Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 08:48 PM
drummer3278
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help!

Ok, I'll try and make this short and to the point.&nbsp\\; I was surfing around last night looking at bikes for sale, as I just like doing so even though I'm not in the market.&nbsp\\; I found a 06 Screaming Eagle Dresser (I'm not sure but I think on Craig's list) for $3700.00 bucks.&nbsp\\; The pictures looked great, but I'm thinking obviously a mistake, so just for a joke I E-mail back "$3700.00?&nbsp\\; I'll take it!!&nbsp\\; Well, that night this lady mails back saying OK, and she's using e-Bay for payment.&nbsp\\; So, I get an e-mail invoice from e-Bay motors and to go to a "money gram" office near me to pay.&nbsp\\; It also says the funds won't get released for 10 days after I get the bike (she will arrange shipping and pay for it).&nbsp\\; I just don't know what the hell to think.&nbsp\\; I don't want to be the "There's a sucker born every minute, or it's too good to be true victim", but...............what if it's on the up and up?&nbsp\\; I've heard of wierd things like this happening in divorces.&nbsp\\; Also, she's clear across the country from me, and I can't find the frickin' ad again.&nbsp\\; Any suggestions?&nbsp\\; I don't know where else to turn as all my friends do know sh*t about eBay, and I know many of you have used it.&nbsp\\; Below is a copy of her e-mail back to me after I jokingly said "I'll take it".&nbsp\\; Thanks in advance!
&nbsp\\;
"Hello,
You made the right choice!My 2006 Harley-Davidson Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic Electra Glide is in great shape,no engine problems,damages or hidden defects. It was always garaged and never kept outside. I`m a single mother with 2 children because i divorced with my husband and after the divorce i own this bike,i don`t need it and that`s why i`m selling it so cheap. The mileage is 15,500 and the price is $3,700. We will use eBay`s protection program for our safety. I just need your full name and address so i can open a case. (with no further obligation or fees).
Have a nice day!
P.S : Please don't forget to send your full name and shipping address if you are interested to buy."

Old 06-24-2008, 08:52 PM
Jackstraw
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help!

It's a scam.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; where's the bike at? Tell her you want to see it and pay for it in person after you see the bike.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; It does't matter if it's out of state just email her and tell her that and see what her response is.

By the way nice looking Fat Boy.

Old 06-24-2008, 09:04 PM
drummer3278
Cruiser

Ok,
Good idea, I'll e-mail her and tell her I'll fly there to pick up the bike.&nbsp\\; She also just sent me pics of the bike.&nbsp\\; Have to go out for awhile now though.&nbsp\\;

[IMG]local://upfiles/44115/0B931DFC1F02416898616C70829C16E9.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/44115/F6EEAA37AFA345219D2B869D244E8E43.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-24-2008, 09:26 PM
chumbucket
Novice

Big Scam!!!!!!! I inquired about one and got an identical reply. Here's a copy &amp\\; paste\\;

Hello,
&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; You made the right choice!My Harley Davidson is in great shape,no engine problems,damages or hidden defects.It was always garaged and never kept outside.I`m a single mother with 2 children because i divorced with my husband and after the divorce i own this bike,i don`t need it and that`s why i`m selling it so cheap.The mileage is 1,062 and the price is 5800$.We will use eBay`s protection program for our safety.I just need your full name and address so i can open a case.(with no further obligation or fees).Have a nice day!

the same pics and similar ads are popping up all over the country. Craigslist is starting to catch on and deleting their postings as soon as possible.
The people responsible for these scams need to burn in hell. *******.

Old 06-24-2008, 10:55 PM
drummer3278
Cruiser

Damm!&nbsp\\; Thanks for the heads up.&nbsp\\; That's what I love about this forum.&nbsp\\; Anyway, here's her reply after I insisted on flying down, and riding it back.&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
"I am sorry but I have already taken the bike and all paperwork at the transport company and it's ready to be shipped in a crate. Either way, you will receive all documents in original along with the bike. Beside of that, I don't have a lot of free time to expend on this sale,and I've choosed to sell the bike trough ebay.
Please email me back and let me know if you are interested to buy it."

Thanks!

Man, you'd think she'd at least learn proper grammar if she was scamming!!!

Old 06-24-2008, 11:37 PM
tunaman
Road Warrior
Received 308 Likes on 203 Posts

What's up... I know you... we met some time back, and I'm trying to remember where.
&nbsp\\;
Anyway - in order to buy it using eBay, it has to be listed on eBay. Chances are, this is a variation of the Nigerian (or 419) scam, and it would probably be followed with an email including a link to a phony eBay site (looks identical, but is usually hosted on some foreign server) where you'd think you were completing the transaction. Always verify the link URL addresses - don't just click the hyperlink in email or on web sites, as they can be made to read one thing and actually direct you to a different site.
&nbsp\\;
Good catch!
Roger

Old 06-25-2008, 06:25 AM
bloomington g
Road Captain

Scam for sure!
&nbsp\\;
I have seen the same add here in Indiana on Craig's list as well.
&nbsp\\;
Come to think of it, when I asked about the bike, I got the same initial reply you did... You all quit trying to horn in on my great deal!

Old 06-25-2008, 07:19 AM
flyboyron
Road Warrior
Received 262 Likes on 98 Posts

I think it could have been a typo......should have been 37,000.00 ?

Old 06-25-2008, 07:31 AM
2002fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Unbelievable the level people will stoop to to rip innocent people off!

Old 06-25-2008, 08:56 AM
rockerhead
Road Captain

CAVEAT EMPTOR

Quick Reply: Help!