Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DNA Springer or Demon Cycle

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 05:53 AM
skipper469
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm not sure, but I'd do more research, and maybe wait any save some extra coin for a quality and reliable springer front end. You get what you pay for in my experience. Good luck!

Old 02-09-2010, 05:59 AM
JustDave71
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
Demon cycles is run out of an apartment in OC. Do a forum search and a bit of reading before ordering through them.
OC...FL, right? Thought they were in Pompano Beach?

And...I am damn near positive they don't actually manufacture their own parts. I was under the impression they carry the asian brands like DNA and Ultima? I've heard MANY horror stories about them. There are retailers who deserve our money much, much more.

to the OP...the person I quoted above^^^ has a GREAT rep on here. Just a thought. You might spend a bit more but you'll be supporting a business that deserves it AND you'll be able to turn to them when you need to. Demon's Cycle not so much.

Old 02-09-2010, 06:02 AM
JustDave71
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by JimStro16
Any other ideas on where to buy a reasonable priced springer setup? How about DNA? They arent far off on the price from Demon. I have read the bad reviews about them before . I ordered a shift rod form them last week just as a test to see how the product is. $49 total. I havent recieved it yet but I figured this would let me see some of the products they are distributing before pulling the trigger on the expensive stuff.
Just to reiterate, I'm damn close to positive that Demons does not manufacture the products they sell, SO, if you buy from them you're most likely buying DNA or Ultima or one of the other Asian-made brands.

Seriously...talk to Dr. V-Twin. Spend a couple hundred more if you have to...it is, after all, the front end on your bike! Kinda important!

Old 02-09-2010, 06:15 AM
skipper469
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by JustDave71
OC...FL, right? Thought they were in Pompano Beach?

And...I am damn near positive they don't actually manufacture their own parts. I was under the impression they carry the asian brands like DNA and Ultima? I've heard MANY horror stories about them. There are retailers who deserve our money much, much more.

to the OP...the person I quoted above^^^ has a GREAT rep on here. Just a thought. You might spend a bit more but you'll be supporting a business that deserves it AND you'll be able to turn to them when you need to. Demon's Cycle not so much.
Well put! Going with a reputable dealer and site sponsor like Dr. V-Twin is the first and best decision to make. I speak from experience. I've tried cutting corners and got the service and quality I paid for from multiple vendors and products. In the end, I ended up spending close to the same amount of money as the top quality product I originally wanted without any pain in the ***. I've already spend several thousands of dollars with Dr. V-Twin, and I've also saved a BUNDLE compared to anyone else's prices. During this process of finding the best product and price through the Dr. , I also received the BEST customer service and respect from any business I've ever dealt with.

Old 02-09-2010, 06:33 AM
JustDave71
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by skipper469
Well put! Going with a reputable dealer and site sponsor like Dr. V-Twin is the first and best decision to make. I speak from experience. I've tried cutting corners and got the service and quality I paid for from multiple vendors and products. In the end, I ended up spending close to the same amount of money as the top quality product I originally wanted without any pain in the ***. I've already spend several thousands of dollars with Dr. V-Twin, and I've also saved a BUNDLE compared to anyone else's prices. During this process of finding the best product and price through the Dr. , I also received the BEST customer service and respect from any business I've ever dealt with.
I haven't dealt with Dr V-Twin yet, but I am thoroughly impressed with how glowing the reviews are! I hope they can keep a nice balance between furthering their business and maintaining customer service! I also hope that at some point I can put them to good use! I'm looking to some day ground-up my 94 Softail and would LOVE for one place to be able to do at least the majority of it! Pretty sure they're "just" a parts shop, not full service, no?

Old 02-09-2010, 07:02 AM
Nickrc3
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Demon cycles is run out of an apartment in OC.
Maybe were talking about two different vendors?
Last summer I was in the market for new apes, controls, grips, risers, mirrors, etc. and took notice on the impressive prices within their website. Since their local for me I decided to pay them a visit. Demon's showroom/warehouse is in Pompano Beach, right off of I-95. Upon entering the showroom I was greeted by a friendly guy named 'AL', and a cool Siamese cat. He gave me and my riding bud a tour of the entire warehouse. I thought they had quite a large inventory, sealed boxes, shelfed & neatly organized. Al was very patient in my selection, even opening several sealed boxes to make a comparison of products and styles. The business didn't appear to manufacture anything unless its done at another location.
Regarding the quality of merchandise - what I received was perfect and continues to hold up (its all Pacific Rim stuff anyway's), however, did have to rebuild the master cylinder. I couldn't get the damn thing to pump up. Found a metal burr lodged inside the orifice, which damaged the seal. No big deal. A $23.00 rebuilding kit solved it. So that's my experience...

Old 02-09-2010, 09:36 AM
The Donald
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I was in the market for a springer , I did all the research ...and you get what you pay for ..400 bucks for a springer made overseas is just that .. I heard positve and also negatives (mostly negatives) ... spend a few more bucks and go for a paughco... around 1300 or 1400 bucks , U.S.A. made... and good ppl to deal with .

Old 02-09-2010, 09:49 AM
Branner
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Agree with above, Paughco is the way to go if it were my *** in the seat.

+6?? What else are you doing to compensate for that mod?

Old 02-09-2010, 02:15 PM
Flying Horse
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Whatever springer you chose you will need one with a shock or you will NOT like the ride. Remember the old saying; you get what you pay for.

Old 02-09-2010, 02:35 PM
JustDave71
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Flying Horse
Whatever springer you chose you will need one with a shock or you will NOT like the ride. Remember the old saying; you get what you pay for.
Is it still a springer if you put a shock in there?

Quick Reply: DNA Springer or Demon Cycle