Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker touring system on a Rocker C?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 10:59 PM
Toneaero
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rocker touring system on a Rocker C?

Does any one know if the Rocker touring system pictured here:

will fit a standard Rocker C seat? (FXCWC) Or do I have to have a FXCW seat to fit the touring system?

I wasn't sure if the Rocker C seat was too wide for the struts from the touring system to fit. Any one know if the only differences between the Rocker seats (FXCW vs FXCWC) is the seat height?

Old 03-05-2009, 11:04 PM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

yeah it fits
seat height is bout 1 1/2 "or so difference
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...-rocker-c.html check this link

Last edited by m i k e; 03-05-2009 at 11:08 PM.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:10 PM
Joe What
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dont think it will fit. The C seat utilizes the same mounting points as the touring brackets..

Old 03-05-2009, 11:13 PM
DragonSlayer08
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The system will fit the Rocker C, but I do not believe it will fit with the FXCWC seat. You would have to remove the struts every time you wanted to use the trick seat on the FXCWC, and as Joe What says:

Originally Posted by Joe What
The C seat utilizes the same mounting points as the touring brackets..
I have read elsewhere that the FXCW seat is more comfortable.

Old 03-05-2009, 11:14 PM
5speedblu
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you are asking will the trick seat work with the touring.
If so, the answer is "no" if you have the FXCWC you will need the FXCW seat before you attach the touring seat.
The struts bolt to the frame in the same place that the supports bolt to in the trick seat.
I have a FXCW seat on me "C" and it is more comfy than the trick seat and it looks better.
I think I paid $150.00 from the stealer for it and $60.00 for the paint matched side caps
and yes the FXCW seat is lower

Old 03-05-2009, 11:46 PM
rockerheadsteve
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Toneaero
Does any one know if the Rocker touring system pictured here:

will fit a standard Rocker C seat? (FXCWC) Or do I have to have a FXCW seat to fit the touring system?

I wasn't sure if the Rocker C seat was too wide for the struts from the touring system to fit. Any one know if the only differences between the Rocker seats (FXCW vs FXCWC) is the seat height?
I hear ya Toneaero, I don't know, seems like you could take the trick seat hardware off and just purchase the 2 up for the fxcw and not have to do a seat swap. Something I'd like to know myself.

Old 03-06-2009, 12:26 AM
5speedblu
Road Captain

The seat on the “c” has a plastic rear support and will break if you remove the metal strut like supports& sit on the seat.
Also it will sag and twist and not support a rider with the strut removed.

It will also look weird ,as the 2 seats are cut different. I will try to take a pic of both and you will see what I mean.
If you purchase the FXCW seat it comes with a nice black painted metal support (that won’t fit with the trick seat). You do not need the grommets, my dealer sold me new grommets & bolts.
The ones in the stock pan will work.
I use both setups and change my seat from the trick seat to the FXCW seat often, it gets easy after a few times, try to remember to cover the rear fender with a towel when you do this.
The trick seat set up is heavy and it can drop on the fender easy, also do not completely take off one side then the other, loosen up both sides & remove the middle pices then take the sides off.
Or have someone to hold things for you the 1st time, you’ll see what I mean. Good luck

Old 03-06-2009, 09:31 PM
rockerheadsteve
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by 5speedblu
The seat on the “c” has a plastic rear support and will break if you remove the metal strut like supports& sit on the seat.
Also it will sag and twist and not support a rider with the strut removed.

It will also look weird ,as the 2 seats are cut different. I will try to take a pic of both and you will see what I mean.
If you purchase the FXCW seat it comes with a nice black painted metal support (that won’t fit with the trick seat). You do not need the grommets, my dealer sold me new grommets & bolts.
The ones in the stock pan will work.
I use both setups and change my seat from the trick seat to the FXCW seat often, it gets easy after a few times, try to remember to cover the rear fender with a towel when you do this.
The trick seat set up is heavy and it can drop on the fender easy, also do not completely take off one side then the other, loosen up both sides & remove the middle pices then take the sides off.
Or have someone to hold things for you the 1st time, you’ll see what I mean. Good luck
What about the new struts from the fxcw? Why wouldn't they support it? They mount in the same location. I couldn't imagine sitting on the C seat with out it supported.

Old 03-06-2009, 10:13 PM
5speedblu
Road Captain

The struts that come with the trick seat act as a stop, this allows the design to have a plastic backing cover.
Without the flared in struts on the trick seat, it would not support the weight of the rider.
The FXCW seat comes with a solid steel backing support it is not tapered to fit the trick seat. And it is contoured to the back of the non trick seat, you can’t see it. But you can feel it behind the seat. It bolts to the frame and keeos the seat from sagging.
Witch by the way makes me wonder, you can grab the FXCW seat from the back and lift it up and easily & un-hook it from under the tank. This is the only HD I know of with a snap in seat. It requires no bolts to remove only a tug!!! At least if someone steals it they will have to buy the support
In short if you remove the struts of the trick seat to accommodate the touring, the trick seat will fall between the struts, the plastic backing cover will not hold weight and you will break the plastic part.
The seat will have no support in the back and will flex/sag and hit the fender.
The FXCW seats steel back support is the only thing holding that seat from hitting the fender, the struts do not play a role in supporting the FXCW seat.
The struts on the trick seat however do hold the seat up keeping it from sliding back along with the 2 bolts at the front hinge.
The FXCW seat has no bolts and is held to the frame by the grommets & it is kept from sliding back by the steel seat backer which is a separate part.
This is the best way I can explain it, take your struts off and put a towel on your fender and sit on your seat you will see what I mean, remember to loosen up both sides then take out the middle, then the sides.
Hope this helps.

Old 03-06-2009, 10:17 PM
5speedblu
Road Captain

oh, they do mount in the same location but they flare out wider to get around the FXCW seat.
the FXCW seat is wider then th "C" seat at the bottom, so the "C" seat will fall between the touring struts.

Quick Reply: Rocker touring system on a Rocker C?