Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fatboy with hard bags

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 11:24 PM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Fatboy with hard bags

anyone here with hard bags on their Fatboy? photos? thanks

Old 02-03-2009, 08:41 PM
dc4stroke
Road Captain
Default bags

We talkin' painted or leather covered like a road king classic? I could see it.....But I don't have no picks of one. I'll look around for a pic or two. I know I've seen some online somewhere. I'll be changing over to a fat boy rear fender with road king bags sometime this year. Fender first.....bags later.

Last edited by dc4stroke; 02-03-2009 at 08:43 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 02-03-2009, 09:44 PM
MNFatboy
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's a link that shows touring bags on a softail.

http://www.cyclevisions.com/bag-moun...black-cv7200a/

Old 02-03-2009, 10:11 PM
aviator
Elite HDF Member

I'm thinking Road King leather ones. just WAY too much involved to get hard ones, and then get them painted to match the bike. I was hoping someone had them on their Fatboy - I'm interested in how they match the curve of the rear fender. it's got to look right before I'll do them. I swapped the stock pipes for Heritage/Custom pipes - so, I should have clearance. I've seen the mounts that Cycle Visions sells, and think they might work for me.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:39 AM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have Harley's leather bags (which have hard-plastic linner). I added the "removal" kit so I can lift-off the bags pretty easy, but are solid-mounted (with bracket) when they are on there.

They weren't cheap ($700 +) and had to make my own rear turn signal extensions because I didn't like Harley's round posts they want you to use.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:24 AM
anubisss
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Hard bags are always an expensive mod. I wanted to this as well, but too pricey for me. Not worth it.

Old 02-04-2009, 10:10 AM
aviator
Elite HDF Member

I have a swingarm bag, and love it. it just won't hold much. since moving to San Diego, I find I need to be able to carry a jacket and/or chaps back home after early morning rides. then again, it may be srping before I find anything I can afford and like... so, it'll be moot until next fall.

Old 02-04-2009, 11:12 AM
coop57
Tourer

I run US bags they advertise here on the forum
Hard plastic covered with leather I think they follow the lines of the fender better than any other aftermarket bag. I did modify the mounts to lower them 2"

Old 02-09-2009, 09:00 PM
icdred
Advanced

I was just going to start another thread about this as well. I just picked up a set of Street Glide hard bags for my 02 Fatboy and I am trying to piece the rest of this conversion together. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I know someone has done this before but I have had one hell of a time finding pictures of other info on the install. I have decided I am either going to fabricate my own mounts or purchase these http://www.cyclevisions.com/bag-moun...black-cv7200a/

I am torn on what to do about turn signals though. I have seen some custom baggers with countersunk signals in the rear of the bag and I have seen some license plate mounted ones. Anyone have any links to some custom turn signal ideas? Anyone have any other links to threads that may have already covered this topic? I have tried searching and have not really come up with anything solid.

I will probably start my own thread when I do gather all the pieces and start the build. Oh and by the way my bags will be for sale after I get the hard bags installed

http://www.cyclevisions.com/bag-moun...black-cv7200a/

Old 02-09-2009, 09:10 PM
acchd
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

I've seen some Heritages on here using the Cycle Visions brackets but I don't beleive I seen a Fatboy.

Quick Reply: Fatboy with hard bags