Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 07:13 PM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I'm getting reading to put pipes on and I'm having a problem deciding on v&h 2 into 1 or 2 into 2 looking for a good load sound and performance they both look great on the bike but I've never heard either on the bike except on you tube and I can't really go by that just looking for a little input thx

Old 03-30-2011, 07:18 PM
Pyron
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Lone wolf lo 10
So I'm getting reading to put pipes on and I'm having a problem deciding on v&h 2 into 1 or 2 into 2 looking for a good load sound and performance they both look great on the bike but I've never heard either on the bike except on you tube and I can't really go by that just looking for a little input thx
If you like the looks with the 2:1 then go for it over the 2:2. Performance should be better and sound is still there IMO.

Old 03-30-2011, 07:42 PM
FBLJosh
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pyron
YES YES YES!!!!! Now I don't have to fabricate something!!! Seriously, this may have made my week :P
I'm glad I could be a part of making your week!! LOL I see some guys around here with them on their bikes going to and from some golf courses, so I know they work. Good luck with it.

Old 03-30-2011, 07:55 PM
BarroomHero
Intermediate

Ok so I bought a layback plate mount today. I'm having some troubles getting the stock mount off, the screws seem retardedly inacessable, anyone have any tips here?

Old 03-30-2011, 07:59 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the stock mount comes off in like 3 parts.. a slider which holds the top of the plate, a lower bracket which holds the bottom of the plate, and the mount which mounts it to the fender.. remove the slider, followed by the lower, then get a box wrench or something to hold the nuts that are inside the fender, and simply take the 3 bolts that hold the mount to the fender out.

Old 03-30-2011, 08:00 PM
Pyron
Cruiser

So I talked to my service guy at the dealer today. They're going to swap out my Gloss Black primary and cam covers to the wrinkle black for only a restocking fee, which is pretty damn awesome. So I went ahead and got the Heavy Breather and the new speedo/tach that's all the rage right away too, to show my appreciation of course. Pics when they get put on, prolly next week

I would have done a different console right away, but I've set my sights on the Dashlink by Hells Foundry:
http://www.hellsfoundry.com/dashlink.htm

They have mocked up the softail console (showed on the site on a road king). I'm just waiting for him to come out with pics of the black and carbon fiber consoles before I pull the trigger. On a side note, he said he gives a 15% discount to active military.

Old 03-30-2011, 08:22 PM
SuspendedUser
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok ok ok... im not trying to start anything so im going to start with a couple of disclaimers...

A. Im not a mechanic so dont take my opinion as fact
B. i just went for a quick ride

that being said i got my PC-V today from fuelmoto, installed it and HOLY ****!
what a difference from the fuelpak man... decel pop is almost completely gone and my bike has a brand new set of *****! i swear the difference is immediatly obvious!

second and third gear RIP!!!! even first gear... the bike feels steady and full of get up and go...

i cannot wait until i get this bad boy dynoed...

That being said, my fuelpak is up for sale!

Old 03-30-2011, 09:38 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Pyron
So I talked to my service guy at the dealer today. They're going to swap out my Gloss Black primary and cam covers to the wrinkle black for only a restocking fee, which is pretty damn awesome. So I went ahead and got the Heavy Breather and the new speedo/tach that's all the rage right away too, to show my appreciation of course. Pics when they get put on, prolly next week

I would have done a different console right away, but I've set my sights on the Dashlink by Hells Foundry:
http://www.hellsfoundry.com/dashlink.htm

They have mocked up the softail console (showed on the site on a road king). I'm just waiting for him to come out with pics of the black and carbon fiber consoles before I pull the trigger. On a side note, he said he gives a 15% discount to active military.
Wow, I had no idea they made a docking station console. When they do get the black one out, post it up! Now I'm thinking new dash lol.

oh and Ricky that is cool, I'm a little jealous, but that's cool bro!

Old 03-30-2011, 09:47 PM
Lawleywood
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rquirch
ok ok ok... im not trying to start anything so im going to start with a couple of disclaimers...

A. Im not a mechanic so dont take my opinion as fact
B. i just went for a quick ride

that being said i got my PC-V today from fuelmoto, installed it and HOLY ****!
what a difference from the fuelpak man... decel pop is almost completely gone and my bike has a brand new set of *****! i swear the difference is immediatly obvious!

second and third gear RIP!!!! even first gear... the bike feels steady and full of get up and go...

i cannot wait until i get this bad boy dynoed...

That being said, my fuelpak is up for sale!
I hate to say I told ya so but.... I told ya so lol anyway the PC V I swear is the best, to be honest I had the PC III on my Dyna and it helped a bit. But when I put the PC V on it was a whole different story, and then I put the Samson pipes on it and it was a new machine compared to stock. I am glad I am not the only one that thinks it really opens the bike up.

Old 03-31-2011, 04:10 AM
Fatburger
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Damn decisions decisions. Is the PV C better than the SERT? as far as performance and reliability? Mine has the stage 1 but I'm going with the bassani 2 into 1 so I have to remap. Anyone with a SERT got any info or experience? All the los on here kick ***. Alot of different lookin cool bikes. Btw I think I found the cheapest thing ever in a Harley dealership 6.95 for the gloss black license plate frame.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners