Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X Bones: Some stuff I have been doing to my Springer front end...

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 04:33 PM
C. Numb
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mimo
Awesome brother, the bike's looking better and better. I'd look for another spot to set the front turn signals, but that's JMHO. If the browned stuff turns green it will look even better...

Mimo.
Not only am I going to move them, I'm going to shrink them too.

You think you can match your swing-arm bag with your seat/pssgr seat color? That would look bitchin'

Mimo.
I eventually am just going to call Duane Ballard and ask him to do it. He made the seat, so he is probably the only one who can match it. I dont know anything about that leather working stuff.

Old 01-30-2010, 04:38 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Your bikes is insane. I really want to start adding brass to my bike, grips, pegs, risers, etc, but I don't know. If you can get the solo bag to match the seat, that will take it to yet another level. You bones is already head and shoulders above 99% out there.

Old 01-30-2010, 04:54 PM
busch
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is one good looking bike C. colors are awesome nice mix, the aging processes is over the top
gotta go with mimo turns dont cut it maybe smoked lens
keep going you are so on it
keep them pics coming way cool

Old 01-31-2010, 07:30 AM
C. Numb
Road Captain

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
Your bikes is insane. I really want to start adding brass to my bike, grips, pegs, risers, etc, but I don't know. If you can get the solo bag to match the seat, that will take it to yet another level. You bones is already head and shoulders above 99% out there.
Thanks! There are some other really great ones on this site. What I like about it is that we all went different directions with the cross bones, yet they all turned out pretty cool. It is a very versatile bike. Some people made it look like an old knuck, others went for a modern bobber look, while others went industrial, one guy went military, etc, etc, etc, and they all came out looking great.

I am eventually going to do the matching bag thing. I might have to send the seat out to CA for DB to properly match it. If that's the case, it will probably wait until next winter.

Old 01-31-2010, 07:32 AM
C. Numb
Road Captain

Originally Posted by busch
That is one good looking bike C. colors are awesome nice mix, the aging processes is over the top
gotta go with mimo turns dont cut it maybe smoked lens
keep going you are so on it
keep them pics coming way cool
Thank you!
The signals are going to be relocated lower down. They are also going to be replaced by much smaller lights.

Old 01-31-2010, 08:42 AM
RNBONES
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

C., your bike is crazy!!!!!!!! Head and shoulders above everybody! Keep it up, i gotta get up there this summer and see her in person!!!

Old 01-31-2010, 11:16 AM
snook592
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by C. Numb
Not only am I going to move them, I'm going to shrink them too.

I eventually am just going to call Duane Ballard and ask him to do it. He made the seat, so he is probably the only one who can match it. I dont know anything about that leather working stuff.

Numb first of all the bike is getting better and better. Love the way the springs and sh*t turned out.

I noticed that the fuel gauge is gone. What are planning on putting in that hole???

As for the swing arm bag. If you are gonna get rid of it let me me know as I would love to take it off your hands.

Old 01-31-2010, 11:18 AM
static1
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ya bike looks great. those risers are so nice where they from?

Old 01-31-2010, 01:55 PM
C. Numb
Road Captain

Originally Posted by RNBONES
C., your bike is crazy!!!!!!!! Head and shoulders above everybody! Keep it up, i gotta get up there this summer and see her in person!!!
Absolutely! As soon as we get some decent riding weather!

Originally Posted by snook592
Numb first of all the bike is getting better and better. Love the way the springs and sh*t turned out.

I noticed that the fuel gauge is gone. What are planning on putting in that hole???

As for the swing arm bag. If you are gonna get rid of it let me me know as I would love to take it off your hands.
The fuel gauge is actually there. It is the flush mount ones that Harley sells. You have first dibs if I sell the bag.

Originally Posted by static1
ya bike looks great. those risers are so nice where they from?
They are from DMC Choppers. They make great risers. Good, heavy, solid pieces. And they work with aluminum, brass, and they are one of the few shops out there with a "bronze" option. Bronze is such an interesting metal, I couldn't resist. Here is a link: DMC CHOPPER!!!

Old 01-31-2010, 02:13 PM
GymRat523
Road Warrior

You think you can match your swing-arm bag with your seat/pssgr seat color? That would look bitchin'

Mimo.
I agree, never ends, got the bag 1st now it's wrong. Might see my bag on ebay soon. Keep posting pics I really like seeing what you are doing.

Quick Reply: X Bones: Some stuff I have been doing to my Springer front end...