Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Softail Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softail-models-7/)
-   -   tales of bad experiences from e-bay (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softail-models/295645-tales-of-bad-experiences-from-e-bay.html)

hellfish 11-23-2008 01:48 PM

I've been buying/selling on eBay for years ...if you get screwed, you didn't research your sellar well enough. Paypal, is fine. You probably dont pay your bills online either ..I havent seen/bought/used a stamp in 10 years. Time for the old-school types to get with the times ...they arent changing back. ;)

flylock 11-23-2008 02:00 PM

I have gotten a lot of good deals on ebay. I have also gotten screwed a few times, you have really got to be careful.

Tralfaz 11-23-2008 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe (Post 4147536)
Well i just dropped these bars off at the chrome plating shop it cost me $85.00 bucks to have replated and 4 days of waiting

Personally, I would have gone back to the guy that sold them and pushed him to make it all right. He pays to get them shipped back after sending you new bars, or he just refunds the money. Unfortunately, if the bars have been "modified" now it might limit your options to just, well, doing what you have done and giving negative feedback. I imagine you would have wanted to give negative feedback anyway since the description in the sale was not accurate.

I have to admit that I'm one of those people that has never had a negative purchase on e-bay. I bought one item that didn't work once, but the description included the fact that the item wasn't tested so I rolled the dice on it since it was hard to find.

RBurn 11-24-2008 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by softail04 (Post 4149650)
just noticed your location
glad to see somebody besides me thinks san fran is central ca.
where you located in N CA. ???

In Redding

pococj 11-24-2008 06:24 AM

So ya had the bars rechromed? Didja even give the seller a chance to make it right? Stuff happens, and anyone can screw up. Just about anyone deserves the chance to make something right when they screw it up. But then maybe you're perfect?

BLKnCHRME09Deluxe 11-24-2008 10:04 AM

my situation

Originally Posted by pococj (Post 4153308)
So ya had the bars rechromed? Didja even give the seller a chance to make it right? Stuff happens, and anyone can screw up. Just about anyone deserves the chance to make something right when they screw it up. But then maybe you're perfect?

Yes i had several e-mail back and forth to him about this situation and he had told me i would be responsible for shipping back to him. He had also told me that i could keep the bars and he would refund me 20.00 bucks which was a joke!!! i then told him 30.00 bucks since his description was totally off (3 out of 10 and 10 being new)and then i never heard from him again!!! after several e-mails to him i still get no response. so instead of just doen nothing about it i gave them to the chrome shop to solve my problems. i want bars on my bike!!! period....im giving this guy another couple of days to give a refund. if not a definate negative feedback will be placed. as for returning the bars why should i get stuck payen the shipping back and have nothing in my hands to show for my lost money. i never said im perfect but i would like to get what i payed for. not a set of bars that looked like they been scrubbed with sand paper and nickel showing though from cable rub. he had these bars listed as like new and i also e-mailed him before i bid on them about condition and he told me they were brand new in condition! "NO scratches! they were put on bike but customer didnt like them because he couldnt reach them due to short arms" in his own words. :mad: item number 270300482086

donovan51 11-24-2008 10:24 AM

I bought a set of Big Growl pipes off ebay. They were new and boxed, shipped straight from Mexico. Bloody chrome pitted after two days rain :(.
I suppose you get what you pay for. Just have to keep them polished. Sound fantastic tho lol.

rj93/4fun 11-24-2008 01:07 PM

I used to work in a chrome shop and there is no such thing as 'thicker chrome'. Thicker copper or nickel, Yes, but if you over chrome a piece it becomes cloudy.
Make sure of what they mean when they say thicker chrome. And for the best chrome job, make sure they begin with a copper coat.

aggro_jo 11-24-2008 01:29 PM

sometimes being cheap can be pretty expensive........

BLKnCHRME09Deluxe 11-24-2008 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by rj93/4fun (Post 4154675)
I used to work in a chrome shop and there is no such thing as 'thicker chrome'. Thicker copper or nickel, Yes, but if you over chrome a piece it becomes cloudy.
Make sure of what they mean when they say thicker chrome. And for the best chrome job, make sure they begin with a copper coat.

Yes they said they were gonna strip it down to the bare metal then start over with the replating process. thanx for the response