods!! The lower legs have to wait.....

Old 11-02-2007, 05:58 AM
Fumanchu
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

To all those who don't think that the remote oil filter will not work: The hard lines run from where the remote oil filter is on the swingarm. The lines become RUBBER when they meet the frame. The lines are NOT hard all the way to the motor.They become rubber to flex when the swingarm moves. I'll post pix when it comes out of the shop. The person doing the work has been building custom bikes and race motors for about 30 years! I have total confidence in him.....