Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Military riders, Hate your safety vest? Check out this new jacket/vest..

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 07:28 AM
deadeye
Road Warrior
Received 92 Likes on 57 Posts
Cool Military riders, Hate your safety vest? Check out this new jacket/vest..

I was actually thinking of making something like this, a vest with a "road guard" vest sewn inside so it could be flipped over for riding on base.

BTW - Don't reply with something about breaking rules. I'm retired and don't care. Just want to ride and not look like a crossing guard.

http://www.stpaulharley.com/Men-s-Cu...97340-10vm.htm

Old 12-14-2009, 08:12 AM
tlb
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I am retired too, Ft Sill does not make us wear a vest by default. I can wear either a contrasting color type of jacket, a reflective PT belt, or reflective vest.
During the summer I wear a mesh jacket with a gray reflective stripe, it meets the long sleeve requirement too.
In the winter, I just wear the PT belt.
However, I only go out there a few time a week, to use the gym.

Old 12-14-2009, 09:12 AM
low23
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've wondered that about Sill, I've been to a lot of different bases and you always see something different, I'm surprised it's not the same for every base.

Old 12-14-2009, 09:39 AM
RedBen
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Navy regs don't make you wear a vest except at night or in bad weather, but specific bases might either through local regs or security not knowing that things have changed.

Old 12-14-2009, 09:41 AM
RedBen
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool product though. It's not worth the money to me though. Maybe if it were just the vest part for alot less money.

Last edited by RedBen; 12-14-2009 at 09:43 AM.
Old 12-14-2009, 12:54 PM
SoftailSlim
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tlb
I am retired too, Ft Sill does not make us wear a vest by default. I can wear either a contrasting color type of jacket, a reflective PT belt, or reflective vest.
During the summer I wear a mesh jacket with a gray reflective stripe, it meets the long sleeve requirement too.
In the winter, I just wear the PT belt.
However, I only go out there a few time a week, to use the gym.
After looking at your pictures and seeing your beer belly, it makes me wonder if maybe its not a gym, but a tavern called 'The Gym' that you ride to a few times a week... lol

Old 12-14-2009, 01:26 PM
tlb
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Out of all of the things to look at in my album, you are looking at my belly? Its not beer, I do not drink, to many potatoes with dinner. Its being Native American, my body processes sugars differently. I still run daily and workout. I guess part of getting older, I should just hang up working out and decrease my entire body size.

Originally Posted by SoftailSlim
After looking at your pictures and seeing your beer belly, it makes me wonder if maybe its not a gym, but a tavern called 'The Gym' that you ride to a few times a week... lol

Last edited by tlb; 12-14-2009 at 01:39 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 04:12 PM
deadeye
Road Warrior
Received 92 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by RedBen
Cool product though. It's not worth the money to me though. Maybe if it were just the vest part for alot less money.
You are right, I wish it was just the vest part for less $. At PACAF bases its vests all the time, night and day.

Old 12-14-2009, 05:16 PM
2XNightTrain
Road Master
Default Hurlburt Field and Eglin

I think that the Wing CCs there HATE bikers. They make it difficult at best to ride on base and there are multiple hoops to jump through before the process is complete. Afterwards, you almost have to leave the gate looking like the Michelin man. I see lots of guys who ditch most of their gear after leaving base and then putting it back on before they return (long sleeve shirts, gloves, boots over ankles, vest, pants etc)

Old 12-14-2009, 05:37 PM
dyna105
Road Master
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

The vest looks close to the ones I use for hunting. Just don't have the black reverisable.

Quick Reply: Military riders, Hate your safety vest? Check out this new jacket/vest..