Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 06:52 PM
turd fergussen
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
see..with either of these things, they're using some really big words. and i don't do well with words..i'm more of a Do'er, not a Read'er

http://www.racetech.com/download/IP_FEGV_FIT_web.pdf

not one bit of that makes sense to me.
... definately needs more pictures... lol

Old 08-26-2011, 07:09 PM
Nonstop Crunchy
Intermediate
Default New bags and sissy bar

Mathilda with her new bags and sissy bar from HD. Next week, I'll take off the fork reflectors before someone points them out to me...

Old 08-26-2011, 09:54 PM
FatBoyLo11
Novice

The Ricor Intiminator sounds like a really good product. I think I am adding it to my list over the winter as well. I think everyone usually over looks the suspension and goes for the looks, which so far I have done as well haha. The shotgun shocks would be awesome but damn they are expensive! The Racetech does look like a good product as well, I think some more research and I will decide on which one would be better. I like the fact you just drop the Intiminator in rather then drilling anything. But like you said Jimsfbl need to understand the performance factor

I also added the PC V and I have to say it is awesome! I read some of your reviews on here and you all were right. It is a great ride now, much smoother and more responsive. It only took me an hour to install it in my garage and I am not very good with a wrench haha. So if anyone is looking for a quick and inexpensive mod that will make your Lo ride better then the PC V is the way to go! Also getting it from FuelMotto pre mapped was fantastic. Plug and play baby!

Old 08-27-2011, 08:33 AM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FatBoyLo11
The Ricor Intiminator sounds like a really good product. I think I am adding it to my list over the winter as well. I think everyone usually over looks the suspension and goes for the looks, which so far I have done as well haha. The shotgun shocks would be awesome but damn they are expensive! The Racetech does look like a good product as well, I think some more research and I will decide on which one would be better. I like the fact you just drop the Intiminator in rather then drilling anything. But like you said Jimsfbl need to understand the performance factor

I also added the PC V and I have to say it is awesome! I read some of your reviews on here and you all were right. It is a great ride now, much smoother and more responsive. It only took me an hour to install it in my garage and I am not very good with a wrench haha. So if anyone is looking for a quick and inexpensive mod that will make your Lo ride better then the PC V is the way to go! Also getting it from FuelMotto pre mapped was fantastic. Plug and play baby!
Yea, they are some good dudes to do buisiness with. Sounds like you on track brotha, good luck with ur mods.

Old 08-27-2011, 08:46 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah man.. I put on my intake, exhaust, and PCV before I even knew this forum existed. If I had known then what I know now, I would have gotten the PCV from FuelMoto just for the simple fact of the custom maps for pretty much all my setups. Especially because I'm fixing to change my exhaust system out, which means it's possible that my map isn't going to work properly anymore, even though the two exhaust systems are remarkably similar..

RaceTech definitely needs more pictures in their PDF's. If they show me exactly what I have to drill, I could probably do it. What's the worse that can happen? I muck my springs and such up and have to buy new ones? Oh daggum well. Such is life.

Ya know, I have no problem tearing my bike down to an engine and a frame (as pictures have shown).. but that's because pretty much everything on it is in the service manual. i really think that the biggest thing stopping me isn't the cost factor, but the fact that now i'm seriously modifying things from the factory with aftermarket parts, and if one thing goes wrong, then i'm going to be in a world of poopoo to try to fix it. But like i've been preaching, this would be a winter mod, which gives me 4 months to raise the funds, and to think about it.

As for the shutgun shock..despite my absolute desire to have one (mostly to make the ladies go "OOOoooohhhh!! Bouncy! I want to ride your hog!"..jk).. $1550 from them or whatever Drew charges is still going to be a bit down the road for me

http://www.gunsmoke.com/motorcycling/r100gs/gold_valve/

....this site has pictures! i like pictures. Looking at the pictures and then looking at my neighbors drill press.. installation might be possible.

http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/tec...tor/index.html

PS.. that 14" Touring Passenger seat is ugly as sin when it's mounted on the bike.. it sticks out over the fender by like an inch on either side. But between an ugly seat that i can remove, or listening to some biddie going "OW My *** Hurts! Can we pull over?!" for hours on end..i'll take the ugly seat.

Old 08-27-2011, 08:50 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

PPS..
http://www.amazon.com/Race-Tech-Cadd...4452959&sr=1-1

$116?? are you kidding me? check me if i'm wrong, but that's the same P/N that RT has for the 2010 FLSTF/B

Old 08-27-2011, 09:10 AM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
PPS..
http://www.amazon.com/Race-Tech-Cadd...4452959&sr=1-1

$116?? are you kidding me? check me if i'm wrong, but that's the same P/N that RT has for the 2010 FLSTF/B
LMAO, some how I just knew that you would latch on to this like a bull dog! Your going to know more about this by weeks end than
anybody and I'll be asking you questions.
Great find on the links bro!

Old 08-27-2011, 09:14 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Dang up to 4000 post now.

Old 08-27-2011, 09:15 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by JIMSFBL
LMAO, some how I just knew that you would latch on to this like a bull dog!

woof.

Old 08-27-2011, 08:04 PM
Brutus01
Road Captain
Default Just some updated pics.....

Just like everyone else, this Fat Boy Lo thread has cost me a fortune and I am only about a third of the way finished. Since everyone is blacking the Lo out I decided to go chrome and flat black and here is what i have so far.

The mod list includes trans cover, cam cover , primary cover, chrome lower forks, brake and shifter levers, linkage and pegs, grips, jac knife highway pegs, passenger pegs, brake/tail light and the headlight visor. I think it made a big difference so far.

One question tho, what do you guys think, should I leave the vivid black accents or powder coat them matte black and just have chrome and one color black on the bike? Thx.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-shift-lever-and-linkage.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-grips_buttons.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-chrome-primary-side.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-black-trans_cam-side.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-brake-lever_jacknife.jpg  

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners