Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black matt Rocker?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 12:10 PM
masar
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Talked wih vinyl company today. They make cars and have experience. They told me that black matt will be almost impossible for bike. Too difficult to cover gas tank - it must be realy forced to make it and foil gets by forcing glossy.

So i have to paint it. I hope paint wont get glossy after some time by washing, etc..

Old 03-08-2010, 03:32 PM
Rail
Road Master

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

SEM HotRod black.. $70 for the complete kit.. One coat spray with now clear coat.. Just what you're lookin for..

Old 03-08-2010, 04:13 PM
TENN C Rocker
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn that looks good!

Old 03-09-2010, 06:31 AM
masar
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Rail
SEM HotRod black.. $70 for the complete kit.. One coat spray with now clear coat.. Just what you're lookin for..
Great kit but it looks like its impossible to ship oversea propably due to some security reasons and not available in Europe.

I will talk with my paint shop what they can do. Only think i am realy upset is the oil tank, wondering if would be possible to paint it on bike without removal.

Old 03-09-2010, 08:08 AM
Rail
Road Master

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Buy a service manual if you haven't already.. Oil tank removal isn't as bad as you might think.. You Euro paint shops will have something similar to the SEM kits I'm sure.. If the oil bag scares you then pull the tins and paint then see if the oil bag really looks out of place.. Might just blend in with your black engine and gloss black frame..

Old 03-09-2010, 11:50 AM
masar
Road Captain

I will get the service manual, thanks a lot for support

I am now searching for some inspiration. The bike should be matt black with some red details. I have it just in my head but would like to see some similar concepts to make sure its good idea. Thinking about some matt red thin lines around tank/fenders or I got idea to copy original Rocker flames but make them in matt red. But only the lines of the flames. The original grey inside of the flames would stay matt black. What do you think?

Also i want to have red line around the wheels. I will propably buy Renegade Tahoe multipiece wheels - black lip, chrome center, black hub. I love them but the price is little bit too much. Just now trying myself to accept that high price for them

If anyone has some pictures of matt black with red details , would be great. I know only V-Rod Nightrod which is close.