Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bassani Pro Streets

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 02:39 PM
HBWill
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update:

Just recieved my pipes and the quality is terrible. I can not believe that Bassani let these pipes go out the door. These pipes left Bassani and went to the chromers with chips all over the mufflers and the welds are amatuer at best.

I live near Bassani, and I'm going to drive over there on Monday and show them the quality of these pipes and see what the hell they're going to do for me.

Old 08-16-2008, 11:32 PM
SuperAhcmed
Banned

Originally Posted by HBWill
Update:

Just recieved my pipes and the quality is terrible. I can not believe that Bassani let these pipes go out the door. These pipes left Bassani and went to the chromers with chips all over the mufflers and the welds are amatuer at best.

I live near Bassani, and I'm going to drive over there on Monday and show them the quality of these pipes and see what the hell they're going to do for me.
I suggest putting up some pics on the pipes if your gonna hammer on the quality because these are top notch pipes..............

Old 08-17-2008, 10:01 PM
HBWill
Advanced

Not a problem. I will be visiting Bassani HQ tomorrow morning with the pipes. If I can get a camera tonight I will put up pics this evening.

I was hoping for a top notch product. What I recieved are far from it. I don't see how any good QC department would let these go out though..this is hard to miss..

Old 08-17-2008, 10:22 PM
trafficjams
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HBWill
Update:

Go dude!

Hey can you video the event so we can see their return policy first hand?

The way I look at it, you're forcing a better product for the next guy... even if it is just a few less spatters of weld!

Old 08-18-2008, 09:13 AM
HBWill
Advanced

After thinking about it more, I don't know if I care enough anymore. If they give me a headache about it, I'm not going to fight it..I'll just return the pipes and be on my way.

JD - Its a terrbile weld and a pipe that looks like someone bounced a grinder wheel off it and then sent it to chrome.

Old 08-21-2008, 10:01 AM
HBWill
Advanced

Update: After a go-round with the customer service folks, I decided that I was going to go to the top to solve this one. I called Bassani and got a hold of Daryl Bassani. He definitly took care of me. Replaced my pipes and hand picked me out new ones. These new ones are miles better than the first pipes I got. I recommend getting the heat sheilds with these pipes also. After a bit of massaging, they fit very nicely and make the pipes look great.

I put them on last night, and these pipes are amazing. Deep, classic harley tone. They are definitly LOUD! After meeting Daryl, I would recommend these pipes to anyone!

Old 08-21-2008, 10:08 AM
ngoti8tor
Outstanding HDF Member

When the exhaust gases enter the exhaust system, they start to cool, and as it start to cool, it slow down. The faster the exhaust gases are moving, the better scavenging (emptying) of the cylinder, and this means a little more horsepower.

It is however not good on other applications as it shortens the life of the pipes considerably, makes them brittle and often scaly where they separate in layers if you unwrap them after a while.

Unwrapping them is a bad idea as the discoloration on the pipe will be hideous, thats if the pipe does not disintagrate as you unwrap it.

Old 08-21-2008, 05:22 PM
02 night train
Stage III

I've been running them on my bike for the last two years and have had great performance out of these pipes . I have had my bike on the dyno three times since installation of these pipes ( becouse I'm constantly looking for that extra edge ) every time i put it on the dyno's the tech comment's about those being the best 2 into 2 pipe's to run as far as over all power . As far as the rear pipe being close to the oil line's makeing the oil hotter, alot of pipes have this same bend . To help aid with this so called problem I put a thin tight layer of wrap UNDER the heat shield's ( after they were sealed and dried ) this way you get the best of both world's and the wrap isn't very noticeable at all this allso help's with the blueing isues if your running in the 100 + range .

Old 08-25-2008, 02:07 PM
unimog_willys
Intermediate

I love them on my Crossbones

Lots of pos comments on them and the sound is great

a little hot when sitting in traffic, I think I'm going to exhaust wrap them

Last edited by unimog_willys; 08-25-2008 at 02:08 PM. Reason: opps
Old 08-25-2008, 02:10 PM
unimog_willys
Intermediate