Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turned the Fat Boy into a bagger...

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 04:32 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Turned the Fat Boy into a bagger...

Yeah right...

That will be a cold day in hell! ...

But I do need a bag to put the registration and will eventually fit inside also a garage door-opener with an external switch (I saw a nice how-to for under $50 bux somewhere in here). So, so far the only thing I had was the windshield bag (and since I'm not putting on the windshield ever again) took the bag off of the lexan and looked for a place to fix it. I found a nut behind the license plate and fitted perfectly, not sure about the looks but it works for keeping a few items...

Mimo.

Old 01-06-2009, 04:39 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Looks good.

I had a bag made by HD on my first Sporster that went there and worked well .Only problem was it wore away the paint on the fender, be careful.

Old 01-06-2009, 04:39 PM
TIPN8R
Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

Mimo,

I guess you can say mine is a windshield bag, even though I don't own a shield, but it comes in quite handy for the little things such as registration, rags, plugs, tools, emergency kit(my kit is a custom one off kit, consists of the following: 4 condoms, spool of duct & electrical tape, mechanics wire, tongue depressors, chewing gum, and a few other must have items)
Also makes a great way to stash a couple of cold ones for those long azz rides.

Old 01-06-2009, 04:41 PM
Silver Ghost
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice, must have set you back a bit, but sure does look good. But I still don't think the baggers will let you join there forum.

Last edited by Silver Ghost; 01-06-2009 at 04:50 PM. Reason: because I can.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:48 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member

Thanks guys,

Xaran, that is my only concern, I'm gonna take it off put some black micro-fiber at the bottom surface and presto! Thanks for the tip.

Tipster, thank you for the emergency kit check list

SGhost, I actually payed the equivalent to $20 bucks back in those days, I asked the guy at the dealership how much that was and he gave me a pretty good deal because the darn thing was bulking his inventory, I guess it was pretty damn ugly for someone to get it

Mimo.

Old 01-06-2009, 04:57 PM
Silver Ghost
Cruiser

I took my windshield of too Mimo, and it's staying off, and it has the pouch too. I don't need it though, the guy that sold me the bike threw in leather saddle bags and a leather beer box, It does almost look like a bagger with all that on.

Old 01-06-2009, 05:09 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member

pst, pst... don't tell anyone...

My bike used to be a bagger wanna-be long time ago (back in 1999)... now those fugly bags did set me back big time and they're put away for good!

Mimo.

Last edited by mimo; 01-06-2009 at 05:14 PM.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:14 PM
learfxr
Tourer

Did a post today about installing the Rocker bag up front. It will fit if it's something you are interested in as an alternative. You can get it for around $65-70 if ya order it from a place like Chicago Harley with 20% off. If the bag you already own fits between the forks you could fab up a bracket and mount it under the front from the headlight bolt like the Rocker bag.

Old 01-06-2009, 05:20 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by learfxr
Did a post today about installing the Rocker bag up front. It will fit if it's something you are interested in as an alternative. You can get it for around $65-70 if ya order it from a place like Chicago Harley with 20% off. If the bag you already own fits between the forks you could fab up a bracket and mount it under the front from the headlight bolt like the Rocker bag.
Not a bad idea at all... for a stock front end. I switched front fenders from the OEM to a "higher" after market one to receive the 21"er wheel, so in between that and the headlight nacelle... its a no-go, there is not much room in there considering the shock's travel, but thanks anyway.

Mimo.

Old 01-06-2009, 05:22 PM
RDKingRider
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mimo, don't look bad, but I would worry about the wear on the paint. Have you thought about the side chrome tool kit. They are not bad looking and they are chrome.

Quick Reply: Turned the Fat Boy into a bagger...