Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tell me what your fa. most unique mod

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 09:16 AM
hhiii
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tell me what your fa. most unique mod

Show us some pictures!!!

Mine is running my front brake through my badlands 12" 1.25" bars. had to hunt down a smaller braded line that I could put the ends on myself. I found it at a NASCAR shop in concord nc... worked out like a champ and with smaller dia. line the pressure in the line is also increased and is more sensative which I like as well..

most fun though not a mod. was the deletion of my rear pegs.. to me nothing hotter than hotmomma on the back wraping her legs around my waste. made it a challenge with the foot clutch at first but not anymore.

Attached Thumbnails Tell me what your fa. most unique mod-dsc_0116.jpg  
Old 03-06-2010, 12:52 PM
travis dasher
Road Captain

That smaller braided line is an awesome idea. Outside the box thinking, I dig it. My favorite most unique mod is my bandana front fender. It sits just above the front tire. Is it as functional as the stock front fender? Absolutely not, but it looks cool and is a conversation starter. When it gets frayed and tattered, I pull into Wal-Mart and buy a 3 pack of bandanas for $5 and replace it. Some like it others don't. I dont care either way, I like it.

Old 03-06-2010, 12:56 PM
Joe What
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hhiii
Show us some pictures!!!

Mine is running my front brake through my badlands 12" 1.25" bars. had to hunt down a smaller braded line that I could put the ends on myself. I found it at a NASCAR shop in concord nc... worked out like a champ and with smaller dia. line the pressure in the line is also increased and is more sensative which I like as well..

most fun though not a mod. was the deletion of my rear pegs.. to me nothing hotter than hotmomma on the back wraping her legs around my waste. made it a challenge with the foot clutch at first but not anymore.
That is way cool... Mine was swapping out my frontend, gave the scoot a whole new look...

Old 03-06-2010, 04:40 PM
SvensHD
6th Gear

Mine was (as of now) taking an older original 6" round HD air cleaner and modifying it to fit on my '07' springer. Had to machine an aluminum 'adapter' to match up to the DM manifold and the 'slightly' modified backing plate of the old air cleaner assy. Modifying the backing plate wasn't as bad as firt thought, just some machining on the old mill. Originally I was trying to find an original 'J-Slot' assembly, but those are pretty hard to come by and pricey as well. I'm still looking for an original 'J-Slot' to swap out, but for the money and looks this one will work for now. I also added a reproduction 'cleaning' tag to the top of it, like the old 'J-Slots' had. Hope to add some more (current) pics as soon as 'we' thaw out.

Old 03-07-2010, 07:50 AM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

my tail and tag as i made it myself. the inspection has been relocated

Attached Thumbnails Tell me what your fa. most unique mod-dsc01854c.jpg  
Old 03-07-2010, 07:57 AM
SeMiGoD
Tourer

No pics as of yet as the project is still underway. Im doin a 5 degree rake with 4 over tubes all in black with smooth top 3trees

Old 03-07-2010, 08:25 AM
Rockyriver
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Mine would be lowering my bike with a Progressive front lowering kit and 422's in the rear,

Old 03-07-2010, 08:49 AM
bikermike2
Tourer
Talking

heres mine turning the trickseat into a backrest.

Attached Thumbnails Tell me what your fa. most unique mod-img_1325.jpg   Tell me what your fa. most unique mod-img_1328.jpg  

Last edited by bikermike2; 03-07-2010 at 08:58 AM.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:32 AM
DR.Greenthumb
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine would be the extended rear fender and inlaid tailight

Old 03-07-2010, 10:52 AM
Lundee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Now that is a badass idea greenthumb

Quick Reply: Tell me what your fa. most unique mod