Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 08:26 AM
MJ-13000
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rollin_fatboy
4? Yours is the only other one I remember. Unless the guy who was a speed freak and bought one still has it?

Ummm....I wasn't the speed freak

Old 05-28-2011, 09:21 AM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

4? Yours is the only other one I remember. Unless the guy who was a speed freak and bought one still has it?
I believe its you, me, MJ-13000 & PhrEEkShOw.

If I missed anyone else, I apologize, I kinda lost track of everything after page 250.

Old 05-28-2011, 09:26 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah i think you're right about 4 people owning them.. someone around here has the white version though, it looks good..and yeah they look a lot better in person.. but i couldn't go wrong with the vivid black, she makes the panties drop. too bad more than once thus far some female friends of mine look at it and go "Can I go for a ride?" and i tell them not right now because i don't have the passenger seat on it..

Old 05-28-2011, 09:50 AM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
yeah i think you're right about 4 people owning them.. someone around here has the white version though, it looks good..and yeah they look a lot better in person.. but i couldn't go wrong with the vivid black, she makes the panties drop. too bad more than once thus far some female friends of mine look at it and go "Can I go for a ride?" and i tell them not right now because i don't have the passenger seat on it..

Then you better get that damn passenger seat on ASAP! Haha

Too bad it won't fit in the solo bag or I'd have it on me almost all of the time because the same has happened to me on multiple occasions.

Old 05-28-2011, 09:55 AM
rollin_fatboy
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Lone wolf lo 10
Rollin fatboy now you have the bike your wallet will never be the same lol cograts on getting I think one of the best bikes out right now it's an addiction as soon as you do your first mod be perpaired for a life and finical change that no mater how many times you say I'm done and it's perfect there will be always something else that prys your wallet open and drains you dry but it's a wonderful feeling climbing out taking a ride and getting all the complements so enjoy and don't forget to save some money for gas because they look better on the road then in the garage
LOL Already started on that, I had to snap out of it as I was ordering things that should wait until riding season was over

On a side note, is it better to order the black lower forks from HD or take mine and get them powder coated? I've never had anything powder coated but theres a few places around Indy that look like they do a good job?

Old 05-28-2011, 10:32 AM
DrWalkinboner
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lawleywood
DrWalkinboner..... Is your swingarm bag the standard 312XL or did you have stuff added to it?
standard 312XL...more than what I needed

Old 05-28-2011, 10:37 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL Already started on that, I had to snap out of it as I was ordering things that should wait until riding season was over

On a side note, is it better to order the black lower forks from HD or take mine and get them powder coated? I've never had anything powder coated but theres a few places around Indy that look like they do a good job?
you will save hundreds of dollars by getting them powdercoated. Go to the coater and check out some of their work, and if you like it, get it done.. when i priced out the black lowers/primary cover/some other stuff, the HD parts came out to like $900. I had the lowers, primary cover, inspection cover, tripletree, fork filler bolts, and my visored headlight trim ring powder coated for $330. it's worth it.

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS
Then you better get that damn passenger seat on ASAP! Haha

Too bad it won't fit in the solo bag or I'd have it on me almost all of the time because the same has happened to me on multiple occasions.

what do you mean it won't fit with the solo bag? a swingarm bag? on mine it appears that i have plenty of room for a passenger to get their foot on the peg, no sweat.

Old 05-28-2011, 10:43 AM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer

Rolln fatboy it's a lot cheaper to pc by a long shot what I did is I found a set of lowers on eBay that were taken off by the dealer for the hd ones I payed $30 for them having them pc then it's just a mater of a swap with no down time between buying them and having them pc I have less the $120 invested which is still $240 cheaper
I put the bike on a stand removed the wheel and wraped the bike then rattle caned my forks to get a idea of how it will look I did about 5 coats with a space heater between the forks between coats came out great can't tell at all and with the suspension hanging you can never see the line were it was taped off going to keep them on until there's a problem them swap and have the old ones pc and either keep or sell
Hope I helped or just rambled lol good luck and ride safe going to post pics soon of the transformation lol

Old 05-28-2011, 12:59 PM
DeezNuts
Advanced

My two cents. Make a list of whatever you want to PC'd and do it all at once.... MUCH CHEAPER then piece by piece...

Old 05-28-2011, 01:10 PM
J-Dog
Advanced

Im thinking i need a new exhaust already.... everyone i see has the same exhaust that i have..... hahahahaha... it looks bitchin, theres alot of them out there.... Maybe a time for a change...

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners