Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saddlemen Explorer seat issue??

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 10:39 PM
harleyheaven
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Saddlemen Explorer seat issue??

I've been looking for a new 2 up seat. I have back issues so it needs to be something super comfortable for those long rides and a decent look wouldn't hurt. I have been considering a Saddlemen Explorer seat because of the good comments about it's comfort and it looks pretty good. My only issue so far is with the Saddlehyde. It will need to match my HD leather covered hard bags and HD backrest pad I've seen some comments about the look of the material...that it is gray in color and it kind of looks like suede. Others including Saddlemen say that it is black and has a matte finish and will match fine. Saddlemen is supposed to be sending me a swatch of the Saddlehyde material so I can see for myself. I don't want to drop $$$ on a seat and hate the covering. Any you guys have or seen a Saddlemen seat covered with this Saddlehyde and can shed some light on my problem?

Old 11-06-2010, 01:46 AM
1peter
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you get the answer to your question ?? Because i just ordered one (King seat) and i am wondering the same thing ? I have also read that saddlemen seats can scratch the paintwork because the cover is riveted on and they don't cover the base of the seat with anything + i just read that they don't supply the rear mounting bracket for their explorer seat ?? Does that mean my King seat won't have one ?? Is there anyone out there who owns a saddlemen seat and knows the facts about these three issues ??

Last edited by 1peter; 11-06-2010 at 02:15 AM.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:43 AM
Colorado08FLSTCI
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On a slow aircard so it's difficult to look it up myself, but if you go to my profile and look for all posts made by me, I talk about the rear bracket issue and another install issue I had. Got it resolved and explained how in the posts.

As for the scratching issue, haven't noticed anything. The color issue, mine looks good. The seat and the backrest are two different kinds of leather and in all actuality, the Saddleman leather looks better than the HD backrest leather, IMHO.

Old 11-06-2010, 08:48 AM
snowman13%
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey brother make sure the Saddleman seat fits and it's what you want because they tried to screw me out of a 20% restocking fee. Still had to pay for the return shipping. Not a Saddleman Co. fan. They are not real truthful bout things. Be careful.

Old 11-06-2010, 09:53 AM
1peter
Tourer

[QUOTE=Colorado08FLSTCI;7500653]On a slow aircard so it's difficult to look it up myself, but if you go to my profile and look for all posts made by me, I talk about the rear bracket issue and another install issue I had. Got it resolved and explained how in the posts.

As for the scratching issue, haven't noticed anything. The color issue, mine looks good. The seat and the backrest are two different kinds of leather and in all actuality, the Saddleman leather looks better than the HD backrest leather, IMHO.[/QUOTET The seat I'm buying is covered in their look alike leather material, which is why i wondered what it is like ??

Old 11-06-2010, 09:55 AM
1peter
Tourer

Originally Posted by snowman13%
Hey brother make sure the Saddleman seat fits and it's what you want because they tried to screw me out of a 20% restocking fee. Still had to pay for the return shipping. Not a Saddleman Co. fan. They are not real truthful bout things. Be careful.
Doesn't fill me full of confidence when i am buying from Australia. I have double checked to make sure it is the correct seat for my bike and i am not dealing direct with saddlemen anyway, i bought it on ebay.

Old 11-06-2010, 10:03 AM
1peter
Tourer

Originally Posted by Colorado08FLSTCI
On a slow aircard so it's difficult to look it up myself, but if you go to my profile and look for all posts made by me, I talk about the rear bracket issue and another install issue I had. Got it resolved and explained how in the posts.

As for the scratching issue, haven't noticed anything. The color issue, mine looks good. The seat and the backrest are two different kinds of leather and in all actuality, the Saddleman leather looks better than the HD backrest leather, IMHO.
I have read your posts before. The reason i wanted to know about the color is because the seat i ordered is covered in saddlemens look alike leather. They describe it as glove soft and looks like leather ?? I was just wondering if it is black and similar to vinyl ??

Old 11-06-2010, 01:49 PM
agapsdiver
Road Master
Received 94 Likes on 41 Posts

I got the Saddleman King .. great seat..
It looks like black leather....like any other black leather seat..

Old 11-06-2010, 07:17 PM
1peter
Tourer

Originally Posted by agapsdiver
I got the Saddleman King .. great seat..
It looks like black leather....like any other black leather seat..
Thanks, is your seat covered in leather or the look alike stuff ? did it come with the mounting lug attached to the rear of the seat ?

Old 11-06-2010, 10:23 PM
agapsdiver
Road Master
Received 94 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by 1peter
Thanks, is your seat covered in leather or the look alike stuff ? did it come with the mounting lug attached to the rear of the seat ?
It's half leather (rider's seat), passenger seat and sides of seat are
the saddlehide(or whatever they call it.) Can't tell the difference. The mounting bracket is on the back of the seat, had to use the screw from my OEM seat.

Quick Reply: Saddlemen Explorer seat issue??