Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Martin Brothers Pipes

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 08:04 AM
WV_BOY
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Martin Brothers Pipes

Okay, I am sure there is a thread for this but i am currently in Afghanistan and this internet is so dang slow it would take me forever to search around for the post. I have had my Rocker for about a year now and still only have 13 miles on it. This military thing is killing me but its what i love! I am due to return to England here in about 2 months and i would love to have a set of pipes waiting for me. Being that i live in England Martin Brothers aint to big and you def dont see any rockers around with them. I am just wondering what kind of luck/look people have had with them. I am pretty darn close to buying them. Just maybe like a little reassurance.

Old 03-10-2010, 08:30 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,220 Likes on 4,770 Posts

Don't know anything about Martin pipes but want to thank you for your service to your country and the to the world. Hope you get some good feedback on the pipes and get home soon safe and sound and get a chance to put some miles on that bike.

Edit....I guess it's KMS for you not miles. Anyway ride the hell out of it.

Old 03-10-2010, 10:15 AM
quentin2009
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1D2Ebk0fCw
I have Martin Bros Pipes on my Deuce, they are not coated on the inside and go blue very quickly, there are no baffles so they suffer a bit at mid range power, when opened up on the hi way the sonic waves start to perform. Their styling is awsome, as you can see I have the "Sliksta11" 2 into one, I use Blue Job to take the blue off of them after every other ride. They are also the loudest pipes I have ever heard, I am constantly watching out for the Police.
As well I need to get a heat shield on them as I have burnt a hole in every pair of jeans I have ridden with.

Attached Thumbnails Martin Brothers Pipes-2406991_6cb7cdc1-a75e-4b4e-bf62-c6c81cc9546f_1.jpg   Martin Brothers Pipes-2406991_8ca7d837-79df-48de-b3c5-ac16e602b6fa_1.jpg  
Old 03-10-2010, 10:33 AM
fatusboyus
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

man...bad a$$ bike there buddy!! that a heartland kit on the rear? ....nice..

Originally Posted by quentin2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1D2Ebk0fCw
I have Martin Bros Pipes on my Deuce, they are not coated on the inside and go blue very quickly, there are no baffles so they suffer a bit at mid range power, when opened up on the hi way the sonic waves start to perform. Their styling is awsome, as you can see I have the "Sliksta11" 2 into one, I use Blue Job to take the blue off of them after every other ride. They are also the loudest pipes I have ever heard, I am constantly watching out for the Police.
As well I need to get a heat shield on them as I have burnt a hole in every pair of jeans I have ridden with.

Old 03-10-2010, 01:18 PM
NDRider
Advanced

Here is a video taken right after I intalled my MB Shockwaves. I also installed BCT Monster Baffles. You really need to coat these pipes before installing them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_g3H_5hm_s

Last edited by NDRider; 03-10-2010 at 01:23 PM.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:36 PM
DragonSlayer08
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for your service, greatly appreciated!

I have Martin Brother's Shockwaves on my bike and have had no problems with them. I over 8,000 miles on them and really like them a lot. Mine came with baffles and O2 bung holes. They are black ceramic pipes with chrome heat sheilds.

I just read an article in The Horse about ceramic coated pipes that showed that heat measurements taken from 1/8" away on raw pipes was 526 degrees and on the coated pipes was 228 degrees. They also noted that the coated pipes cool down much faster.

Last edited by DragonSlayer08; 03-10-2010 at 04:41 PM.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:34 PM
quentin2009
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fatusboyus
man...bad a$$ bike there buddy!! that a heartland kit on the rear? ....nice..
Its a Performance Machine 240 Phatail Kit

Old 03-10-2010, 08:42 PM
JCTEX
3rd Gear

I have the Martin Bros. Medustas. I took the baffles out and they sound and look great. I agree, get them ceramic coated, mine have a little discoloration. Love the pipes from Martin Bros. I had Vance & Hines on there before and love these more.
Thanks for serving our country and keeping us safe at home. Be safe.

Old 03-10-2010, 08:51 PM
bluedemon06
Tourer

I have the curb feelers I like them i didnt think they were loud enough so I took the baffles out and now they sound great. Martin bros are great people they didnt offer those pipes in my year because of the O2 sensors but they said they would put O2 bungs in and make them work. I also have burnt my pants leg too so watch for that.

Attached Thumbnails Martin Brothers Pipes-dscf4279.jpg  
Old 03-13-2010, 02:19 AM
WV_BOY
Intermediate

I am thinking about getting the shockwaves. Now, i iwll have to get them heatsheilded or do yall think that they may do that (i should prob ask them. Also, ceramic coated, is that on the outside of the pipe or the inside? Bear with me here guys. I am a complete noob. I want to buy these and have them installed before i get home because there is the SOFER rally. Really nice HOG rally in England.

Quick Reply: Martin Brothers Pipes