Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All Fatboy's with sissy bar and backrest pad

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 10:28 AM
P'colaHarley-17RGS
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 49 Likes on 32 Posts
Default All Fatboy's with sissy bar and backrest pad

I have 52754-04 Medalion Style sissy bar and 52347-97 Pad and all the hardware etc... on layaway at local hd shop (almost paid in full.)

52754-04 52347-97

TK353 (Bob) almost has me convinced to go with HaulenAss. That'd be great to save the money and not have to have my tail light relocated. Probably end up costing me considerably less than half what it's going to cost me if I go the route I'm headed now.

HAULEN ***

No brainer right? Well here's my dilemma... I like the height on the sissy bar I have on layaway and the pad is wide and looks like my stock seat. The HaulenAss sissy bar isn't that high and I'm not sure about the pad?

Here's what I would like...

Any Fatboy owners that have either backrest installed and can post photos and tell me whether they're happy with their choice or wish they had gone the other route?

thanks in advance.

Last edited by P'colaHarley-17RGS; 12-17-2008 at 10:35 AM.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:15 AM
eagle1eye
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the HD low backrest upright and HD fatboy pad. I personally am very happy with mine. I prefer the look & fit of the HD backrest. You don't have to relocate your tailights either. I modified my detachable sideplates to fit around the stock tailight on each side. Took a die grinder and about half and hours time. I have a pic of the sideplate on my photo page. I wasn't happy with the relocation kit.

Old 12-17-2008, 11:23 AM
hellfish
Tourer

Personally, I like the look of the traditional sissy bar (I like the medallions on the back, I have a Willie G skull on mine) ...not a fan of the look of the Haulin *** one. I guess it comes down to what style you like.

Last edited by hellfish; 12-17-2008 at 11:26 AM.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:32 AM
P'colaHarley-17RGS
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by eagle1eye
I have the HD low backrest upright and HD fatboy pad. I personally am very happy with mine. I prefer the look & fit of the HD backrest. You don't have to relocate your tailights either. I modified my detachable sideplates to fit around the stock tailight on each side. Took a die grinder and about half and hours time. I have a pic of the sideplate on my photo page. I wasn't happy with the relocation kit.

Beautiful bike man... hey, I can't tell exactly what it is you did. You grinded on the lights near the fender where the bracket fits over them when you're using the backrest?

Old 12-17-2008, 11:34 AM
P'colaHarley-17RGS
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by hellfish
Personally, I like the look of the traditional sissy bar (I like the medallions on the back, I have a Willie G skull on mine) ...not a fan of the look of the Haulin *** one. I guess it comes down to what style you like.

Yeah I don't blame you... that's probably the sharpest looking backrest I've seen. Now you got me wondering whether or not to change mine? lol

Actually that looks like the same one I have (on layaway) just a different design on the back... is it the same? Is the plate on the back interchangeable?

Last edited by P'colaHarley-17RGS; 12-17-2008 at 11:37 AM.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:00 PM
tlb
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the same set up you are getting, sorry no photo, I have the HD Fatboy pad sitting on a shelf. I replaced it mainly for one reason. I have three different sissybar bags. none of them fit around the HD Fatboy pad, its to wide. The next thing is you mentioned the stock seat. I would replace it, same look but much better sundowner; I recovered mine in leather and stingray. I also have the HD sidekick leather seat.

Old 12-17-2008, 12:08 PM
smitbrad
Tourer

I went with a the medium low backrest and pad. Since this picture was taken I also changed the seat, however it still looked good with the stock seat. Also get yourself the luggage rack. You'll find you use it a lot!

Attached Thumbnails All Fatboy's with sissy bar and backrest pad-img_0673.jpg  
Old 12-17-2008, 12:26 PM
hellfish
Tourer

Actually that looks like the same one I have (on layaway) just a different design on the back... is it the same? Is the plate on the back interchangeable?
Thanks man! I like it. Yeah its the same sissy bar. They have a few different medallions you can get and pop on the back from Harley. You can get one that suits your style. They just adhere flat on the back of your sissy with some industrial 3M tape (included on back of medallion)

on page 3 and 4 they have some different medalions listed you can stick to the back.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/brows...e=en_US&page=3

Last edited by hellfish; 12-17-2008 at 12:31 PM.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:56 PM
Harley03joe
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I Went With A Springer Seat And Back Rest,, Also I Got The Springer Pass V-rail And Tall Back Rest, Looks Good Also

Old 12-17-2008, 01:15 PM
hellfish
Tourer

Wow, that's a sharp bike!!

Quick Reply: All Fatboy's with sissy bar and backrest pad