Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good score on Ebay

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 10:31 PM
Dixie Dreg
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Good score on Ebay

Bid on a really nice seat that looks almost new, it has a wide pillion, sort of like the Mustangs. Got it for 80 bucks, couldn't believe it. A lot of people seem to not like Ebay but I have never had a bad experience with them.

Old 04-23-2008, 11:20 PM
blackdenimbiker
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Good score on Ebay

I love ebay!!!!

Old 04-24-2008, 06:29 AM
deadeye
Road Warrior
Received 92 Likes on 57 Posts

I'm cheap. I get almost all Harley stuff on ebay. Most of the people selling bike stuff on ebay are OK. I stay away from the tool section of ebay after bad experiences there.

What brand seat is that?

Old 04-24-2008, 09:00 AM
Pooh AKA Bear
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[sm=type.gif] e-bay is just as addictive as HDForums.com [sm=signs007.gif] but it costs more!! I agree that there are some great buys on ebay but I also stay away from the tools, unless name brand. It's also a great way to sell items from around the house and garage to build up a Harley fund in PayPal and buy more Harley stuff without the wife knowing! I think she knows though ....... God, I love her!!

Old 04-24-2008, 10:29 AM
Dixie Dreg
Ultimate HDF Member

Deadeye, the ad says it is a stock HD seat, but I think it may be a mistake, it looks just like a Mustang. I should know for sure in a day or two. I am in N.C. and it is shipping from Va. I don't know about the tool category, I do know that I have heard there are companies that make knock-off tools with name brands like Bosch and Dewalt. I guess it is like fake Rolex, those are easy to spot. I did read a warning from Ebay about people selling knock off Les Pauls for big money. Guess you just have to be careful.

Old 04-24-2008, 01:02 PM
krub6t9
Extreme HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

I have bought a lot of stuff of ebay for my bike and never had a problem.So far I have saved almost $300 compared to dealers cost. So far i have gotten chrome switch housings nib for $35- chrome and rubber footboards and matching brake pedal fo$40 andsport rack for$70.All this stuff was genuine harley stuff.

Old 04-24-2008, 08:05 PM
BigMike17
Road Master
Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

[sm=smiley29.gif] I'm an eBay junkie...have found lots of good deals and have sold lots of things I no longer needed.

Old 04-24-2008, 08:57 PM
Dixie Dreg
Ultimate HDF Member

I have never sold anything on Ebay. I am a carpenter and not too computer savvy, I think my son can help me with the process , once I do it a few times I will be okay. Two years ago I did every bit of my Christmas shopping online, it was great, no teeming malls filled with badly dressed mutants, I loved it!

Old 04-24-2008, 09:01 PM
Dixie Dreg
Ultimate HDF Member

I have never sold anything on Ebay. I am a carpenter and not too computer savvy, I think my son can help me with the process , once I do it a few times I will be okay. Two years ago I did every bit of my Christmas shopping online, it was great, no teeming malls filled with badly dressed mutants, I loved it!

Old 04-24-2008, 09:01 PM
Dixie Dreg
Ultimate HDF Member

Quick Reply: Good score on Ebay