Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Softail Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softail-models-7/)
-   -   tales of bad experiences from e-bay (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softail-models/295645-tales-of-bad-experiences-from-e-bay.html)

BLKnCHRME09Deluxe 11-22-2008 01:51 PM

tales of bad experiences from e-bay

I just got rippied off from a seller from e-bay.(chubby wo503) The guy had listed as like new but when i recieved the bars they looked like SH*T!!! (scratches everywhere and nickel showing through from cable rub). I would rate them a 3 out of 10 with 10 being new. Anybody else with this problem about getting ripped off from sellers from e-bay I could ship back but i would still get stiffed for shipping back plus time to dispute the item. Which is b*llsh*t.:mad:.....item number 270300482086

rsavage 11-22-2008 02:17 PM

ebay ripoff

Originally Posted by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe (Post 4147094)
I just got rippied off from a seller from e-bay. The guy had listed as like new but when i recieved looked like SH*T!!! Anybody else with this problem about getting ripped off from sellers from e-bay I could ship back but i would still get stiffed for shipping back plus time to dispute the item. Which is b*llsh*t.:mad:.....item number 270300482086

Email the seller back and tell him you want your money back including shipping. Explain why. If he doesn't make good, leave him negative feedback. He has pretty good feed back, so maybe he will take care of it. One good thing that ebay has done is take away the ability for Sellers to leave you negative feedback in retribution for getting negative from the buyer.

wafu321 11-22-2008 02:22 PM

The seller has over 1100 feedbacks with 100% positive. I would email him and give him a chance to make it right.

ChopperBill 11-22-2008 03:16 PM

I just bought a lay down license plate bracket with frame that was suppose to be perfect. Back was scratched from some douche bag using a pair of pliers to use on the nuts for the frame. Not sure You could even see them when its mounted. Only out $4 if you can see the scratches. But I bought some axle covers for only $20 from the same guy that look perfect. It all worked out.

BLKnCHRME09Deluxe 11-22-2008 04:41 PM

I just got rippied off from a seller from e-bay.(chubby wo503) The guy had listed as like new but when i recieved looked like SH*T!!! Anybody else with this problem about getting ripped off from sellers from e-bay I could ship back but i would still get stiffed for shipping back plus time to dispute the item. Which is b*llsh*t.:mad:.....item number 270300482086

Well i just dropped these bars off at the chrome plating shop it cost me $85.00 bucks to have replated and 4 days of waiting time so they told me they would be plating these bars with a thicker chrome plating and they will look brand new after this is done. i hope so!!! so my total for these are $180.00. ($95.00 e-bay cost/$85.00 replating). For used bars unreal isnt it!!!! $30.00 + shipping more bucks and could have had brand new (204.95+shipping new) ! oh well live and learn....screw used items on e-bay. this will never happen again to me! not buying another used part again.

anubisss 11-22-2008 04:50 PM

Got a "fatboy" anniversary gas tank but it turned out to be for a road king. I turned around and sold it for $100 profit. All other experiences have been good.

Alain 11-22-2008 04:56 PM

alot of a$$holes on ebay

Reverend 11-22-2008 04:59 PM

Never had an issue on ebay & bought loads unseen fom the 'states. You don't sound the reasonable sort, so maybe you shouldn't buy used again...and not from me, anyway!!

BLKnCHRME09Deluxe 11-22-2008 05:06 PM

Dont worry reverend

Originally Posted by Reverend (Post 4147598)
Never had an issue on ebay & bought loads unseen fom the 'states. You don't sound the reasonable sort, so maybe you shouldn't buy used again...and not from me, anyway!!

so would you say that this is my fault reverend? NO I DONT THINK SO!!!! the seller is the one who lied about his listing and i was the idiot who trusted him to be honest. i guess you would consider yourself as one not to be trusted if you follow the same selling patterns as this guy. so dont worry. I WONT BE BUYING ANYTHING FROM YOU!!!!

calin 11-22-2008 05:27 PM

I just got rippied off from a seller from e-bay.(chubby wo503) The guy had listed as like new but when i recieved looked like SH*T!!! Anybody else with this problem about getting ripped off from sellers from e-bay I could ship back but i would still get stiffed for shipping back plus time to dispute the item. Which is b*llsh*t.:mad:.....item number 270300482086

Watch for this sc@mbag, another liar punk on e-bay

Seller's ID: mel3753
Seller's Email: momo28@xxxxxx.net