Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"DYNO" Numbers For SOFTAILS

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 01:04 AM
bigoscycles
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I got it to work.

Attached Thumbnails "DYNO" Numbers For SOFTAILS-winpep.jpg  
Old 07-17-2009, 01:09 PM
axisdenied
Stage II

I just put the SE Heavy Breather and had it on the dyno again. Came out with 83HP/93TQ.

Attached Thumbnails "DYNO" Numbers For SOFTAILS-dyno-sheet.jpg  
Old 07-17-2009, 02:33 PM
jd8181
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by axisdenied
I just put the SE Heavy Breather and had it on the dyno again. Came out with 83HP/93TQ.
what in the heck is up with the lines on your dyno sheet??

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 07-19-2015 at 01:09 PM.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:27 PM
axisdenied
Stage II

Originally Posted by jd8181
what in the heck is up with the lines on your dyno sheet??
I'm not really sure what's going on with those lines. I'm going to have to ask around to find out why they're doing that.

Old 07-18-2009, 12:24 AM
Stoood
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Talking Dyno run from my 103 incher built in June, 2007 FLSTS

After a little research on cams and tuning combinations, here's the 103 build I ended up with. I've built rice rockets before in my shop, but have never paid to have a Harley motor put together by someone else. The result was a very user friendly motor with an awesome torque curve. At 113Hp/109Tq it really hauls, yet it behaves much like a stocker ( I ride several other Harleys, an '83 shovel being my favorite). It's good around town, and great for long hauls. Here's the blueprint: Sachs heads, Pro-ported with 1.9 intakes and 1.625 exhaust, milled and decked, 120 LBS CCP. Forged CP pistons, TW55 cams, Kury 57mm T-Body, Hi flow injectors, Zipper K&N A/C, D&D Fat Cat, TTS Master Tune and Map by Cycle Dynamics Inc. Also added a TTP variable pressure clutch, a Jag oil cooler, and 20W50 full synthetic. I had a CVO 110 last year, and while it had good low end, it had only fair midrange and no top end. I wouldn't be afraid to put the new 103 motor in a bagger, yet it walks away from any of the big rigs my buddies ride. To quote the Pro that did the porting, "it is what it is". And the cost was very reasonable.

Attached Thumbnails "DYNO" Numbers For SOFTAILS-dyno-run-061809.jpg  
Old 07-18-2009, 06:29 AM
Blk and Chrome
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Stoood
After a little research on cams and tuning combinations, here's the 103 build I ended up with. I've built rice rockets before in my shop, but have never paid to have a Harley motor put together by someone else. The result was a very user friendly motor with an awesome torque curve. At 113Hp/109Tq it really hauls, yet it behaves much like a stocker ( I ride several other Harleys, an '83 shovel being my favorite). It's good around town, and great for long hauls. Here's the blueprint: Sachs heads, Pro-ported with 1.9 intakes and 1.625 exhaust, milled and decked, 120 LBS CCP. Forged CP pistons, TW55 cams, Kury 57mm T-Body, Hi flow injectors, Zipper K&N A/C, D&D Fat Cat, TTS Master Tune and Map by Cycle Dynamics Inc. Also added a TTP variable pressure clutch, a Jag oil cooler, and 20W50 full synthetic. I had a CVO 110 last year, and while it had good low end, it had only fair midrange and no top end. I wouldn't be afraid to put the new 103 motor in a bagger, yet it walks away from any of the big rigs my buddies ride. To quote the Pro that did the porting, "it is what it is". And the cost was very reasonable.
Very good torque and horsepower curves, looks like a great combo. I plan on doing mine over this fall,

Old 07-18-2009, 07:59 PM
bigoscycles
Cruiser

I added a updated dyno sheet that has a little bit of info on the motor. Any questions just ask.

Attached Thumbnails "DYNO" Numbers For SOFTAILS-winpep1.jpg  
Old 07-21-2009, 06:51 AM
hot95hog
Cruiser

OK here is my attempt at loading my dyno sheet. TDC 125 out of the box running through a R/evtech 6 speed and passing gas through a R/ich products Thunder/Header 108 hp and 134 lb ft torque the S&s 124 for comparison is in a Ness/product

Attached Thumbnails "DYNO" Numbers For SOFTAILS-ssvstdc.jpg  
Old 07-21-2009, 07:23 AM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 882 Likes on 439 Posts

That's a great-looking curve....Probably a really streetable build. Very nice.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:25 AM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That is just a primo build. That thing pulls to the moon yet has a long steady TQ curve that starts early consider the peak on the HP.

I love that motor!!!

Quick Reply: "DYNO" Numbers For SOFTAILS