Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 08:54 PM
FatBoyLo11
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice bike man, I am not a fan of chrome but a little doesnt look bad. I still think the Lo was meant to be a black style bike but yours looks good. I really like those highway pegs, I am on the site ordering them now hahaha. I wanted some to go on my highway bars but those sweet! You can at least tuck em under the floor boards when your cruising and kick em out when you need em

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
PPS..
http://www.amazon.com/Race-Tech-Cadd...4452959&sr=1-1

$116?? are you kidding me? check me if i'm wrong, but that's the same P/N that RT has for the 2010 FLSTF/B
Ya man Amazon actually has a lot of good deals. They have everything I think haha. The funny thing is I am in Canada and if you go to .ca there is NOTHING, but on the .com site you can find anything ha. I think it is a great buy, save a few bucks!

Old 08-27-2011, 08:57 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Brutus01
Just like everyone else, this Fat Boy Lo thread has cost me a fortune and I am only about a third of the way finished. Since everyone is blacking the Lo out I decided to go chrome and flat black and here is what i have so far.

The mod list includes trans cover, cam cover , primary cover, chrome lower forks, brake and shifter levers, linkage and pegs, grips, jac knife highway pegs, passenger pegs, brake/tail light and the headlight visor. I think it made a big difference so far.

One question tho, what do you guys think, should I leave the vivid black accents or powder coat them matte black and just have chrome and one color black on the bike? Thx.

i'd matte those gloss pieces, personally. and yeah, what are those pegs attached to your floorboard? got a link to any sites about them?

Old 08-27-2011, 09:05 PM
Firemed509
Tourer

Where can I pick up a pair of those jack knife highway pegs for my lo.

Old 08-27-2011, 09:08 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/de...vidson_Softail

http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/413...ch-Flip-Blades

Kuryakyn apparently makes some too.. but they all seem to be expensive as sin.

the jackknives are too
http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/...-KNIFE&CartID=

Last edited by Sgt_Jim; 08-27-2011 at 09:12 PM.
Old 08-27-2011, 09:44 PM
FatBoyLo11
Novice
Default Anyone Interested In Air Cleaner

Hey all!

I was looking at getting a new air cleaner but I have a brand new Screaming Eagle one on the bike now. It is as old as the bike is and that is about 2 months now. If anyone is interested let me know and then I can look at getting the other one haha. Here is a pic of it, it has the edge cut style cover over the filter as well:

Name:  IMAG0057.jpg
Views: 674
Size:  146.9 KB

Old 08-27-2011, 09:53 PM
Nonstop Crunchy
Intermediate

Found a great guy locally for powder coating. Don't need as much as the black lo guys but I'm very happy!

Last edited by Nonstop Crunchy; 08-28-2011 at 06:49 AM.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:07 PM
Brutus01
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Firemed509
Where can I pick up a pair of those jack knife highway pegs for my lo.

I ordered the pegs directly from the manufacturer. I love the pegs but the only problem is with the LO already having a lowered suspension they tend to scrape really bad if you like to ride hard which I am guilty of doing. Here is the link.

http://www.imtnebraska.com/

I dont know if you guys can really see in the picture but the passenger pegs from Alloy Art I have might be one of my favorite mods so far. I like them better than the Heartland pegs. They fold flush and follow the curve of the frame.

http://www.alloyart.com/softtailfootpegs.html

Old 08-27-2011, 10:29 PM
socal yankee
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brutus01
Just like everyone else, this Fat Boy Lo thread has cost me a fortune and I am only about a third of the way finished. Since everyone is blacking the Lo out I decided to go chrome and flat black and here is what i have so far.

The mod list includes trans cover, cam cover , primary cover, chrome lower forks, brake and shifter levers, linkage and pegs, grips, jac knife highway pegs, passenger pegs, brake/tail light and the headlight visor. I think it made a big difference so far.

One question tho, what do you guys think, should I leave the vivid black accents or powder coat them matte black and just have chrome and one color black on the bike? Thx.
Hey Brutus. LOVE the black and chrome. That's what I'm doing to mine. Too black to be a chrome ***** and too shiny to be a black Betty. Those shift levers, brake lever , and pegs are awesome! Are those Carl Broussard?
Badass ride,bro.

Old 08-27-2011, 10:37 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

passenger pegs that fold up flush? that's awesome. too bad they don't have some kind of rubber pad on the top for passenger comfort..but it's still an awesome design

Old 08-27-2011, 11:47 PM
Brutus01
Road Captain

Originally Posted by socal yankee
Hey Brutus. LOVE the black and chrome. That's what I'm doing to mine. Too black to be a chrome ***** and too shiny to be a black Betty. Those shift levers, brake lever , and pegs are awesome! Are those Carl Broussard?
Badass ride,bro.
Thanks for the comliment and I feel the same about the balance between blacked out and chromed out. You are correct sir. All of it is Carl Broussard and although its more expensive than the Harley Edge Cut series I like it much better. The grips are alot more comfortable with the rubber inserts as well.

Sarge,

The pegs dont have rubber inserts but they do have 2 small nodules on the outer edge that grip to the soles of the boot. Not ideal but IMO they look alot better than the Heartland and still serve the purpose.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners