Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&H Big Radius vs V&H Big Shots

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 08:41 AM
hossmp
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V&H Big Radius vs V&H Big Shots

I am looking for feedback on the Vance and Hines Big Radius 2 into 2 pipes. I currently have the Vance and Hines Big Shot staggered on my bike. I have had them for close to seven years. The are showing their age and I was thinking about freshening it up. Does anyone have any experience in terms of sound of the two? I am wondering if the Big Radius series is louder by a great deal than the Big Shots? I do like the look of the Big Radius on the softails alot better if they were available back in 2003 when I put the first set on I would have probably used them instead.

Thanks for any insight

Old 03-08-2010, 09:05 AM
FL DEUCE
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the BR 2-2 on my scoot. I like the look and the sound. I have BCTM baffles in them which made the sound deeper and louder.
I don't care how many people have them on their bike ......... just means they like what i like.

Old 03-08-2010, 09:08 AM
KYFATBOB
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wife has big shots on her fat boy and I have big radius 2 into 2 on my fat bob... And my opinion is that the big radius sounds better and she agreed and is wanting a set for her bike, not just for the sound but for the looks.

Old 03-08-2010, 09:16 AM
hossmp
Intermediate

Thanks for the quick replies guys. I agree 1000% they look better on a softail. I was just concerned if they would sound terrible. Its hard to make that call on youtube videos they just sound bad in general sometimes.

I agree, I dont care if alot of people have them. Its a good looking set of pipes and when I look around I dont see many others that look better.

Old 03-08-2010, 09:17 AM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the big radius 2 into 2 and love them. I like loud pipes so no issue and honestly i think the big shots are louder than the BR from what i hear when riding and from hearing people pull away with the Big shots. But everyone tells me my bike is nice and loud.

Old 03-08-2010, 09:37 AM
hossmp
Intermediate

Originally Posted by OhioSkully
I have the big radius 2 into 2 and love them. I like loud pipes so no issue and honestly i think the big shots are louder than the BR from what i hear when riding and from hearing people pull away with the Big shots. But everyone tells me my bike is nice and loud.

I dont mind loud pipes either, however after doing my motor work I noticed a big increase in noise output. Right now my pipes have baffles and they are louder than the two guys I know with Vance and Hines without any baffles. I can only say that is due to a big bore kit and heads and cams at this time. It was quieter prior to the work though and its very noticable afterwards.

Old 03-08-2010, 12:22 PM
FrankT
Cruiser

I have big shot staggered on my Fatboy but almost went with big radius. Love the look but just a little too loud for me.

Old 03-08-2010, 02:29 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

I prefer the big shot longs. If you want discounted pricing please let me know.

Old 03-08-2010, 05:17 PM
f ecstasy
Cruiser

I went to my dealer and heard each pipe and thought the BR was a little louder and higher pitched. Also heard that the BSS had a little better performance. That was from the place I got my stage 1 done.

Old 03-09-2010, 12:01 AM
kiwideuce
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

big shots are a nice pipe!! i have big radius 2into1,nice pipe,sound good,my friend has the 2into2 his are considerably louder then mine!!
2 pipes i am starting to dig are!! for 2into 1,the v&h propipe,and for 2into2 the side shots!sideshots look good on trains !!
what bike you talking about??

Quick Reply: V&H Big Radius vs V&H Big Shots